This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by strovayn (2 posts) -

So there's not many games that really fall into this category, but I'm looking for some 2 player RPG games.

Games such as Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy 9, and Final Fantasy Tactics. They don't revolve around 2 players, but it allows 2 different players to play, each controlling their own characters through battle. Or if you can think of any other co-op fantasy games, that would be great too. And I stress fantasy, no sports games, no shooting games, those aren't our type of games. :)

We own Playstation, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Wii, DS. Thanks.

#2 Posted by SuperbGamer (1243 posts) -

Since you own a Nintendo DS, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl versions would be a pretty good 2-player RPG. You and your opponent can battle each other.

[spoiler] You can even team up and co-op to battle the computer AI in the Battle Tower (unlockable after beating the game) [/spoiler]

#3 Posted by sjona (42 posts) -

also baldurs gate serie on the playstation 2.

more like a hack'n'slash but still goes alittle under the RPG title(progression via stats, items and spells)

#4 Posted by OneWingedAngeI (9448 posts) -
best one ever made is a bit old, but worth it if you can get your hands on it. secret of mana baby.
#5 Posted by strovayn (2 posts) -

I agree, Secret of Mana is quite the game. It's been awhile since we've played it.

Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles are two games we own, though personally Crystals Chronicles was crap.

#6 Posted by SoulSlayer_ (3426 posts) -
If you don't have Zelda Four Swords Adventures (GC) yet, definitely get that. It's probably my most favorite co-op game ever. Assuming you already have Tales of Symphonia, you might also want to check out Tales of the Abyss (PS2), but not Tales of Legendia (PS2), as it doesn't contain any multiplayer. Let's see... Well, Devil May Cry 3 (PS2) really isn't a fantasy game, but it actually has more RPG elements than Dawn of Mana which is often categorized as RPG, and it's possible to play the whole game in co-op. So that's just something I wanted to point out. As for DS, I know you can play Children of Mana and Narnia in co-op. Actually, I think all versions of Narnia have co-op.
#7 Posted by Shyn_1 (471 posts) -
X-Men Legends games are fun RPGs
#8 Posted by 190586385885857957282413308806 (13084 posts) -

Gladius and the upcomming Two Worlds come to mind

#9 Posted by Chaos_Daro (1818 posts) -

also baldurs gate serie on the playstation 2.

more like a hack'n'slash but still goes alittle under the RPG title(progression via stats, items and spells)

sjona

Also Champions of Norrath and the sequal Champions: Return to Arms are worth looking at. The story isn't that good but it's really fun and there's plenty of replay value. And co-op is just amazingly funin these types of games imo.

#10 Posted by muthsera666 (13271 posts) -
I have to recommend Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance I & II again. I've only played the first one, but it was very fun, and two players could make it pretty cool.
#11 Posted by King9999 (11835 posts) -
Baldur's Gate: DA and X-Men Legends II are fun. Since you mentioned Tales of Symphonia, you might also want to try Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria. Combat in that game is loads of fun. Really though, I never understood the point of making only the combat system multiplayer and making everything else single-player.