What If Final Fantasy Games Were To Stop Being Made?

goodbyethumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 goodbyethumbs
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

If SE decided not to make anymore FF games how would everyone react?

Do you think SE will go a bit downhill or just replace it with something equally good and carry on?

goodbyethumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 goodbyethumbs
IMO square-enix will probably lose a lot of cash and go downhill, seeing as it's their trademark game i think it will disappoint too many fans to recover and create something better.
mgirllovescats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mgirllovescats
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts
You can't replace FF with another series of games and I bet SE will go downhill and not recover within 10 years or so. Too many fans will be crushed as an extra effect as well.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

SE will still continue to earn a lot of money with their other games, but it will loose a lot of goodwill from fans of Final Fantasy.

However, realistically speaking, no company is crazy enough to throw away the thing that makes them profitable the most.

mfouad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 mfouad
Member since 2005 • 1636 Posts
i will get crazy!!!
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
I would say "They had a good run" and go play Contra.
nackopacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nackopacko
Member since 2007 • 1022 Posts
Isn't like FF 13 the last one that will come out or have I been misled?
goodbyethumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 goodbyethumbs
i havent heard it's going to be the last game, i'd be shocked if it was, but it's definatley something i'm going to look into now :P
Shygirlfrumfl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Shygirlfrumfl
Member since 2007 • 962 Posts
Isn't like FF 13 the last one that will come out or have I been misled?nackopacko

Last time I heard the FF13 series should be the last ff game they will make.But according to Enix they still will do remakes of old ff games.But I heard this from along time ago so I could be mistaken.But if they really do stop making ff games I will have a heart attack.
goodbyethumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 goodbyethumbs

now that i think about it, it's about time SE put a stop to the FF games. They had a good run, 13 games and plenty of spin-offs. Maybe it's time SE went in a different direction?

If/When they do decide to call it a day i hope the last FF they make is a remake of VII, go out with a bang.

LongWay2Go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LongWay2Go
Member since 2008 • 362 Posts
I can't imagine that. If Rockstar stops making GTA games, I'm okay with that because it's almost the same gameplay and just some extra add-ons anyway. But if SE stops making FF games, i'll go crazy. I don't think anyone would want that. It will all go downhill. No waiting for FF games anymore. It will all be history. I don't wanna see that day, haha.
LongWay2Go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LongWay2Go
Member since 2008 • 362 Posts

But if they will end the Final Fantasy franchise, they need to have something like it in exchange. A new franchise. New elements and stuff but still stand alone games. Same formula. By same formula, I mean they need to do great with the story, gameplay, the music and everything FF attained. But new elements. No chocobos anymore, Moogles, and other things.

But personally, I don't care if it's like FF27 or something, haha. FF games are of good quality and everytime an FF game is rumored, everyone is all fired up about it. And when it releases, it always has high ratings.

goodbyethumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 goodbyethumbs
I suppose they could try and build on a TWEWY series, that game's got high ratings, its rather popular. Maybe that could be the replacement for FF? I think if SE get a game selling in equal or higher numbers to FF they may take Final Fantasy off the market to make way for the new comer. It would be a sad day, but i think the series is coming to the end of its lifespan now and they need to focus on some new games.
Popwar138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Popwar138
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts

Isn't like FF 13 the last one that will come out or have I been misled?nackopacko

If it was it would be the real FINAL Fantasy. lol :P

Shurien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 Shurien
Member since 2005 • 40 Posts

It may be posible that SE decides to stop creating more FFs.

If you think about it, it's really hard to come up with something new after almost 20 years of innovation.

It would not be a smart move though, cause the FF series give them millions every year.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 Sony_FanBoy
Member since 2006 • 2993 Posts
They were go under in at least 3 years. It's like if EA stopped making their sports games, it's not going to happen and if it did EA would also go under in at least 5 to 6 years.
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
Juse dont even joke about something like that!
idblank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 idblank
Member since 2008 • 134 Posts
I personal would love the fact if Square Enix stopped making Final Fantasy Games, they have already stuffed it with there spin-off's like X-2, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Revenant Wings, the remakes of Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, etc. In my opinion, Final Fantasy died when Squaresoft merged with "they who should not be named".
frostbourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 frostbourne
Member since 2005 • 2773 Posts
Why would anyone be suggesting that or even thinking of such a thing. That would be the end of the world! :cry:
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sony_FanBoy

I personal would love the fact if Square Enix stopped making Final Fantasy Games, they have already stuffed it with there spin-off's like X-2, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Revenant Wings, the remakes of Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, etc. In my opinion, Final Fantasy died when Squaresoft merged with "they who should not be named".idblank
I'm just going to take a stab in the dark and say that you don't like Enix.

idblank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 idblank

[QUOTE="idblank"]I personal would love the fact if Square Enix stopped making Final Fantasy Games, they have already stuffed it with there spin-off's like X-2, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Revenant Wings, the remakes of Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, etc. In my opinion, Final Fantasy died when Squaresoft merged with "they who should not be named".Sony_FanBoy

There's no "stabbing in the dark" needed, you are correct.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]

[QUOTE="idblank"]I personal would love the fact if Square Enix stopped making Final Fantasy Games, they have already stuffed it with there spin-off's like X-2, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Revenant Wings, the remakes of Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, etc. In my opinion, Final Fantasy died when Squaresoft merged with "they who should not be named".idblank

I was joking, things are different since the merger of Squaresoft and Enix, but I think there going through some growing pains. I'm sure things will start getting better eventually. I'm looking forward to The Last Remenant.

Mozillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Mozillo
Member since 2007 • 398 Posts
They would go completely bankrupt and i will probably lack games to play and enjoy!
idblank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 idblank
[QUOTE="idblank"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]

[QUOTE="idblank"]I personal would love the fact if Square Enix stopped making Final Fantasy Games, they have already stuffed it with there spin-off's like X-2, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Revenant Wings, the remakes of Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, etc. In my opinion, Final Fantasy died when Squaresoft merged with "they who should not be named".Sony_FanBoy

I was joking, things are different since the merger of Squaresoft and Enix, but I think there going through some growing pains. I'm sure things will start getting better eventually. I'm looking forward to The Last Remenant.

Well hopeful eventually, I do hope they get bet but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="idblank"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]

[QUOTE="idblank"]I personal would love the fact if Square Enix stopped making Final Fantasy Games, they have already stuffed it with there spin-off's like X-2, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Revenant Wings, the remakes of Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, etc. In my opinion, Final Fantasy died when Squaresoft merged with "they who should not be named".idblank

Well don't hold your breath.....cuz it will proabably take longer than however long you could last.

idblank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 idblank
[QUOTE="idblank"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="idblank"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]

Well don't hold your breath.....cuz it will proabably take longer than however long you could last.

Yeah, I'd probably be in my grave if I held it for that long:P.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="idblank"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="idblank"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]

Yeah, I'd probably be in my grave if I held it for that long:P.

I think it might take another couple years. We are talking about 2 very influential game companies that created the 2 most popular RPG's ever trying to work together and keep up the quality of both.

frostbourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frostbourne
Member since 2005 • 2773 Posts
Have you ever wondered what will happen if the creators of Final Fantasy and the Legend of Zelda would merge for one RPG project? :P
idblank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 idblank

Have you ever wondered what will happen if the creators of Final Fantasy and the Legend of Zelda would merge for one RPG project? :P frostbourne

I think they should stay where they are now, however I can't imagine the outcome wouldn't be too bad.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sony_FanBoy
Have you ever wondered what will happen if the creators of Final Fantasy and the Legend of Zelda would merge for one RPG project? :P frostbourne
You mean if Square-Enix and Nintendo worked together......that's already happened (in a way) and Nintendo ended losing Square-Enix to Sony.
lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lo_Reaper_ol
Member since 2007 • 4953 Posts
Well, I can't say that if they stopped making FF games it would kill me, as long as I can play the old ones.
idblank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 idblank

Well, I can't say that if they stopped making FF games it would kill me, as long as I can play the old ones.lo_Reaper_ol

Dame right, the older ones were the best.

lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lo_Reaper_ol

[QUOTE="lo_Reaper_ol"]Well, I can't say that if they stopped making FF games it would kill me, as long as I can play the old ones.idblank

I just wish they'd remake some of the old ones. Well, sometimes I do. I often wonder what they would mess up in the process.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
[QUOTE="idblank"]

[QUOTE="lo_Reaper_ol"]Well, I can't say that if they stopped making FF games it would kill me, as long as I can play the old ones.lo_Reaper_ol

I just wish they'd remake some of the old ones. Well, sometimes I do. I often wonder what they would mess up in the process.

They've remade III and IV, and ported FFs I-VI multiple times...

idblank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 idblank
[QUOTE="lo_Reaper_ol"][QUOTE="idblank"]

[QUOTE="lo_Reaper_ol"]Well, I can't say that if they stopped making FF games it would kill me, as long as I can play the old ones.DJ-Lafleur

I'd kill Square Enix myself if they remade Final Fantasy VII, VIII or IX. You can't beat the original games, even the original Final Fantasy games that have been remade (I-IV) are way better then there remakes. Always remember, Enix is only remaking them because they have ran out of idea's and are only in it for profit, they don't care what goes into Final Fantasy anymore, they only care about what comes after it... ...dirty ****ing money!

lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lo_Reaper_ol
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="lo_Reaper_ol"][QUOTE="idblank"]

[QUOTE="lo_Reaper_ol"]Well, I can't say that if they stopped making FF games it would kill me, as long as I can play the old ones.idblank

I'd kill Square Enix myself if they remade Final Fantasy VII, VIII or IX. You can't beat the original games, even the original Final Fantasy games that have been remade (I-IV) are way better then there remakes. Always remember, Enix is only remaking them because they have ran out of idea's and are only in it for profit, they don't care what goes into Final Fantasy anymore, they only care about what comes after it... ...dirty ****ing money!

I don't exactly agree with you. Even though they are doing it for the money, (who wouldn't) I think they are bringing the good stories they came up with on new systems for kids that wasn't around when the SNES was new. When's the last time you saw a new SNES for sale? Also, the black bottom disks of VII-IX spawns problems after one scratch. So, I hope they remake them.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
[QUOTE="idblank"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="lo_Reaper_ol"][QUOTE="idblank"]

[QUOTE="lo_Reaper_ol"]Well, I can't say that if they stopped making FF games it would kill me, as long as I can play the old ones.lo_Reaper_ol

I don't exactly agree with you. Even though they are doing it for the money, (who wouldn't) I think they are bringing the good stories they came up with on new systems for kids that wasn't around when the SNES was new. When's the last time you saw a new SNES for sale? Also, the black bottom disks of VII-IX spawns problems after one scratch. So, I hope they remake them.

PSP remakes or ports for VII-IX would be cool. portability FTW!

idblank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 idblank
[QUOTE="lo_Reaper_ol"][QUOTE="idblank"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="lo_Reaper_ol"][QUOTE="idblank"]

[QUOTE="lo_Reaper_ol"]Well, I can't say that if they stopped making FF games it would kill me, as long as I can play the old ones.DJ-Lafleur

Sorry guys but I can't agree with you, oh well I guess that's what makes us individual.

lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lo_Reaper_ol
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="lo_Reaper_ol"][QUOTE="idblank"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="lo_Reaper_ol"][QUOTE="idblank"]

Sorry guys but I can't agree with you, oh well I guess that's what makes us individual.

True.