Airek49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Airek49
Member since 2003 • 1081 Posts

Hi folks. I am a proud owner of a Wii, but I feel like it is in a bit of a game slump right now. I know it's just a matter of time before some good games are released, but instead of sitting around with nothing to do, I figured this would be a good time to play some of the great GameCube games I might have missed out on.

I've had my eye on Fire Emblem for some time now, but never got around to playing it. I was thinking about getting it through GameFly. What are your personal opinions on the game? How did you like it? Good and bad. Tell me what you thought!

And while you're at it, possibly suggest some more GC games?

donaldo1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 donaldo1989
Member since 2005 • 6489 Posts

Just remember its a strategy game, but it is a great game and im actually a fan of the series thanks to this game. It will last you a while and has 3 difficulty options and a great tutorial mode for people new to the series.

A game that I will recommend though is super smash bros melee

sicteliko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 sicteliko
Member since 2005 • 479 Posts
How long do the (random) battles last? Cause I've always have a problem with the turn based battles in RPG's, Fire Emblem seems to be a great game, but battles of half an hour or more simply can get irritating...
Avatar image for tharealdeal20xx
tharealdeal20xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 tharealdeal20xx
Member since 2005 • 422 Posts
The game is nice but short, get Tales of symphonia, RE4, Ikaruga, Eternal Darkness... Many classics are on the cube
RoyalsBlue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 RoyalsBlue13
Member since 2005 • 44 Posts
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is a game I always mention when posting in the endless "Top Five Games for the GameCube" forums. The difficulty curve is very steady, the dialogue is pretty fleshed-out, and it's just a lot of fun. Games you really, really should get are Metroid Prime (at least the first, preferrably both) F-Zero GX, TimeSplitters 2, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Baten Kaitos (the first one, haven't played the second), Soul Calibur II, and Resident Evil 4. These games are all under $20 used, and some of them are under $10. Super Smash Bros. Melee, while a mainstay in most GameCube collections, is still $27 used, $30 new. I'm not just throwing out names of games I like, these are games that just about anybody will have fun with. So go, buy, and have fun!!
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts
Its my favorite Cube game(RE4 just slightly behind it). Its a great game and its got some great gameplay, I suggest it to just about anyone who asks for games here.
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts
It is a superb game. If you're interested at in RPGs or Turn-based Strategy Games, you won't be dissapointed in this game at all. The graphics may not be anything too special, but it's gameplay is pure genius; so with that along with a great story makes for quite an addictive and enjoyable game to play through.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
The game is great. I also recommend Super Smash Bros. Melee, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4 (if you're into the violenty stuff), and Tales of Symphonia.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Fire Emblem is a great turn-based strategy rpg game. The gameplay itself is surprisingly addictive and will keep you going, not to mention the great story. I think you should take a good look at it. Other GC games that you should check out are Beyond Good and Evil and Prince of Persia Sands of Time.
Ninten007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ninten007
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

Great stragety-based RPG. It is a nice challenge. If someone in your party/team dies, you cant bring them back, so you gotta plan out everything.

camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
The game is nice but short, get Tales of symphonia, RE4, Ikaruga, Eternal Darkness... Many classics are on the cubetharealdeal20xx
God I hated Ikaruga. So dry and boring, but my opinion.
FireEmblem24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FireEmblem24
Member since 2007 • 1097 Posts

Fire Emblem is one of my favorite game sfor the Cube. It was great in almost every way.

The turn based strategy gameplay was great, it took skills and thinking way ahead of every turn to get past each of the many levels. You also must worry about not letting any characters die, cause they would not come back. 

The sound was amazing, the music was sweeping and epic, and perfect

The graphics were pretty bad during gameplay, but the had drawn pictures during dialogue were awsome, and the too few cut scenes were amazing

It is a long game, and over 40 hours, and it can be replayed over and over again.

The story is great, with great characters, complexity, and a great ending.

GET FIRE EMBLEM!!! 

Liquid_Ice_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Liquid_Ice_007
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

It was a fun strategy game; i would get it but not if it is $20 or higher.  I bought it wen it first came out for $50... wish i had the money back :((  But hey if u find it cheap get it!

Â