Knewl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Knewl2
Member since 2004 • 383 Posts

I have never played a action survival horror before and i never thought about picking this up when it came out. Could you tell me if this would be a good buy on the gamecube or PS2, i have a Wii but i dont really want to wait or have the motion controls that much.

Is this an ok difficulty level for someone new to the genre?

Disappear_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Disappear_Here
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
RE4 was my first game in the series too and loved it.  i didnt find it that difficult but was challenging enough and was able to beat the game.  i only played it on PS2 and had no complaints at all.  i can vouch for the ps2 version but am unsure how it handles on the GC
Radiata_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Radiata_Blue
Member since 2006 • 250 Posts
It is a good entry level game for someone new to the genre. Its actually kind of a departure from previous RE games and it plays almost completely differently than many other similar games. I was never very good at RE games before but I had no trouble getting into RE 4.
zachdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 zachdragon
Member since 2005 • 1707 Posts

I love RE4 I beat it a while ago and now I'am replaying it I own the PS2 version and I love it.

zachdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 zachdragon
Member since 2005 • 1707 Posts

Wait for the Wii version it will hae improved graphics and sweet controls

Iorning_board

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Iorning_board
Member since 2005 • 1853 Posts

zachdragon

What he Said.

Its an awesome must have game. I mean I own it on GC and I will buy it on Wii as soon as it comes out for the extra features... check out some of the vids while you wait to get a feeling for the game...

Lady_Sekhmet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Lady_Sekhmet
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
As from someone who just bought this game for less than $10 (wee), and very new to the series. I believe that you start at a normal difficulty level, and then there is a way to progress to higher difficulty as you finish the game.  I just played about 30 mins of the game, it does take a bit getting used to the aims (if your'e good at shooter games, then you really shouldn't have a problem....I'm not, so I have a bit longer to learn), however the controls are so much easier to use compared to prior RE versions.    I do recommend you to get the GC version.  Someone posted a while back of a website that did a great job comparing the game on GC and PS2, and it was obvious that the GC version win hands down when it comes to graphics.    Go ahead and try it!  
Superlegtesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Superlegtesta
Member since 2003 • 389 Posts
[QUOTE="zachdragon"]

Iorning_board

What he Said.

Its an awesome must have game. I mean I own it on GC and I will buy it on Wii as soon as it comes out for the extra features... check out some of the vids while you wait to get a feeling for the game...

I didn't know about the better graphics... But if you really can't wait, here's the main difference: the Gamecube version has slightly better graphics; the PS2 version has some extra features (quite worth it) once you beat the game. 

Superlegtesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Superlegtesta
Member since 2003 • 389 Posts
[QUOTE="zachdragon"]

Iorning_board

What he Said.

Its an awesome must have game. I mean I own it on GC and I will buy it on Wii as soon as it comes out for the extra features... check out some of the vids while you wait to get a feeling for the game...

I didn't know about the better graphics... But if you really can't wait, here's the main difference: the Gamecube version has slightly better graphics; the PS2 version has some extra features (quite worth it) once you beat the game. 

Built

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Built
Member since 2003 • 794 Posts

get it for gamecube... da controls are very unique and take about half hour or so to get used to..
most of my friends enjoyed playing dis game on da gamecube rather dan da ps2.
u can always rent it for da latter and choose which one u like best, ps2 or gc.

dont get ur hopes too high for da wii, dey might screw up da motion sensing again for action/adventure games again...
for example da prince of persia rival swords.
da only thing motion sensing is used for is turning da camera, its not bad but its starts to get annoying.

jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
Get the Wii version when it comes out, it will have all the extra things that the PS2 version has, and with the motion sensing controlers it´s gonna be way cooler.
jakeevil4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jakeevil4
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I love RE4 it was my best game but they are releaseing RE4 for wii:).
dirktu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#13 dirktu
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts

Regarding the difficulty level for someone new to RE4: you'll probably have some problems with the first environment(s) in the game (i.e. the village). Just don't give up (and don't start the millionth GS topic: 'help, I'm stuck' :P), you'll have to see it as some kind of tutorial. If you've completed the village part, you've basically mastered the controls and general gameplay-feel. 

Avatar image for barney_calhoun_
barney_calhoun_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 barney_calhoun_
Member since 2006 • 3887 Posts

I only have it on ps2, but buy it on GC, better graphics and better controls.

Are you serious?

half hour to get used to?

No way, i got used to them in 5 minutes ps2, in gamecube even n shorter time, pc version has really complicated controls

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
The gamecube version is much better than the ps2 version, if you have to pick. Besides the gamecube's superior graphics and controls, the ps2 version's difficulty was toned down, since less enemies can appear on screen, for example.
MuffinsKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MuffinsKill
Member since 2007 • 637 Posts

its better for the GC especially if u got a wii

buttface1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 buttface1
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

I personally think you should pick up the other RE's just to get the full story. RE4 was definantly a great game but I'm a fan of the original RE the one on the PS and the remake.

sumo1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sumo1973
Member since 2005 • 1195 Posts

I've got both the Gamecube and PS2 versions of RE4. I've also seen the PC version but you really need a decent PC game pad in order to play it but you can customise some features (patches/skins...) which you can't do in console versions.

Since you have a Wii, I would wait a short while until the Wii version comes out. Why? Because it has all the extras that the PS2 version has plus if you don't want to use the motion controls I've heard that you can just plug in a standard Gamecube controller and use that instead.

Sure the Gamecube version is great and it's the version I played 2 years ago but since the Wii version has a little extra and should be released at a cheaper than standard price I hate to say this in a Gamecube forum but get the Wii edition.

Â