10 Myths About Video Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ultimameteora (2573 posts) -

10 Myths About Video Games

I was looking for a new water softener and somehow ran across this, I thought it was an interesting read.

#2 Posted by meetroid8 (21147 posts) -

Stuck with millions of the games, Atari opted to bury them. Unfortunately, nostalgic video game hunters who visit the landfill in search of a souvenir will be sorely disappointed. The company had the landfill owners crush the cartridges with a steamroller, and the whole pile was paved over with concrete

The article

That seems a bit excessive. >.>

#3 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19355 posts) -

[QUOTE="The article"]

Stuck with millions of the games, Atari opted to bury them. Unfortunately, nostalgic video game hunters who visit the landfill in search of a souvenir will be sorely disappointed. The company had the landfill owners crush the cartridges with a steamroller, and the whole pile was paved over with concrete

meetroid8

That seems a bit excessive. >.>

If you had played E.T. on Atari you wouldn't think it's excessive. You would think it's the bare minimum.
#4 Posted by Business_Fun (2282 posts) -

Did you find the water softener?

#5 Posted by BlackDevil99 (2329 posts) -

Did you find the water softener?

Business_Fun

I am interested as well

#6 Posted by ultimameteora (2573 posts) -
LOL, yes we plan to get a Whirlpool one that is $499, we have to replace our old one which was 13 years old.
#7 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19355 posts) -
LOL, yes we plan to get a Whirlpool one that is $499, we have to replace our old one which was 13 years old.ultimameteora
Tell us more about the old one
#8 Posted by Business_Fun (2282 posts) -

[QUOTE="ultimameteora"]LOL, yes we plan to get a Whirlpool one that is $499, we have to replace our old one which was 13 years old.Black_Knight_00
Tell us more about the old one

It does sound as if the old one has been through the wars. Fill us in.