Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

Well, it seems like GS rolled out a new navigation bar for the website, and as far as I can tell the GC, GBA and Xbox tabs are now gone for good. Discuss.

I personally think it's good, and helps unclutter the site - the last time we had any updates on the GC page was when Twilight Princess came out.

EDIT: It in fact does appear to be permanent, so I'm changing the title. Also, if any mods felt like stickying this, that would be sort of cool, I guess.

strat505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 strat505
Member since 2006 • 1252 Posts
i think its good that they took out the tabs for the systems but left them availabe still on the forums page. since they pretty much stopped making games for the gba,xbox, and gamecube it makes sense. it was also wise for them to leave up the ps2 tab, since there are games still coming to that system.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

Yea, pretty sad. I knew something looked different, but wasn't sure what. Well, i spent a lot of good times in this forum, talking about the future of Nintendo, ect.

I wonder when they will get rid of the Cube forum now.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Funkyhamster

Yea, pretty sad. I knew something looked different, but wasn't sure what. Well, i spent a lot of good times in this forum, talking about the future of Nintendo, ect.

helium_flash

I think that they should still have room for forums for the GC, Xbox, and GBA, since a lot of people still play games for those systems - it would also help cut down on the number of "Should I get RE4?" and "Who's your favorite SSBM character" threads in the Wii boards, which would happen if they killed the GC forum entirely.

Although with RE4 Wii Edition and SSBB approaching, the Wii forums will probably have their own versions of those threads soon. :|

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

Eh, guess it's time to say goodbye GC. Though, I still play Tales of Symphonia from time to time ^_^.

Mop_it_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mop_it_up
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
We told you this would happen! I just hope it's a while before they remove the forums to go with them.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
It can't be too long before the entire GC forum is gone.
morebeer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 morebeer24
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
My kids still love the cube. I only steal it to play RE 4 when my 360 dies and gets sent in for repairs. Long live the cube!
Avatar image for Nintendogamer33
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nintendogamer33
Member since 2004 • 1285 Posts

the last time we had any updates on the GC page was when Twilight Princess came out.

Actually, there's been updates for TMNT, Meet the Robinsons, Surf's Up, and Madden 08 after the last Twilight Princess update. There will most likely be more updates in the GC section when Ratatouille and Madden 08 are released.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Funkyhamster

the last time we had any updates on the GC page was when Twilight Princess came out.

Actually, there's been updates for TMNT, Meet the Robinsons, Surf's Up, and Madden 08 after the last Twilight Princess update. There will most likely be more updates in the GC section when Ratatouille and Madden 08 are released.

Nintendogamer33

Yeah, but the coverage of Ratatuoille and Madden 08 will likely not be at all different from the PS2/Xbox coverage, since the developers probably just ported the game straight over. The amount of GS website visitors that want to read Gamecube news at this point is also (I'm guessing) low enough that the GS staff didn't think it was worth it keeping the tab up there.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
Well, the GameCube page still exists. Go ahead and bookmark it if you still care about the GameCube.
tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#13 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts

Well, the GameCube page still exists. Go ahead and bookmark it if you still care about the GameCube.LordAndrew

That´s what I gonna do for now.

Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nintendogamer33

The amount of GS website visitors that want to read Gamecube news at this point is also (I'm guessing) low enough that the GS staff didn't think it was worth it keeping the tab up there.

Maybe, but the only difference is the removal of thetab near the top of the page. Nothing major.You can still access the GC page by clicking the gc link at the bottom of the page, the GC forum is still here (and alive and well), and Gamespot will continue to provide GC news.

jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
[QUOTE="helium_flash"]

Funkyhamster

I think that they should still have room for forums for the GC, Xbox, and GBA, since a lot of people still play games for those systems - it would also help cut down on the number of "Should I get RE4?" and "Who's your favorite SSBM character" threads in the Wii boards, which would happen if they killed the GC forum entirely.

Although with RE4 Wii Edition and SSBB approaching, the Wii forums will probably have their own versions of those threads soon. :|

I think that's exacly why GS removed it.

Avatar image for thepyrethatburn
thepyrethatburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thepyrethatburn
Member since 2004 • 504 Posts
It happens. I would imagine that the Gamespot GCforum will soon be gone. Still, there is always Gamefaqs if the Gamespot forums disappear so, regardless of the future of the GS forum, there will still be a place to discuss Gamecube.
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nintendogamer33
I doubt the forum will be removed any time soon, since the GC forum is still pretty active.
Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts
i didn't even noticed they were gone
blpietsch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 blpietsch
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I agree to that. Two games are coming out for the Gamecube as we speak.
robdayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 robdayz
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts
THIS SUCKS, i use the gamecube, xbox, and ps2 tabs to see the new releases so i can mark down possible games i want to buy. HELLOOOO they haven't stopped making games for these systems YET.
AshesofMana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 AshesofMana
Member since 2005 • 77 Posts

i think its good that they took out the tabs for the systems but left them availabe still on the forums page. since they pretty much stopped making games for the gba,xbox, and gamecube it makes sense. it was also wise for them to leave up the ps2 tab, since there are games still coming to that system.strat505

i think its gay that ps2's been out since the dreamcast and they're still making games for it, but gc, gba, and xbox die first :/

------------------------------------

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nintendogamer33

They're still making games for all three of those systems. Additionally the GC and GBA are still produced, so they are not dead.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Funkyhamster

THIS SUCKS, i use the gamecube, xbox, and ps2 tabs to see the new releases so i can mark down possible games i want to buy. HELLOOOO they haven't stopped making games for these systems YET.robdayz

The only games for the GC and Xbox in the future are sports rehashes or movie tie-ins... they pretty much have stopped making games for them.

Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nintendogamer33
^That doesn't change the fact that games are still in development for the systems. And Madden 08 will probably be good.
gamecubeown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamecubeown
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts
i wish they still had the gc and gba tabs i could not find them for like a week
Nintendogamer33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nintendogamer33
The tabs are really just a convinient shortcut to access the different system sections quickly. The GC tab being removed does not mean the GC section is gone, it doesn't mean GameSpot will stop providing GC news, and it does not mean the GC's dead.