1. Half an hour of Resogun footage. Youtube can't capture the glory, but still worth watching.
2. Ubisoft Montreal talks a bit about what it took to get Child of Light greenlit and why its a good idea for big companies to sometime make small indie type games.
Plourde also believes projects like Child of Light can be a good tool for large studios to retain top talent. Plourde suggested the studio might have easily lost 10 or 15 developers if it hadn't gone ahead with Child of Light. On top of that, the project has also attracted people from other studios to sign on with Ubisoft Montreal.
"It kind of rejuvenates the idea of Ubisoft Montreal," Plourde said, adding, "Basically, depending on what interests you, there should be something for everybody to say, 'You know what? I can build a career here and stay here.'"
3. There's already a thread about this, but for those that missed it on the 14th there will new game announcements on Spike TV.
In February, we announced PS4. In June, we showed it for the first time. Next week, on November 15th, we unlock a new generation of play in North America.
Join PlayStation and Spike TV for the live PS4 All Access: Greatness Awaits launch event! We’ll be live in New York City on November 14th starting at 11:00pm. Tune in to see exclusive world premieres and announcements about the PS4 games that will define 2014 and beyond. Watch live on Spike TV, Ustream, or right here on PlayStation.Blog. And why not RSVP, so you don’t forget?
4. Blockbuster is bankrupt and they are trying to hand out movies to people who preordered PS4s there unless they go to the main office. One man refused to that and picketed outside of a local store with a loudspeaker until they gave him his money. Power to the player! Henceforth 2013 will be known as the year of players not taking shit.
5. EA Sports confirms that UFC runs at 1080p and 30 FPS on the PS4 and Xbone.
6. When FTP War Thunder arrives, due to crossplay with the PC there will be 5 million veterans eager to murder us.
7. Here is a side by side comparison of the PS3 and PS4 versions of CoD (the journalist mentions that PS4 Xbone video comparisons are forbidden).
8. Sony has just released four new trailers which showcase PS4 features and developers singing the praises of the hardware (however much Sony agreed to pay Cerny, they ought to double it). The video below details remote play.
9. Nice trailer for Metal Slugesque indie game Mercenary Kings (which hits this winter). Details at the link.
10. Feeling the pain of Playstation racing fans, EA has announced NFS Rivals as a PS4 launch game.
11. Yoshida has confirmed that there are three ways to connect a PSV and a PS4.
Gamers were keen to have some points from the FAQ cleared up, and Yoshida-san was firstly asked, " If my internet connection is down, but my router is still up and both PS4 and Vita are connected, can I still use Remote Play? "
He replied, "Once you had registered them, yes. And even if the router is down, too." Yoshida-san then confirmed gamers will have a connection choice too adding, " you can choose the best connection. "
Next a curious Tweeter asked, "So there is a direct connect to the system ala remote play on the ps3? Neat." Yoshida-san then replied, "yes, you can choose."
It seems the executive is now stating there are three ways a PS4 and Vita can connect: directly when near a PS4 console, then via a local Wi-Fi network, and finally public Wi-Fi.