ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 ffxjunky06
Member since 2006 • 8351 Posts
Not in relation to GymFox's topic. I want to ask what do you think about this announcement? How interested are you about the announcement of yet another Final Fantasy game. What are your opinions on it being online and do you think itll be another monthly charge to play? Do you think its a wise decision for Square-Enix to be making this game at this point in time? Not looking for an essay here or even for all the questions to be answered. Just interested in everyone elses opinions. I myself have mixed thoughts on it.
GymFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 GymFox
Member since 2009 • 709 Posts

I have never even tried an MMO before, so it will be interesting to at least give it a try. I am going to see how it is, but I don't know if I really can handle the "hardcore-ness" of a serious MMO. 

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
MMO = loss of life and money.
Avatar image for shadow_571-2254112256380627405
shadow_571-2254112256380627405

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 shadow_571-2254112256380627405
Member since 2008 • 2809 Posts

MMO = loss of life and money.Bioshockraptor

Amen to that!!!

fffan9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 fffan9391
Member since 2007 • 4967 Posts
MW2 = loss of life, and possibly money in the future. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ffxjunky06
MW2 = loss of life, and possibly money in the future. Just thought I'd throw that out there.fffan9391
Thanks, i've just ordered Modern Warfare 2 lol. I personally wont be buying Final Fantasy XIV due to the fact that i believe that if you buy a game then you shouldnt be asked to pay more every month just so you can play it. I really couldnt care less how amazing its going to be. I wont be putting my hands in my pockets every month. Not made of money. I know the game will attract alot of people gullible enough to continue paying for a game that they will already payd a great deal for. Just another great scheme for Square-Enix to rake in the profits. Lets hope its used to finance future Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games. Been waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 for far too long.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

It's an MMO.

I personally find them to be a waste of time, from experience of course. Though sometimes a nice MMO is good to play now and then.

Avatar image for shadow_571-2254112256380627405
shadow_571-2254112256380627405

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shadow_571-2254112256380627405
Member since 2008 • 2809 Posts

MW2 = loss of life, and possibly money in the future. Just thought I'd throw that out there.fffan9391

Amen to that as well!! (No offence Bio.)

But now I can safely say:

Persona 4 Fusion= Immense waste of Time and In-Game Money.

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

How so? There is a huge difference between an MMO and a Shooter. Regarding the money, it doesn't have a monthly or a yearly subscription cost. You, sir, fail.

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ffxjunky06

[QUOTE="fffan9391"]MW2 = loss of life, and possibly money in the future. Just thought I'd throw that out there.Bioshockraptor

How so? There is a huge difference between an MMO and a Shooter. Regarding the money, it doesn't have a monthly or a yearly subscription cost. You, sir, fail.

*kisses bios feet* Thank you mate. Defend the shooter that i just ordered. And your 100% right there. An MMO you'd have to sit and play as long as your paying for it. A game like MW2 you can play whenever you fancy a game online with no added cost from the day you purchased it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

[QUOTE="fffan9391"]MW2 = loss of life, and possibly money in the future. Just thought I'd throw that out there.Bioshockraptor

Agreed, of course the same can't be said about Activision's POSSIBLE MMO Call of Duty like thing.

fffan9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fffan9391

This what I meant by possibly money in the future. Would you still play if they charged?

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ffxjunky06
Well this is getting alittle OT. But what you said was that MW2 is a waste of money in the long run. The new CoD will be a different game entirely. So what you said was wrong. Though you were on the right track with what you said. MW2 is no money waster. The next 1 MIGHT be. I wont be getting it because of that.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
I want to give this a try. I wasn't able to play FFXI 'coz it did not come here in the Philippines, but now, I have an opportunity to try an online FF... I'm not gonna let it pass.
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ffxjunky06
I want to give this a try. I wasn't able to play FFXI 'coz it did not come here in the Philippines, but now, I have an opportunity to try an online FF... I'm not gonna let it pass.Fantasy_Gamer
It would be an experience. Even more so as a Final Fantasy fan. But i dont like the idea of a never ending Final Fantasy game. I look for the story as much as the gameplay. In all honesty, i think its a game i could get hooked on. But i'm not willing to part with my cash even to give it a try.
fffan9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fffan9391

Well this is getting alittle OT. But what you said was that MW2 is a waste of money in the long run. The new CoD will be a different game entirely. So what you said was wrong. Though you were on the right track with what you said. MW2 is no money waster. The next 1 MIGHT be. I wont be getting it because of that.ffxjunky06

Sorry for making it OT, but I was just defending FFXIV as an MMO. I own MW2, I got it at the midnight launch, I just think it's just as bad to constantly play MW2 as it is to play an MMO. 

GymFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GymFox

MMO's sound really awful... :lol:

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ffxjunky06
Well thats just like saying any time consuming game is a waste of time. I can clock hundreds of hours playing Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy XII with just leveling up and building up my characters. I haven't even clocked close to 1 hundred hours in MW(the first 1 incase anyone gets confused and calls me an idiot lol) and i have played that alot. I waste more time with offline story based games than i do with online games. MW2 is purely for fun. You can decide yourself with how much time you wish to waste on it. But theres no similarity in any way with an MMO to MW2. Thats how i see it.
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]I want to give this a try. I wasn't able to play FFXI 'coz it did not come here in the Philippines, but now, I have an opportunity to try an online FF... I'm not gonna let it pass.ffxjunky06
It would be an experience. Even more so as a Final Fantasy fan. But i dont like the idea of a never ending Final Fantasy game. I look for the story as much as the gameplay. In all honesty, i think its a game i could get hooked on. But i'm not willing to part with my cash even to give it a try.

Final Fantasy XI has a main-storyline much like Oblivion and Fallout 3. But once[and if]  you complete it there is so much other stuff to do, plus there are other major story arcs to explore. These games aren't "neverending" as much as they were before. The game worlds are almost setup like amusement parks(ex. World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online). Once you're done with one area, you move onto the next until you hit everything. Once you reach the level cap you've seen just about everything accept for a few dungeons that are used for end-game material.

You normally hear the old school MMORPG elitest arguing about the gameplay design, and how the genre is much easier to play(ex. less party vs more solo gameplay).  For me, I like the idea of streamlining the difficulty, but not the sense of exploration.

hards80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hards80
Member since 2005 • 318 Posts

must not get sucked into another mmo... must not get sucked into another mmo....

thats my thoughts...

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ffxjunky06
Ok NeoGen i'm wrong about not a story. But overall it is a neverending game. A bit like the way Dragon age is turning into with new storylines being created. A game is boring if its always continious like an MMO. Same as a movie would be boring if it never ended. Even a Final Fantasy movie.
GymFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GymFox

Ok NeoGen i'm wrong about not a story. But overall it is a neverending game. A bit like the way Dragon age is turning into with new storylines being created. A game is boring if its always continious like an MMO. Same as a movie would be boring if it never ended. Even a Final Fantasy movie.ffxjunky06

I agree with junky, I am really into the story line as much as the gameplay. I love games like DragonAge but the story line gets derailed by side quests/plots all the time... And its simply no fun to run strait through a game like that. I seem to never finish games like DragonAge or Fallout because the storyline isn't engaging enough for me. Even though in their own right they are simply fantastic games. MMO's seem to be an all inclusive experience from top to bottom. It's a great idea, but I have work and research so I simply can't handle that sort of involvement.  

Yonathin3155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Yonathin3155
Member since 2009 • 1265 Posts

Ok NeoGen i'm wrong about not a story. But overall it is a neverending game. A bit like the way Dragon age is turning into with new storylines being created. A game is boring if its always continious like an MMO. Same as a movie would be boring if it never ended. Even a Final Fantasy movie.ffxjunky06

To be fair, ALL of the FF movies are boring.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
Back to the topic... I'm so gonna try this game! :D
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NeoGen85

[QUOTE="ffxjunky06"]Ok NeoGen i'm wrong about not a story. But overall it is a neverending game. A bit like the way Dragon age is turning into with new storylines being created. A game is boring if its always continious like an MMO. Same as a movie would be boring if it never ended. Even a Final Fantasy movie.GymFox

I agree with junky, I am really into the story line as much as the gameplay. I love games like DragonAge but the story line gets derailed by side quests/plots all the time... And its simply no fun to run strait through a game like that. I seem to never finish games like DragonAge or Fallout because the storyline isn't engaging enough for me. Even though in their own right they are simply fantastic games. MMO's seem to be an all inclusive experience from top to bottom. It's a great idea, but I have work and research so I simply can't handle that sort of involvement.  

That sort of involvement? If you can finish "any" game especially an RPG in this day in age then you deserve a present. I have all 3 consoles and many games but I haven't completed a quarter of what I have. Like the title of a Mice Parade song; "And It Still Sits". I think casual gaming is the best way to go. The only game I've played consistently in the past 4 or 5 months is NHL 10 which gives me a quick fix. I plan on picking up Final Fantasy XIII! But with a part-time and full-time job with the inclusion of going to college full-time I can't handle "that sort of involvement". lol

Then again I think Fallout 3 and Oblivion are more open ended then most MMORPGs today which I find quite linear in objective.

GymFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GymFox
[QUOTE="GymFox"]

[QUOTE="ffxjunky06"]Ok NeoGen i'm wrong about not a story. But overall it is a neverending game. A bit like the way Dragon age is turning into with new storylines being created. A game is boring if its always continious like an MMO. Same as a movie would be boring if it never ended. Even a Final Fantasy movie.NeoGen85

That sort of involvement? If you can finish "any" game especially an RPG in this day in age then you deserve a present. I have all 3 consoles and many games but I haven't completed a quarter of what I have. Like the title of a Mice Parade song; "And It Still Sits". I think casual gaming is the best way to go. The only game I've played consistently in the past 4 or 5 months is NHL 10 which gives me a quick fix. I plan on picking up Final Fantasy XIII! But with a part-time and full-time job with the inclusion of going to college full-time I can't handle "that sort of involvement". lol

Then again I think Fallout 3 and Oblivion are more open ended then most MMORPGs today which I find quite linear in objective.

:lol: 

doabarrelrole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 doabarrelrole
Member since 2009 • 940 Posts
I never played final fantasy 11 but my fellow Final Fnatasy Fanatic (who is also my roomate) says that when he played it a while back it was a blast so I will probably pick it up.
Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts
I wish SE wouldn't use time and money on this "side-project" of the franchise, it might be successful but cant they al least call it something else like Final Fantasy Online, why make it one of the main series??
ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ThreeVo
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts

I for one will be playing it hands down..... Im a fan of MMOs and im a fan of final fantasy, since day one. and something seriously needs to be said..... a couple things really.

To every single idevidual here who is adamantly opposed to the thought of paying 50cents a day.. u obviously have no idea what is involved..

Games that operate online and host on a dedicated server must be upkept.. there has to be maintenece, and constant monitoring. Also.. these servers are stationed in dedicated enviorments and have to be taken care of as well. Ill go on.

Creating an mmo and releasing it is NOT the end of its development... dev teams are on a constant shift... working on new contet.. special events.. balancing, and handling player concers and complaints.. then u have the billing department for all this.. in the real world .. people are usually paid for doing there jobs.. your 2 quarters a day are what assist in funing this.. otherwise u would have micro transactions and in game advertisment like Guild wars - the only succecsfull non subscription mmo- and all immersion would be thrown out the window..

U guys need to understand that you are p[aying for a service... u cant justify opposing a subscription fee because u have spent 50 or 60 bucks on the game... with out these subscription fees.. these types of huge fast open world mmos are impossible to maintain for a long period of time. That is the cold hard truth. Those that are complaining are most likeley not mmo fans and are under the age if 18 maybee or just around that age.. and possibly cant afford it. Ask a freind at school for a quarter, then ask another freind for a quarter...give it to your mother, have her put it on her card and badaboom. If u can afford it and have your own card.. and refuse to pay it, you only selling yourself short of a most likely amazing expereince with hundreds of final fantasy fans of like mind..... 50 cents a day people... not that serious.

Its how mmos work.

GymFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GymFox

I for one will be playing it hands down..... Im a fan of MMOs and im a fan of final fantasy, since day one. and something seriously needs to be said..... a couple things really.

To every single idevidual here who is adamantly opposed to the thought of paying 50cents a day.. u obviously have no idea what is involved..

Games that operate online and host on a dedicated server must be upkept.. there has to be maintenece, and constant monitoring. Also.. these servers are stationed in dedicated enviorments and have to be taken care of as well. Ill go on.

Creating an mmo and releasing it is NOT the end of its development... dev teams are on a constant shift... working on new contet.. special events.. balancing, and handling player concers and complaints.. then u have the billing department for all this.. in the real world .. people are usually paid for doing there jobs.. your 2 quarters a day are what assist in funing this.. otherwise u would have micro transactions and in game advertisment like Guild wars - the only succecsfull non subscription mmo- and all immersion would be thrown out the window..

U guys need to understand that you are p[aying for a service... u cant justify opposing a subscription fee because u have spent 50 or 60 bucks on the game... with out these subscription fees.. these types of huge fast open world mmos are impossible to maintain for a long period of time. That is the cold hard truth. Those that are complaining are most likeley not mmo fans and are under the age if 18 maybee or just around that age.. and possibly cant afford it. Ask a freind at school for a quarter, then ask another freind for a quarter...give it to your mother, have her put it on her card and badaboom. If u can afford it and have your own card.. and refuse to pay it, you only selling yourself short of a most likely amazing expereince with hundreds of final fantasy fans of like mind..... 50 cents a day people... not that serious.

I see where you are coming from my friend. I just feel that I would rather spend money on new games then script fees for the same one. I will surely check it out though. Never know, it really might be worth it for my first MMO 8) 

Its how mmos work.

ThreeVo
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NeoGen85

My tangent:

Right now MMOs are kind of in a rut. World of Warcraft was truely the last game that did anything to really change the way we look at the genre and that was back in 2004. But the creation of that game in my opinion kind of nullified the sandbox idea of a MMORPG. And it's odd too since MMORPG should allow your imagination to run wild with endless possiblities. Even with World of Warcraft, once you reach the level cap you have 3 options. Raiding, crafting, and PvP. I've never really been a fan of raiding, crafting, or PvP in a MMORPG. Exploration has always been my thing, but by the time you reach the level cap in most of the games now you've seen about everything.

The only real sandbox game available on the market that still lives is EVE Online. Besides World of Warcraft, EVE Online is probably the most populated and stable MMORPG. It's one game world(or universe more like it) with 300,000 active subscribers existing on the same server. It's truely another world existing within our own. Everything is player runned, and the options feel so limitless! Even some of the banks are player runned! Last year they had a huge scandal in one of the largest banks in EVE Online where one player laundered millions of ISK and high-tailed it. I remember IGN and Gamespot posted the situation. A lot of people who had ISK saved in that bank lost it. Then again, theft and piracy are all apart of the game and roleplaying experience.

EVE Online was always considered to be a niched based MMORPG. It has a sc-fi theme involving ship-to-ship combat, the learning curve can be insane, and the death penalty is harsh. But for some reason EVE Online not only managed to keep a steady population of players but grow its subscription base. CCP Games gained more players by upgrading the 3D engine of the game, and took advantage of Directx10(it's absolutely beautiful).

It is a never-ending game that some of you maybe talking about. It's more open-ended then anything releasing in the past 5 years. Much like our own world you make your own story. Pretty much the "sandbox effect" in EVE Online is what I've been wanting in a MMORPG. I don't think Star Wars: The Old Republic or Final Fantasy XIV are those games; but they're games I want to try.

Literally, in EVE while you're newbing it out somewhere in the distance galaxy several wars are going on between corporations who are fighting over legit disputes. Or there's a player with a mining barrage who's being attacked by other players calling themselves pirates. There's a bounty hunter taking criminal contracts or justiful services from other corporations.There's honorable player alliances patrolling the galaxy making sure your travels are safe. People are trading, there's constant diplomacy and scams, etc, etc

Â