nickisthemost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nickisthemost
Member since 2005 • 921 Posts

I think that everyone have a differnce way of playing RPG, for me I wont level up too much because it really waste a lot of time. I will only lvl up untill the last part of the game and dungeon/place that has the highest exp.

Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#2 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts

i have my own way of playing rpg's and it depends what kind of game is it. FF for example, i always explore the entire dungeon during the first time so that if i ever have to go back there it will already be a piece of cake. Also i have my way of leveling up late in the game too, i dont power level early in the game.

BigBossRoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BigBossRoss
Member since 2005 • 288 Posts

i have my own way of playing rpg's and it depends what kind of game is it. FF for example, i always explore the entire dungeon during the first time so that if i ever have to go back there it will already be a piece of cake. Also i have my way of leveling up late in the game too, i dont power level early in the game.

Orasion_Seiz
i do the same thing as he does except i do all side quest before i beat the game and i will try to get all the best wepons
Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Headbanger88
Member since 2004 • 5023 Posts
I rush through and never stop to level up, if I level up, whatever. Only games I really had to sit down and grind levels were FFIV and Dragon Quest VIII. I like a challenge and sitting around for hours grinding out levels so you can beat the first boss is pitiful in my opinion.
-weezer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -weezer-
Member since 2006 • 1895 Posts
Eh, sometimes I feel like leveling up, and sometimes I don't. Works for me.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
Ite smart way of playing a FF depends on which FF you are talking about

FFI - consult a guide. Level up alot
FFII - repeat tasks to level up your stats
FFIII - become strong in specific jobs and level up alot
FFIV - level up alot, especially towads the end
FFV - experiment with the job system to find what works best against what bosses. Trial and error
FFVI - be sure to do everythign in the second half of the world. Spend time in the Veldt to train Gau. Work on using ESPers to gain spells
FFVII - you only really need to level up for the final boss. Experiment with materia combos
FFVIII - skip over it entirely
FFIX - Work with the skills system to make sure everyone is as strong as they can be by the final show down
FFX - make sure you have a way to cure Zombie when you fight Seymour on the mountain. Change characters for the best party to defeat enemies
FFX-2 - If you can't beat this game, just stop playing Final Fantasy
FFXI - haven't played it, but it is an MMO, so I would assume level grinding works
FFXII - level alot. Get long chains to get good loot.Keep up with spells, technics and gambits.
Crystal Chronicles - play with friends. Fight areas repeatedly to try to get as many of the upgrades as you can
Rizhall456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rizhall456
Member since 2005 • 4045 Posts
teh "smart way" to play an FF game is to play it just how you want with no regards of whether you're doing it right or not. forget all the tips above, jsut do what you feel. if yo uwant to be uber powerful, then do that. if you want to get a challenge, then do that. hence why it is called a role-playing game. you play the role, not go to other people to play the roles for you. that's what i feel
Empi3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Empi3
Member since 2005 • 4101 Posts
if you play ff you're already smart. if you can finish it at 100% you're a sage.
haggard101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 haggard101
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts
i just float through the game and only sit there and level up if im having trouble with something
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts

I used to be an individual who would rush through the story, beating the game EXTREMELY FAST....like you have no idea people...I was fast....adn it was a good challenge.....but now  I have changed...now I do every little thing in the game :D for instance I was level 50 characters with max 6000 hp before I brought the stone to Jahara n FFXII....I was in the deadlands killing shield wyrms and entering Narubis

jimbo_mog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jimbo_mog
Member since 2005 • 1171 Posts
i suppose the smartest way is to play slowly, not racing the clock.
then use a reliable game guide or walkthrough, nothing helps more then seeing whats ahead.
Gameslayer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Gameslayer3
Member since 2006 • 19915 Posts
some times i power level or some times i im under leved. On my 2nd play through i do some side quest
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#13 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts

then use a reliable game guide or walkthrough, nothing helps more then seeing whats ahead.
jimbo_mog

good point. some veterans may race on the clock at the start of the game. its good to take your time and do some explorations while you have the chance.

Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Headbanger88
Member since 2004 • 5023 Posts
jimbo_mog

Haha, I do the exact opposite. I try my best to get through the game as fast as possible without stopping to level up. Gives the game a bit of a challenge. I'd say the smart way to play is to just save often and always make sure you have a large stock of potions when it's affordable. I try not to stay below 50 potions.
CornellAdamO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 CornellAdamO
Member since 2003 • 212 Posts
I think you can pretty much play them however you want.  As for me, I never level up, but that's because I like to wander.  I can't go past an alleyway, a valley, a cave, etc... without checking it out for myself.  I always refuse to run from battles in the beginning of the game, and only do it near the end of the game for the sake of saving time.  The result is that my characters tend to attain very high levels anyway, just because I often wander into areas where I don't belong and have to fight my way out.  This happened in FFXII a lot!  I think I accidentally wandered into two optional esper battles before I was ready, but I won them anyway.  I usually end up finishing the game when my characters are above level 70. 
UnderHell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#16 UnderHell
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts
I guess My way is unique, I have a friend that loves lvling up and nothing else. What I do when I play is go further as the story goes, when I dont play, I let my friends lvl for me at one spot, he got all my chars to lvl 99 even before I hit 3/4 of the game. haha I usually 1 hit everything on my way, its kinda bad, but I cant stop him playing my saves. He loves to surprise me when I log back in, WOW lvl 70? didnt I saved last night when I was on lvl 50?
Etheralfayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Etheralfayt
Member since 2004 • 477 Posts
the way I play is level up as much andas often as I can and try to get everything in the game.. do it with all my games not jus rpgs, but FF especially if you take the time to level and get your stats abilitys up early you have alot less problems.