10 years on gamespot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Isual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 0

#1 Isual
Member since 2003 • 429 Posts

thanks gamespot for being the first gamesite (other than gamefaqs) than I frequented.

here's to another 10.

do I get a tag or an emblem ?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Nope, emblems are dead. I have been here for 9 years, i didn't get anything special

Kats_RK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Kats_RK
Member since 2010 • 2080 Posts

Unfortunately you don't get anything.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

you could do a blog about it though

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Over 11 for me. Although emblems are gone, I wouldn't say you get "nothing". You got 10 years of glorious news, videos, reviews, and forums. Yay.

*confetti*

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I've been an active poster in this forum since late 2001. Only active posters who have been here longer are Pedro and Shame-us. We should at least get a T-shirt or something, geez. :)

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ZZoMBiE13

@Randolph said:

I've been an active poster in this forum since late 2001. Only active posters who have been here longer are Pedro and Shame-us. We should at least get a T-shirt or something, geez. :)

You've just got to one-up me, doncha Randy???

:P

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Randolph

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@Randolph said:

I felt compelled to do so, yes. ;)

It wounded me that our registration dates no longer show on our profiles. (unless I've missed something) I always thought it was kind of neat to be one of only a few left on the site with May 2002 on their profiles. (it ignored any time we spent on the ZDnet boards sadly, that date is the time when the Lithium forums went up)

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@Randolph said:

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@Randolph said:

It wounded me that our registration dates no longer show on our profiles. (unless I've missed something) I always thought it was kind of neat to be one of only a few left on the site with May 2002 on their profiles. (it ignored any time we spent on the ZDnet boards sadly, that date is the time when the Lithium forums went up)

It shows the date on mine.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Randolph

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@Randolph said:

It shows the date on mine.

Well slap my ass and call me Susie. That's green, baby. They likely added that in a while ago now. Ever since they did away with our collection pages and replaced them with those god-awful stacks I haven't had much reason to actually go to my own profile.

Korubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Korubi
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts

Whoa what's up guys, does anyone remember me?

Korubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Korubi

This forum used to be called "General Games Discussion" I think

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Randolph

@Korubi said:

I remember your name. Nothing specific, though. Wow, your post count got slaughtered.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#15 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@Korubi said:

You were in the Community Contributions Union, yeah? Shame that place didn't make it over. Lot of great stuff there.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ZZoMBiE13

@Korubi said:

Of course I do! How's it going? I hope all is well. :)

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Randolph

I keep wondering if we could ever get Moses_The_Red, StegoKing, Minda_Cubed, Mark_Smith, D-mon DRV, Ashur, Frizzy_Fresh, MonkeyProfessor, and ssfreitas back in here one day. Then we'd really have a lively forum. EvilTaru popped in for one brief post the other day, but he's a full time gaf warrior now. N3MO has also not come over to the new place, I think she was tiffed about the Virtual Underground being deleted in this move to the new forums.

Korubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Korubi

@c_rakestraw, Yeah man! That's like, how I learned to write. Were all UCB's destroyed or something?

@Randolph Heh, good eye, I actually requested to get it deleted a while back...I don't even remember why lol. I think I had 25 or 30k, somewhere around there.

@ZZoMBiE13 Good man, I'm onto bigger and better things. You still drawing away over there?

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Randolph

@Korubi said:

@Randolph Heh, good eye, I actually requested to get it deleted a while back...I don't even remember why lol. I think I had 25 or 30k, somewhere around there.

So did I, back when Frizzy got his reset in like, 2005. I asked an admin to do the same for me. My real post count is likely around 40k.

Korubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Korubi

@Randolph Now that you mention it, I think I got the idea from Frizzy too. I think I was into the idea of having a really high level but no posts, haha. My level's basically chump stuff now.

I was still talking to Frizzy every once in a while on AIM up until a few years ago. EvilTaru, Frizzy, Phreak64, all those dudes are legendary.

Korubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Korubi

This redesign looks great though. @Randolph weren't you a mod at some point? Any of the original mods still around? You and Shame-us look like normal old users now.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Randolph

@Korubi said:

This redesign looks great though. @Randolph weren't you a mod at some point? Any of the original mods still around? You and Shame-us look like normal old users now.

I haven't been a forums moderator for Gamespot since mid-2004 dude. ;)

Shame-us didn't seem to really dig the mod thing, he moved on from that pretty quick from what I remember. None of us who were mods back in 2001/2002 are still actively helping moderate now, even AnonymousBroccoli and ChronoSquall just plain stopped posting at GS.

Pat Mifflin is still around, but has yet to show himself on these new boards, though I chalk that up as much to FF14: ARR as anything else. (same for JustPlainLucas) MikeMurray is around here somewhere too though, thought I spotted him the other day.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#23 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@Korubi said:

@c_rakestraw, Yeah man! That's like, how I learned to write. Were all UCB's destroyed or something?

Likewise! Don't know where I'd be without it.

Yes, unfortunately. The staff decided to cut those features from the site. They're bringing certain union boards over, but no word on when that's supposed to happen. UCBs were excluded from that, though.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ZZoMBiE13

@Korubi said:

@ZZoMBiE13 Good man, I'm onto bigger and better things. You still drawing away over there?

Good to hear man. And nice to see you!

And to answer your question... not really. I did some work for a card game a couple of years ago but to my knowledge it never was actually released. Some T-shirt designs, nothing big or all that interesting. Since then I've kinda just quit messing with too much art other than an occasional doodle. But thanks for asking. :)

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

My joined date says June 15th 2002, but I've been around a lot longer than that. They did a join date reset after doing some kind of website merge that "updated" the join dates for a lot of users. I think I had 2 or 3 years shaved off. Can't remember.

Not sure how much I'll use it now that I'm looking at a Giant Bomb clone for the lists (stacks are ew). The site content has been average quality for a long time, but I continued to use it since it was only a click away from the lists feature I used daily.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Randolph

@Bgrngod said:

My joined date says June 15th 2002, but I've been around a lot longer than that. They did a join date reset after doing some kind of website merge that "updated" the join dates for a lot of users. I think I had 2 or 3 years shaved off. Can't remember.

Not sure how much I'll use it now that I'm looking at a Giant Bomb clone for the lists (stacks are ew). The site content has been average quality for a long time, but I continued to use it since it was only a click away from the lists feature I used daily.

Any time you had your account before the Lithium forums and the Gamespot "Complete" feature premiered in May 2002 is not accounted for, unfortunately.

fatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 fatee
Member since 2004 • 371 Posts

I used to come here exclusively for game patches... times have changed.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#29  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

@Randolph said:

Damn, now I can't pretend to be a teenager anymore. :(

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Randolph

@Pedro said:

@Randolph said:

Damn, now I can't pretend to be a teenager anymore. :(

We are old farts. We'll be in adult diapers complaining about how games aren't as good as they used to be one of these days. Oh, and Mike Murray (KIng9999) seems to have popped back up, he's also my senior on here by a few years and is as old as the dirt.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@Randolph said:

We are old farts. We'll be in adult diapers complaining about how games aren't as good as they used to be one of these days. Oh, and Mike Murray (KIng9999) seems to have popped back up, he's also my senior on here by a few years and is as old as the dirt.

You can be the old diaper wearing grumpy fart I can be the fully functional mature one. :D

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Randolph

@Pedro said:

@Randolph said:

You can be the old diaper wearing grumpy fart I can be the fully functional mature one. :D

I've had to learn the hard way recently that we ALL become diaper wearing grumpy old farts if we live long enough. ;)

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

Ah! Where did I end up? The air is so thick and ancient... I hear strange analogue beeps. I see giant cases with tiny windows. I smell frustration and cynicism. This is where the dawn of video games took place. I'm not sure if I want to stay or run... I feel like I shouldn't be here.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pedro

@Randolph said:

I've had to learn the hard way recently that we ALL become diaper wearing grumpy old farts if we live long enough. ;)

I will use stems cells as my cheat code until it ruins my body. LOL

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Randolph

@Pedro said:

@Randolph said:

I will you stems cells as my cheat code until it ruins my body. LOL

Yeah, I'm hoping they hurry up and do that before I get too far along. What good is living forever if I'm stuck as a sixty year old with a bad back? Hopefully we get magical Kojima style NANOMACHINES too.