what is the meaning of making three FFXIII versions??

CoRiNi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 CoRiNi
Member since 2005 • 791 Posts
I see that Square-Enix is going to make three versions of Final Fantasy XIII ......the Final Fantasy XIII....Final Fantasy versus XIII....and Final Fantasy XIII Agito.....what do you think is the meaning behind that...???
Axe_336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Axe_336
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts
They feel they can tell a better story over three games.  Final Fantasy XIII is actually the Nova Fabula Crystalis "mythology" as it were.  They're creating a world (And by world I don't just mean a planet) and then a series of games that take place within that world.  Obviously there's the financial aspect of making money off of them, but it also costs them a lot of money to make them so....  But yeah, also people tend to want expansions on a given story in the end anyway so I guess they're just hedging their bets and releasing the extra games at the same time rather than waiting a year (or 9) to come out with some extension stuff.
lordgodalming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#3 lordgodalming
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts
Unless I'm behind on the times, the three planned games are categorized as follows:

Final Fantasy XIII: regular numbered FF game with new characters (one of the leads a butt-kicking lady possibly named "Lightning") and a new, more action-oriented battle system

Final Fantasy XIII VS: action RPG somewhat like Kingdom Hearts in the same universe as FFXIII, but with different characters--I'm guessing we will hear about but never see the VS characters at some point in FFXIII

Final Fantasy XIII Agito: ????  All I know about this one is that it is being made to be played on Japan's ultra-advanced cell phones, something like FFVII: Before Crisis

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, anybody.  Especially about that last one, which, to be honest, sounds totally stupid to me.
CoRiNi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 CoRiNi
Member since 2005 • 791 Posts
well....we will just hope that the first two games (because they are for a joystick control console) won't get released together. or even a month or two after the first.
gilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 gilbertus
Member since 2003 • 452 Posts

There actually may be MORE FFXIII a while back im 100% sure i heard FF haeresis XIII (i think that was the name), so we dont know exactly how many more FFXIIIs well get.

As for the meaning, dunno probably to make different types of gameplay adn see with wich one they stay for FFIV, or maybe to tell the story from different points of view, or simply to make lots of FFXIIIs.

Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#6 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts
Actually there is a rumor of a fourth title namely "Herecy" but SE has not confirmed it yet. As for the meaning of the 3 versions, Yoshinori Kitase (the producer) said that the crystal based mythology will be shown in design with those 3 games. Crystals will take the form of every day objects throughout the game. Im not really sure how it goes though but lets just wait for more details.
DarkLord500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 DarkLord500
Member since 2006 • 532 Posts
Well, i'll probably just go with the one.
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

Along with Final Fantasy VII, Square Enix announced that they plan to do 10 years of Final Fantasy XIII if possible. I think Final Fantasy XIII would do great with a expansive world considering the idea. Unlike FFVII, this new universe in XIII was design to be polymorphic content straight from the beginning. The idea is to create something resembling the Expanded Universe from Star Wars.

And as you know with EU, almost every single product revolving around the Star Wars movies is considered actual fact within the universe's history. Of course George Lucas created a rulebook for writers who want to expand on a galaxy far, far away so information stays consistent to other writer's material and George's own creation. You can literally find the entire story of SW expanded over different forms of media, and writing from the creation of the galaxy to Jacen Solo wa;lking the path of his grandfather(Anakin Skywalker) as a Sith apperentice in the new Legacy of the Force novel series.

Literally, if Square Enix follows the ruleset for the world of Final Fantasy XIII they could literally create individual stories without interfering with what's been done before accept for following a common mytho. Whether it be novels, multiple games, or new movies. Unlike Advent Children, a Final Fantasy XIII film could work in threaters. The Elder Scrolls does almost the exact samething except that each game exist in the same country, but each title in the series tells a different story in a another region. In fact, the only time you ever find connections to the events in past Elder Scroll games is literally finding books within the enviroment and reading the history(which is optional). You could pick up a new TES game and fully understand what's going on.

mr_bri9htside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#9 mr_bri9htside
Member since 2005 • 1948 Posts

They feel they can tell a better story over three games.  Final Fantasy XIII is actually the Nova Fabula Crystalis "mythology" as it were.  They're creating a world (And by world I don't just mean a planet) and then a series of games that take place within that world.  Obviously there's the financial aspect of making money off of them, but it also costs them a lot of money to make them so....  But yeah, also people tend to want expansions on a given story in the end anyway so I guess they're just hedging their bets and releasing the extra games at the same time rather than waiting a year (or 9) to come out with some extension stuff.Axe_336

WOW I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT!!!!!!!!! That's so smart! I'm like still, blown away. And I'm NOT being sarcastic. :P Seriously.

AoiSora603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 AoiSora603
Member since 2005 • 693 Posts

And as you know with EU, almost every single product revolving around the Star Wars movies is considered actual fact within the universe's history. Of course George Lucas created a rulebook for writers who want to expand on a galaxy far, far away so information stays consistent to other writer's material and George's own creation. You can literally find the entire story of SW expanded over different forms of media, and writing from the creation of the galaxy to Jacen Solo wa;lking the path of his grandfather(Anakin Skywalker) as a Sith apperentice in the new Legacy of the Force novel series.

NeoGen85

NOOOOO.....I haven't made it to the Legacy of the Force series yet :cry:

anywho, on topic...

I think the FFXIII project could work, if they handle it correctly.  Oh well...I can't judge too much now...gonna have to wait and see, I guess...

GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
As long as they each have compelling stories, I'm happy