11/9 PS4 News - Diablo & Killzone trailers, Infamous screens

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

1. Diablo 3 runs at 1080p, 60 fps or better and the touchpad will be used for menu control. No release date and no word on whether Diablo PS3 owners will be able to upgrade to the PS4 version for 10 bucks, but its been confirmed that one can transfer PS3 characters to the PS4.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/08/hands-on-with-diablo-iii-and-reaper-of-souls-on-ps4/

Also, Diablo 3 PS4 will ship with some new features (some but not all of which are confirmed for the PC as well).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/09/blizzard-explains-diablo-iiis-exclusive-ps4-features

The third feature, and perhaps the most interesting, are Avenger Kills, which let you take revenge on monsters who have killed your friends.

“Let’s say you’re out playing in the world and a lowly white monster manages to get that last killing blow on you,” Humphreys said. “There’s a chance that that monster will level up and then a portal will open and the monster will jump through. And then maybe later on when I’m playing in my game, a portal may open up and the monster will come through and I’ll get a message like ‘[your friend]’s killer is now hunting you.’ And I have a chance to then take vengeance for this monster that killed you. It’ll be now a unique monster that has affixes and is much more powerful and when loot drops, of course, I’ll be able to get mine, but that I can send some back to you. It’s just kind of a fun way to help connect games.”

2. Here is a tutorial video for Killzone. It gives a very detailed explanation of the controls and some of the weapons. As one probably figured from the many gameplay videos, the OWL (the flying droid) can be ordered to attack, but its pretty weak, so you can't rely on it to take out more than a guy or two.

The gif is stolen from the GAF

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712033

3. Here's a new NFS trailer. Looks pretty sweet. The last NFS I enjoyed was Hot Pursuit 2 and this looks very similar, so while I won't be getting it at launch, I might ask Santa for it.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/08/check-out-need-for-speed-rivals-running-on-the-ps4/

4. The Playstation 4 is so awesome even Microsoft is using Playstation footage :).

http://www.psu.com/a021575/PS4-Watch-Dogs-footage-used-in-Xbox-gameplay-video

Microsoft recently posted a gameplay video of Watch Dogs which featured gameplay from a PlayStation 4.

5. Amazon (and hopefully everybody else including Gamestop, where I reserved my PS4) is stocked up for the PS launch.

5. Sony is teasing some form of Streetfighter for the PS4.

http://kotaku.com/sony-viral-teases-something-street-fighter-for-the-play-1460795703

6. Analysts project digital will make up 34% of the console market by 2017.

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/204427/Digital_on_track_to_comprise_34_percent_of_console_market_by_2017.php

7. A couple new screenshots of Infamous Second Son (more at the link).

8. Here's a trailer for Super Motherload, an indie mining title hitting the PS4 at launch. 1080p and 60 fps and this game no doubt pushed the PS4 to its very limits! Seriously I am always looking for good single room multiplayer games and the original has a lot of fans so I might pick this up at launch using the credit Sony gave me.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/08/super-motherload-on-ps4-exploring-the-story-and-game-modes/

There’s a surprising amount of depth in the design behind Super Motherload, with four years of concepting, experimentation, and refinement to the mechanics. Ultimately, the feedback loop remains straightforward; dig around to collect minerals and return to the surface to sell those minerals for cash. That cash allows you to refuel, repair, and — most importantly — buy upgrades so that you can drill deeper into the Red Planet.

The further you dig, the more difficult it is to progress. Your mining pod is upgradable to suit your style of play with various combinations of speed and capacity upgrades, bombs, items, and quest rewards. Eventually you’ll find the perfect balance and upgrade progression that allows you to blast through to the core and find out what’s happening to your comrades below. There are a number of strategies for efficient digging, and with the aid of co-op players, you’ll begin to discover better methods to reach your full potential with each trip.

9. Multiplayer puzzler Tiny Brains is missing the PS4 launch, but not by much (new launch date is the 26th).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/08/tiny-brains-on-ps4-1126-a-closer-look-at-dualshock-4/

For some background, Tiny Brains is an upcoming action puzzle game that follows the adventures of four tiny (but super-powered!) lab animals that have been experimented on by a mad scientist. Each “tiny brain” has a unique physics-based ability and players must work together to combine their powers and escape the trick-ridden science experiment. We made this game to truly be about co-op — unlike some co-op games where the stronger players can complete the objectives while their less-experienced friends hang back and bumble about, in Tiny Brains, all the animals’ powers must work in tandem in order to progress. You and your fellow gamers can no longer just coexist, you must truly cooperate, and it’s easy for non-gamers to jump in and have fun.

Bringing Tiny Brains to the PS4, we of course took advantage of the awesome power of the console by having more physics-based objects, more destructibles, and more legions of evil baby chickens. Beyond amped up power of the whole system, PS4 has some totally cool features that we got to work with. One of my favorites was the new tech in the DualShock 4 controller.

#2 Edited by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

Reeeally glad I held out for the PS4 version of Diablo 3.

#3 Edited by Ish_basic (3998 posts) -

Only problem is it's still Diablo 3.

#4 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

Same here. I played some of the PS3 version at my friend's house and I loved it, but decided to wait for the PS4 version.

I'm just happy it comes with Reaper of Souls :)

#5 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

@Shame-usBlackley said:

Same here. I played some of the PS3 version at my friend's house and I loved it, but decided to wait for the PS4 version.

I'm just happy it comes with Reaper of Souls :)

Yeah, I played it some at a party and was surprised how well it played on console. I remember buying the first Diablo for the original Playstation back in the day and man, it was pretty rough.

#6 Posted by D34DP00L_187 (18 posts) -

Killzone and inFamous Second Son look sick! I cannot wait for the new generation. Only a few more days.

#7 Posted by firefox59 (4358 posts) -

@CarnageHeart

Did you play the newest Hot Pursuit that came out in 2010? I thought that game was amazing. Most wanted was terrible but these new videos are giving me hope again. even though the same dev is making Rivals.

#8 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@CarnageHeart

Did you play the newest Hot Pursuit that came out in 2010? I thought that game was amazing. Most wanted was terrible but these new videos are giving me hope again. even though the same dev is making Rivals.

I missed the 2010 Hot Pursuit. I'm going to keep an eye on the upcoming game and keep my fingers crossed. Probably won't be getting it at launch, but I might get it soon if player impressions (and reviews) are positive.

#9 Edited by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -

I'm bummed that NFS is open world, open world racers are terrible imo. I like well designed, traditional racers where you can much better control track layout and with regards to this series, cop chases. I don't know why developers think open world is a natural progression for the genre, its not. Stick to what works.

Its funny, anytime I see next gen footage, I quickly scroll through it. I barely know anything of KZ so the first time I put it in the console, my patience will have paid off big time. Btw I just say a KZ commercial on tv.

#10 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

I'm bummed that NFS is open world, open world racers are terrible imo. I like well designed, traditional racers where you can much better control track layout and with regards to this series, cop chases. I don't know why developers think open world is a natural progression for the genre, its not. Stick to what works.

Its funny, anytime I see next gen footage, I quickly scroll through it. I barely know anything of KZ so the first time I put it in the console, my patience will have paid off big time. Btw I just say a KZ commercial on tv.

Yeah, I'm in that boat too. I wouldn't even touch Burnout Paradise after playing the demo. Open World works well for some things, but racers aren't among them.