10 Steps Wii U has to make to get back?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I came across this from Gametrailers, and i have to say i agree with it. Though for some it may not be a big deal, but for me personally if Nintendo gets achievments i would buy it in a heartbeat. The rest of the list is also pretty good

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/cxfwc9/gt-countdown-top-10-ways-nintendo-can-step-it-up

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Nothing will come of any of those suggestions. Nintendo is an incredibly conservative company and has been for a very long time.

When times are bad for Nintendo, they state that they are in a position too precarious to innovate. When times are good for Nintendo, they state that the fact that times are good means that there is no need to innovate. Once Nintendo funded original Western developed IPs and its fans enjoyed such games, but nowadays Nintendo doesn't trust any non-Japanese designer to make original games (their Western programmers work on moldering Japanese franchises under the close supervision of Miyamoto).

Unsurprisingly, Nintendo and its console fanbase are narrower than ever (a small group of core games fixated on a handful of Japanese franchises).

The same can even be said of Nintendo's handhelds. The 3DS is putting up good numbers, but not as good as those of the DS and casual games which once sold many millions of copies are dying quiet deaths at retail (nods towards Nintendogs and Brain Training) because people who pay a dollar for minigames and virtual pet games on their smartphones are no longer willing to pay $40 for such games on dedicated handhelds.

Nintendo is unlikely to carry out any of the suggestions and some of them make no sense. For example, buying Sega would be pointless because Sonic is the only franchise Sega has that Nintendo fans care about is Sonic and nobody else wants Sonic.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@CarnageHeart said:

Nothing will come of any of those suggestions. Nintendo is an incredibly conservative company and has been for a very long time.

When times are bad for Nintendo, they state that they are in a position too precarious to innovate. When times are good for Nintendo, they state that the fact that times are good means that there is no need to innovate. Once Nintendo funded original Western developed IPs and its fans enjoyed such games, but nowadays Nintendo doesn't trust any non-Japanese designer to make original games (their Western programmers work on moldering Japanese franchises under the close supervision of Miyamoto).

Unsurprisingly, Nintendo and its console fanbase are narrower than ever (a small group of core games fixated on a handful of Japanese franchises).

The same can even be said of Nintendo's handhelds. The 3DS is putting up good numbers, but not as good as those of the DS and casual games which once sold many millions of copies are dying quiet deaths at retail (nods towards Nintendogs and Brain Training) because people who pay a dollar for minigames and virtual pet games on their smartphones are no longer willing to pay $40 for such games on dedicated handhelds.

Nintendo is unlikely to carry out any of the suggestions and some of them make no sense. For example, buying Sega would be pointless because Sonic is the only franchise Sega has that Nintendo fans care about is Sonic and nobody else wants Sonic.

I don't know about the whole SEGA thing, but the other points are pretty good if you ask me. They need to do something, and they need to fire Iwata

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Good points Carnage.

I have come to expect absolutely nothing from Nintendo these days, it's a direct path to disappointment. They have relegated themselves to an afterthought, and they are a far cry from what they used to be.

I still hold out that sometime in my lifetime they can change and become again what they once were, but as long as Iwata an co. are at the reigns, it's not happening.

GAJY_FILTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By GAJY_FILTH
Member since 2003 • 112 Posts

All they need is good games