The most rare/expensive games on the gamecube

#1 Posted by hillelslovak (9211 posts) -
Hi, I am looking to collect all the rare and super expensive gamecube games I can. I dont need games that are brand new and expensive, obviously. Im talking about the game that you could only find on amazon, and are really expensive to buy.
#2 Posted by iam_suede (350 posts) -
ikaruga - u have to spend at least 60 to get a copy
#3 Posted by Toribor (3255 posts) -
It may be worth getting Zelda, collectors edition. It came free if you pre-ordered Windwaker, but it sells for anywhere between 40 and 60 dollars on eBay.
#4 Posted by sand_man4192 (465 posts) -
Skies of Arcadia Legends.
#5 Posted by viewtiful26 (2842 posts) -
It may be worth getting Zelda, collectors edition. It came free if you pre-ordered Windwaker, but it sells for anywhere between 40 and 60 dollars on eBay.
Toribor
That was Master Quest, there's a difference.
#6 Posted by sand_man4192 (465 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toribor"]It may be worth getting Zelda, collectors edition. It came free if you pre-ordered Windwaker, but it sells for anywhere between 40 and 60 dollars on eBay.
viewtiful26

The Collector's Edition came with certain Gamecubes for a short period, didn't it?
#7 Posted by nintendomaruigi (496 posts) -
^ I'm about 90% shure
#8 Posted by GoldenSilence87 (1047 posts) -
Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast...minimum of $45, for most places.
#9 Posted by dizzykim (721 posts) -

[QUOTE="viewtiful26"][QUOTE="Toribor"]It may be worth getting Zelda, collectors edition. It came free if you pre-ordered Windwaker, but it sells for anywhere between 40 and 60 dollars on eBay.
sand_man4192

The Collector's Edition came with certain Gamecubes for a short period, didn't it?

Yes, but you can purchase it separately at EB/Gamestop (which has a decent amount of them last time I checked).

#10 Posted by HappyInvader101 (3791 posts) -
Ikagaru and Cubivore
#11 Posted by Killermonkey97 (1982 posts) -
ikaruga - u have to spend at least 60 to get a copyiam_suede
Seriously, I can't find Ikaruga anywhere in stores (I could find the other stuff for 20-50 dollars). I'd say Ikaruga is one of the most rare games on the Gamecube, or at least one of them...
#12 Posted by metroidprime_1 (4768 posts) -
[QUOTE="iam_suede"]ikaruga - u have to spend at least 60 to get a copyKillermonkey97
Seriously, I can't find Ikaruga anywhere in stores (I could find the other stuff for 20-50 dollars). I'd say Ikaruga is one of the most rare games on the Gamecube, or at least one of them...

Yup ur right that games is pretty good too and hard to find.
#13 Posted by damariofan (564 posts) -
burnout 2: point of impact
#14 Posted by iam_suede (350 posts) -
[QUOTE="iam_suede"]ikaruga - u have to spend at least 60 to get a copyKillermonkey97

i could only see copies on ebay :p
#15 Posted by AbstractTerror (1212 posts) -
The most expensive is probobly Ikaruga or Legend of Zelda : Collector's Edition. The rarest, however, is Pokemon Box (which really isn't a game at all); the only place you will ever see it is on eBay.
#16 Posted by SEr_803 (136 posts) -
pso
#17 Posted by puffinpower91 (52 posts) -
Zelda: Collector's Edition used to cost $60 at most places and was fairly rare, but the price has gone down. It's pretty much average now... Great game though :D
#18 Posted by orangeillini14 (10608 posts) -
Beyond Good and Evil?
#19 Posted by vcelloho (83 posts) -
DDR Mario Mix goes for double its original Price ($50) on Ebay.
#20 Posted by diangelogrey (932 posts) -
On ebay.com.au the PAL format of Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes is selling for up to $145 AUD ($113 USD). It is very very rare in Australia.

How's that for insanity/stupidity

I still get angry when I think about the money Nintendo is losing in Australia due to the fact they stop making/selling games here.  Just think if they kept selling these games new all that money would go into there pockets instead of greedy ebayer's

Oh well..
#21 Posted by monkey2go (3760 posts) -
ikaruga - u have to spend at least 60 to get a copyiam_suede
yeah its around there on ebay
#22 Posted by Killpill (296 posts) -

Digimon Rumble Arena 2?

Gotcha Force?

#23 Posted by ice_radon (70341 posts) -
Ikaruga.
#24 Posted by joltmajor (51 posts) -
mario tennis?
#25 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27829 posts) -
The rarest: Ikaruga Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1 and 2 Skies of Arcadia Legends Beyond Good and Evil
#26 Posted by WAJ (726 posts) -
I recently bought Ikaruga for just £14.99 in a local store! excellent buy and one of the best reasons for keeping my Dreamcast.
#27 Posted by GIJames248 (2176 posts) -
On ebay.com.au the PAL format of Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes is selling for up to $145 AUD ($113 USD). It is very very rare in Australia.

How's that for insanity/stupidity

I still get angry when I think about the money Nintendo is losing in Australia due to the fact they stop making/selling games here. Just think if they kept selling these games new all that money would go into there pockets instead of greedy ebayer's

Oh well..
diangelogrey

That's sad. I just bought for 15 bucks over here in the US.
#28 Posted by MrPoKeMoN_2005 (143 posts) -
I dunno.  I would probably have to say the Zelda bonus Disc with LoZ:OoT and Master Quest ont he same disc.  I bought mine for about 30 bucks but its way more than that.  I was just lucky.
#29 Posted by diangelogrey (932 posts) -
Yeah it really sucks.  Nintendo Australia are a joke with there releases so games litrally become rare as soon as they arrive in Australia.  The Zelda Collectors Edition (which was never free in Aus) is selling for up to $110 AUD as well.

#30 Posted by TheKungFool (5384 posts) -

I just started collecting NGC titles myself since my friend gave me his Cube once his Wii came in. Here are the games I found the hardest to get and what I payed for them.

1. Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition ($50 CDN)
  2. Ikaruga ($45 CDN)
  3. Resident Evil Code VeronicaX ($55 CDN)
  4. Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast ($50 CDN)
  5. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time MQ ($35 CDN)
  6. Resident Evil 2/3 ($75 CDN for the pair)

Now, I did mangae to find all the games I wanted, but one thing has escaped me.....The GBA player section for the base of the NGC.

#31 Posted by Built (794 posts) -

the most rare game i can think of rite now is pikmin 1 and pikmin 2...
dese games were one of da first games out for gc.. my bros mesed scratched da disc and now it wont play.. i tried gettin a new copy of both games but i couldnt find em anywhere.. if u can get a copy den hold on to it... ders only so many copies made..

#32 Posted by Gamer443 (931 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

#33 Posted by lancelot200 (61977 posts) -
Gladius
#34 Posted by sumo1973 (1193 posts) -

I had problems getting Pikmin 2, Timesplitters Future Perfect, Metal Gear Solid TS and Ikaruga but I managed to find them. I live in the UK and for Europe the amount of games released is less than North America. My heart goes out to any Nintendo fan in Australia or New Zealand. I hope that some place like Amazon can set up a branch over there because I found the UK section useful for getting cheaper games than I would in the high street shops normally.

However, the two games which are really difficult to find or super expensive for me are - Skies of Arcadia and Zelda Twilight Princess. I know people will say why didn't I pre-order or why didn't I get a Wii but I didn't realise Twilight Princess would have such a limited release here.

#35 Posted by SoulSlayer_ (3426 posts) -
The list of rare games in the USA and in the EU are very different. In EU Ikaruga is still being produced. I can easily pick up a new copy for 30 euros which is even a budget price. Skies of Arcadia used to be very rare in EU but now it's in production again. All the games the above poster mentioned I can easily get new and for cheap. Well I can't get Zelda for cheap but I can still easily find it. I personally have a hella lot of trouble finding Paper Mario 2. I always thought that game did good but I guess it didn't...
#36 Posted by Boaandli (105 posts) -

All Mario Party games.

#37 Posted by colonel_beeb (2020 posts) -

Fire Emblem

Paper Mario

Zelda TP

Metal Gear Solid

Ikaruga

DDR

In Pal territories these are rare. £60 upwards for zelda and £35 for paper mario 2nd hand. I havent seen a copy of fire emblem since its launch. DDR i saw for £15 new in GAME (insanely low considering GAME are scum sucking molluscs) and ive seen it go for £45 which is approximately $90. The only other game i could think that might be rare is the nintendo club version of zelda. It doesnt go for that much but it might do in the future. Ikaruga i bought second hand for £15 and sold to the same store for £15. What a deal! I should have kept it in retrospect though because i dont think i played it enough to fully appreciate it and i cant find it now.

EDIT: I cant find baten kaitos either. Its quite rare too.

#38 Posted by skimad432 (205 posts) -
what about f zero?
#39 Posted by joltmajor (51 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Gamer443

I got MGS:TS for $10 at gamestop...
#40 Posted by brittoss (1028 posts) -

diangelogrey

Well this might annoy you but I picked up a PAL copy of Twin Snakes off ebay in Australia for AU$50 + P&H. Every so often a stack of people sell their copies and you can pick up a cheap copy but it takes luck to do it.

#41 Posted by viewtiful26 (2842 posts) -
Maybe Eternal Darkness.
#42 Posted by darklord888 (8382 posts) -
Zelda: TP easily. I got it when it first came out for $100(Aus), played it, finished it. Waited 1 month and sold it on Ebay and got $112.50 for it because there were only very limited stocks on the GCN version in Australia. Some are selling it for even as high as $150.
#43 Posted by greenleaflink (3686 posts) -
Ikaruga zelda-masters quest, collectors twin snakes f-zero skies of arcadia eternal darkness
#44 Posted by supersonic49 (3129 posts) -

The most expensive is probobly Ikaruga or Legend of Zelda : Collector's Edition. The rarest, however, is Pokemon Box (which really isn't a game at all); the only place you will ever see it is on eBay.AbstractTerror

lol, I saw that at hastings a few weeks ago.