lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
I only have a wii so i have missed the great games of GC. I love horror games like RE and SH. I saw there are a lot of RE titles for GC and am asking for recommendations which of these titles should i get and where. I already have RE4. There's also a game i've heard which is Eternal Darkness that is great. Are these games still available and worth buying these days? Cant see Eternal Darkness on ebgames.com
codelyoko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 codelyoko2
Member since 2006 • 143 Posts

teets

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lordlors
huh?
Eberq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Eberq
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts
I have RE remake and Eternal Darkness, they are both good. If there is a gamestop around you they probably have one of them. I would recomend eternal darkness first because RE's controls can be frusterating. If you can find either they should probably be $10-$15.
Iorning_board

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Iorning_board
Member since 2005 • 1853 Posts

Ok so...

Must Have's are:

Remake (RE 1): A great update and the best version of the origional.

RE 0: A worthy companion of RE 1, great graphics and 2 useable characters, a must have for RE fanatics.

Eternal Darkness: A great Horror/Adv game, in a different vein to the RE series it is more mystery based. The graphics are dated but the story and overall game more than make up for it. An excelent game. 

And if you dont have them on previous consoles the ports of RE 2 & 3 are still solid games.

I havent played Code Veronica yet so I cant help you with that... anyways hope that helps...

Radiata_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Radiata_Blue
Member since 2006 • 250 Posts
REmake and Eternal Darkness are both good games. I don't think its worth picking up the other RE games on GC. RE 0 was a decent enough game but it wasn't really anything special or very exciting. The others are all just watered down PS1 ports.
Lady_Sekhmet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lady_Sekhmet
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts

I only have RE4, but I've played RE2 on the PS2, and I hate the control system...it's fustrating and annoying...it was the game that turned me off from the series, but then RE4 was highly recommended....so I got it for less than $10. I like it much better, but def need to work on my aim. LOL!

If you have PS2, I would recommend Fatal Frame series. As for GC series, I do recommend Paper Mario if things get a bit too scary. LOL! Eternal Darkness is a good game as well. 

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

The essential RE games are:

• Resident Evil (brilliant remake)
  • Resident Evil 2 (graphics look horrible now but still worth getting, first appearance of Leon and Aida)
  • Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (very underrated RE game gets to the heart of Umbrella and features the return of Wesker)
  • Resident Evil 4 (the return of Leon and Aida, Game of the year...nuff said)

everything else is just some extra stuff, these are the core.

Oh, and Eternal darkness is one of the GC's finest games, and though it borrows its framework from the RE series, its definitely its own game.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lordlors
Thanks.
Robot_Vampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Robot_Vampire
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts
If you're a fan of the series you'd love REmake, it's the first game with better graphics and some new things introduced into it. You might also want to try RE: 0 as that is a good game in it's own right and it links up some more of the RE story. However RE 2, 3 and Code Veronica X are just complete remakes so unless you never played them in the past I wouldn't recommend them.
DeadPhoenix86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 DeadPhoenix86
Member since 2003 • 2001 Posts

The essential RE games are:

• Resident Evil (brilliant remake)
  • Resident Evil 2 (graphics look horrible now but still worth getting, first appearance of Leon and Aida)
  • Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (very underrated RE game gets to the heart of Umbrella and features the return of Wesker)
  • Resident Evil 4 (the return of Leon and Aida, Game of the year...nuff said)

everything else is just some extra stuff, these are the core.

Oh, and Eternal darkness is one of the GC's finest games, and though it borrows its framework from the RE series, its definitely its own game.

AFBrat77

true RE: Code Veronica was underated but it was also released on the ps2 after the dreamcast.
but RE2 and RE3 are simple ports from the PSX but still recommended if you wanna follow the series.
*still hopes for a remake of RE 2 and RE3* xD

Built

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Built
Member since 2003 • 794 Posts
da oder RE games were aite.. but nothing special wen compared to RE4..
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts

Ok so...

Must Have's are:

Remake (RE 1): A great update and the best version of the origional.

RE 0: A worthy companion of RE 1, great graphics and 2 useable characters, a must have for RE fanatics.

Eternal Darkness: A great Horror/Adv game, in a different vein to the RE series it is more mystery based. The graphics are dated but the story and overall game more than make up for it. An excelent game.

And if you dont have them on previous consoles the ports of RE 2 & 3 are still solid games.

I havent played Code Veronica yet so I cant help you with that... anyways hope that helps...

Iorning_board

Well yeah those are pretty much all of the good horror games for the GCÂ