1 Million PS4's sold in one day(North America)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SolidIngram (49 posts) -

Who would have thought this is how Sony would kick off the next gen. Congratulations to them, it looks like they are on track to have the best selling console of all time. Very impressive.

#2 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2816 posts) -

Just a short walk from the start,the PS4 reached a million in a day already?! Would be a joke to me if there's no source on this

#3 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25036 posts) -

It's done more in its first day than all other consoles/handhelds in their first month.

#4 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2816 posts) -

So how could the TC know this without the source? You need it to indicate it's "one mil. in one day" move

#5 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25036 posts) -
#6 Posted by Metamania (11855 posts) -

That's pretty impressive, but I wonder if MS will be able to outdo Sony on that?

#7 Posted by MirkoS77 (6232 posts) -

Good for them. I'm loving this launch.

#8 Posted by Randolph (10113 posts) -

That's pretty impressive, but I wonder if MS will be able to outdo Sony on that?

I think coming out only a week after when PS4 is still a hot sought after item, and at a higher price tag, may hurt them.

#9 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2816 posts) -

I would be pleased if just 5 or 10% of its sales were those from Indonesia,but sadly,the gamers here were too cocky to actually buy this together with a fairly fitted 40' LED tv

#10 Posted by Jacanuk (2754 posts) -
#11 Edited by Jacanuk (2754 posts) -

Who would have thought this is how Sony would kick off the next gen. Congratulations to them, it looks like they are on track to have the best selling console of all time. Very impressive.

Hmm, not bad numbers but lets when they hit a week and see if they can keep those numbers.

But good for sony they deserve a win.

#12 Edited by S0lidSnake (28981 posts) -

MS is launching worldwide. They should be able to sell more units on one day.

#13 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2816 posts) -

@S0lidSnake: we'll see about that, the Xbone doesn't seem to be able to catch up with the PS4 in just one day imo

#14 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65902 posts) -

Damn you beat me to this :P, well i am impressed. Not really surprised

#15 Posted by SolidIngram (49 posts) -

Sorry for no link posted guys I was in a rush when I made this thread.

#16 Posted by TransformerRobo (488 posts) -

I have to admit that was impressive, but being the second most expensive of the 3 8th gen consoles is still a problem.

#17 Posted by Namgis (3510 posts) -

Not all that surprising. The price point is right for Sony. I think their expectations for selling 4 million units by years end is looking to be a fair assessment. Can't wait to see what UC4 looks like. And EA's venture into Star Wars exclusivity.

#18 Posted by TransformerRobo (488 posts) -

I wouldn't mind that part at the end, if I didn't hate EA so much.

#19 Posted by CoquiNegro (173 posts) -

That's unbelievable, but don't count victory just yet. Console launches don't necessarily mean that the same will continue the whole way. I'm unimpressed by the system at the moment, but things might turn around if I really see some games that impress me and sony turns the ps4 into a true gaming console. The latter they are executing quite well.

#20 Posted by Jacanuk (2754 posts) -

That's unbelievable, but don't count victory just yet. Console launches don't necessarily mean that the same will continue the whole way. I'm unimpressed by the system at the moment, but things might turn around if I really see some games that impress me and sony turns the ps4 into a true gaming console. The latter they are executing quite well.

Think Sony will win this launch window in terms of sales, i don't believe Xbone will be able to compete with that at least not when you take europe/asia also, particular not when Microsoft has decided to go for a few big markets and give the rest a huge F you, which i dont blame MS, europe is and have been Sony land.

#21 Edited by firefox59 (4219 posts) -

It's done more in its first day than all other consoles/handhelds in their first month.

This graphic is BS. The DS sold more than 1.3 million in it's first 5 weeks or so. I don't think it sold 900,000 units in the one week after the first month.

#22 Posted by lapkopdung (1 posts) -

wow hichic 1.3 million?