007 Nightfire - best James Bond game of the previous gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

I had the GC version like 10 years ago,and had so much fun with it,my friends had the PS2 one,and some had the XBOX ver.

Eventually i gave it away,but i regret it...

Recently i found it new,(PS2 onw)for just 8 Euros in a small store.

And i'm loving it...again.

#2 Posted by Megavideogamer (5441 posts) -

007 Nightfire is a classic. I still have a copy for the Gamecube. I also had the original Xbox version.

#3 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Yes. Underrated game no doubt.

#4 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

NaveedLife

I know right?

#5 Posted by NinjaLegacy (184 posts) -

yes without a doubt

#6 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

GreekGameManiac

I know right?

Agent Under Fire was good, but nightfire improved upon everything, especially the multiplayer maps. I really miss games like Nightfire, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Timesplitters.

#7 Posted by PSP107 (11913 posts) -
Everything Or Nothing
#8 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

I loved all the previous gen James Bond games, I think Nightfire was certainly my most played and favourite, with Everything or Nothing being quite high up too

#9 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8039 posts) -
I enjoyed Nightfire, mainly for the split screen. My favorite Bond game last gen was Everything or Nothing, best campaign imo and it had co-op missions which were fun.
#10 Posted by JogsterXL (299 posts) -
My favorite Bond game last gen was Everything or Nothing, best campaign imo and it had co-op missions which were fun.Eikichi-Onizuka
Everything Or Nothing is the best for me
#11 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]My favorite Bond game last gen was Everything or Nothing, best campaign imo and it had co-op missions which were fun.JogsterXL

Completely different games, but both are great. I prefer Nightfire though.

#12 Posted by Branmuffin316 (1200 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]My favorite Bond game last gen was Everything or Nothing, best campaign imo and it had co-op missions which were fun.JogsterXL

I concur.

#13 Posted by MethodManFTW (25784 posts) -
I prefer Everything or Nothing as well. Nightfire was cool though.
#14 Posted by Cedars65 (41 posts) -

Bar none. Agent Under Fire was decent, but the addition of bots in Nightfire really made it the game it was, in my opinion. I spent hours with friends on the multiplayer maps. Killing snow guards with Phoenix cannons, now that's a good time.

#15 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

I think Nightfire's multiplayer was more fun than the sequel's. Can't remember why, just that we seemed to get more out of it.

But for single-play Everything or Nothing was the one to have, From Russia With Love was very good too. And despite being stripped right down to the bare essentials, Quantum of Solace was also enjoyable.

1. Everything or Nothing
  2. From Russia With Love
  3. Nightfire

; is how i'd rank them from the ones i've played.

#16 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -
+1 for Everything of Nothing. That game was really fun. I haven't played the others though.
#17 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

I liked the majority of Bond games from that era... I really liked the variations in "Everything or Nothing", the FPS/Stealth of "Agent", and "NightFire"... I'm even a fan of "GoldenEye" where you're the rogue bad-guy agent coming in contact with the other villians... I even find a bit of merit to "From Russia With Love", for the graphics, and over-all tone they achieved. I enjoyed ALL of the Bond game in one way or another. 'Corse, I didn't PAY very much to play any of them, either. With the exception of "NightFire" which I was raptly awaiting after the "Agent Under Fire" game impressed me so much, I think the most any of them have run me is $3 to add them to my library and start playing... So it's kinda hard to hate on any of it. Even as a Bond freak, I'm alright with the story of "GoldenEye" where you're the anti-hero... I thought it was an interesting use of the licenses, and themes. To Hell with following convention when it comes to portraits if our heros. We see the movies, so give us something different, but with the same sort of investigations of "LA Noire", the stealth of "AssCreed" or "Splinter Cell", and the combat of classic "SOCOM Navy Seals", with options, benefits, and drawbacks attached to each... How hard would it be?

:D

But I like just about any Bond game. Haven't gotten one yet that I didn't get a laugh or a thrill out of...

#18 Posted by genius2365 (387 posts) -
Ah Nightfire. Countless hours spent playing split-screen with buddies versus the AI. Loved camping the top of one of the buildings and spamming rockets. I became nostalgic when my friend found his old copy of Nightfire. Played it all afternoon. Also, anybody else remember the bit in Skyfall where Bond goes to Shanghai? One of the scenes (the one where see the building from top to bottom) looked like it was ripped directly out of the mission ''Night Shift'', when Bond infiltrates Phoenix. Good times
#19 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8039 posts) -
Thinking about these games has me thinking a 007 HD Collection would be nice.
#20 Posted by spike6958 (4832 posts) -
Everything or Nothing and Nightfire are joint for me, both are great games.
#21 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4728 posts) -

Did anyone ever notice that Oddjob's hat in multiplayer was heat-seeking?

#22 Posted by Funkyhamster (17366 posts) -

Everything or Nothing was probably better technically, or artistically, or whatever, but Nightfire definitely provided the most fun. Great atmosphere, awesome multiplayer maps, and an enjoyable singleplayer campaign as well. It's definitely up there with SSBM in terms of nostalgic memories with friends.

NaveedLife

Definitely. I have very fond memories of Agent Under Fire too, but when I go back to the game, I can see why critics lambasted it. Nightfire still holds up well even when I play it now, so I'm surprised by the low review scores it got.

#23 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

I don't remember Nightfire as much as I do Everything or Nothing (I don't own the former), but Everything or Nothing is one of my favourite games from last gen, let alone one of my favourite Bond games

#24 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
nightfire is the best 007 game after goldeneye
#25 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
i liked everything or nothing better
#26 Posted by NinjaLegacy (184 posts) -

Bar none. Agent Under Fire was decent, but the addition of bots in Nightfire really made it the game it was, in my opinion. I spent hours with friends on the multiplayer maps. Killing snow guards with Phoenix cannons, now that's a good time.

Cedars65

Yes this, me and my friends would play split screen with bots for days. Nightfire was a 3rd person shooter not my cup of tea.

#27 Posted by ItsEvolution (2593 posts) -
Nightfire was good times.
#28 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
Though very good. I think it is tied with Everything or Nothing.
#29 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
This was the most fun I had with a 007 game since Goldeneye :P I wish I still had it really