2k steam sale help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joebananas89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By joebananas89
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts

ok help me decide, so there is a sale i have ~50 in the wallet,i wanted to buy bioshock trilogy for 10, and borderlands 2 GOTY for 10.

are they worth it or should i just BT them and but tf2 keys instead?

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts
@joebananas89 said:

ok help me decide, so there is a sale i have ~50 in the wallet,i wanted to buy bioshock trilogy for 10, and borderlands 2 GOTY for 10.

are they worth it or should i just BT them and but tf2 keys instead?

I'd say Bioshock trilogy and Borderlands 2. While opinions on Infinite and Bioshock 2 are divided, I think the original Bioshock was generally appreciated, although I guess it doesn't look too pretty anymore. Also, the shooting in that game is not perfect if you're an fps fanatic. I personally enjoyed Bioshock 2, but it's simply expanding on the original and doesn't really bring anything new. Not having to pay full price for it might very well enhance your appreciation. Infinite was regarded by many as a step back; a repetitive and generic shooter with a questionable story. But a lot of people also thought it was great. And again, you're not paying full price, so it might feel like less of a rip-off if you don't like it. I haven't played it yet. Borderlands 2 is an amazing game, in my opinion. The shooting is satisfying, the levels often allow for different tactics and the enemy variety is great. I personally liked the art style and the humour aswell, but that's a matter of taste. Anyway, for those prices I think they're both worth it.

I'd personally never spent money on item keys. You could also buy the original Bioshock, X-Com and Borderlands 2. X-Com is pretty awesome, although it's not a shooter and that might be what you're aiming for.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The best games in the sale are Civ 5 Complete and X-Com. If TBS isn't your thing, though, then Borderlands and Bioshock are adequate shooters.