*Rant* Don't you find it ridiculous and embarrassing that gamespot users...

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xtatic324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Xtatic324
Member since 2003 • 1340 Posts
Don't you find it ridiculous and embarrassing that gamespot users give Final Fantasy 13 such low scores, like 5.0 and 4.0? Seriously... Do you hate on a game or square enix so bad that you have to give such a meaningless review like that, only to lower the scores on this game? Its amazing what people take the time to do, to bash on this game as if it had pokemon graphics running on a ps3. Or that the story is so unbearable that it makes them cry. At the very minimum, you can say, the game is decent.. not my cup of tea.. 7.5. Even that I find laughable.. But 4.0s? give me a break..
stuie16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 stuie16
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts
i agree it a very decent game with beautiful graphics to many people on here shoot games down !
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 valereth-1
Member since 2009 • 9249 Posts

You zre ranting because other people have opinions differing fron your own. Click here There are a lot of people that share this opinion. This is, far and away, the most mixed reaction of a Final Fantasy game yet

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 magitekk
Member since 2009 • 3959 Posts
People who give it a score like that probably didn't -really- play the game. I know quite a few people between this union and the other FF union that bash on the game about many things they find are unfair or out of place, and they haven't even given the game a try. It's just a matter of people being single-minded.
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 valereth-1
It is a matter of people having different opinions. People are allowed to not like something you like, you know.
Xtatic324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xtatic324
So to give a game a 4.0 isn't single minded? As I said.. at worse, a 7.5 Theres no way in the world this game deserves a 4.0 score. That's ridiculous. That's pure hating.
fffan9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 fffan9391
Member since 2007 • 4967 Posts
People do that with every game, sometimes even with games they don't even own just because they don't like the series. It's just a fact that we have to accept.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 magitekk

It is a matter of people having different opinions. People are allowed to not like something you like, you know.valereth-1

Yes, but they're not allowed to not like it if they haven't even tried it.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 valereth-1
So to give a game a 4.0 isn't single minded? As I said.. at worse, a 7.5 Theres no way in the world this game deserves a 4.0 score. That's ridiculous. That's pure hating.Xtatic324
You know that a 7.5 is, by no means, a bad score, right? If someone thinks the game is bad, they are not going to give it a decent score such as 7.5
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 valereth-1

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]It is a matter of people having different opinions. People are allowed to not like something you like, you know.magitekk

Yes, but they're not allowed to not like it if they haven't even tried it.

I pointed to a professional review from a respected gaming site up there where the guy played it, finished it and did not like it at all. Giving the game a low score does not mean that the person, in question, did not play it
GymFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 GymFox
Member since 2009 • 709 Posts

It is a matter of people having different opinions. People are allowed to not like something you like, you know.valereth-1

wow, that's funny  

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

REMINDER: Please keep cool. Exchange of opinion is good. Laying down your arguments/discussions is good. Just don't go personal and start bashing a person just because he thinks otherwise as you. We all have different tastes and standards. What you thin k is good may be one of the worse to another.

As for me, I find FFXIII as average. Not outstanding, but I cannot say it is bad. 

dbz987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 1

#13 dbz987
Member since 2006 • 3765 Posts

FFXIII is one of the best ff games in my opinion, but I can undersatnd why people didn't like it.  The entire game is linear, it lacks exploration. The game lacks most of what an rpgs have. So some fans think FF13 is not an rpg

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 ffxjunky06
Member since 2006 • 8351 Posts
Most people gave it a terrible score because of the hype. Plus listening to other people moaning about how bad it is. I'm a Final Fantasy and RPG fan and i'm liking what i have played so far. I'll let you know what i think when i finish it in the next day or so (i'm guessing). But as for the hype and hate rubbish, i prefer to throw it aside and decide for myself. No1s opinion matters but your own when it comes to gaming. Which is why bashing and flaming is just daft. Play it, complete it and decide on your own. Makes life easier:). P.S. FG get your PS3 connected to the net mate. Don't like seeing you in the pending response section away at the bottom. Junky out.
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 valereth-1

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]It is a matter of people having different opinions. People are allowed to not like something you like, you know.GymFox

wow, that's funny  

I was conversing hte technical aspects of 2 games with you. I was talking facts, not opinions
stuie16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stuie16
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts
i like cheese :P
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fantasy_Gamer

Most people gave it a terrible score because of the hype. Plus listening to other people moaning about how bad it is. I'm a Final Fantasy and RPG fan and i'm liking what i have played so far. I'll let you know what i think when i finish it in the next day or so (i'm guessing). But as for the hype and hate rubbish, i prefer to throw it aside and decide for myself. No1s opinion matters but your own when it comes to gaming. Which is why bashing and flaming is just daft. Play it, complete it and decide on your own. Makes life easier:). P.S. FG get your PS3 connected to the net mate. Don't like seeing you in the pending response section away at the bottom. Junky out.ffxjunky06

Oh, my. I'm so sorry. I want to update my hard disc drive, and would be replacing my ISP soon. Please bear with me a little longer. I want to have you in my friends list. 

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 magitekk

Thought I'd share my opinion on FFXIII: It's a great game, but I feel it's mostly due to the graphics, all the scenery. I think about if this game was in the 16-bit era and realize that it actually wouldn't be all that good. The story itself is sort of confusing if you don't have a speck of background knowledge about the game before you play it (there's no explanation of the terms "Fal Cie" and "L'Cie" in the game, so if you don't know what those are at the start, you'll be wondering what the hell the characters are talking about) and then there is that linear aspect, which is sort of understandable, maybe because of funds, perhaps Square didn't really have the money to make more environments.

Xtatic324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xtatic324

I'm not trying to bash anyone on their well thought opinions.  Honest opinions... Mature opinions..  But I cant respect some punk kid coming into the site, hating on Final Fantasy and square enix and posting ridiculous reviews and scores.  

I'm not a fan of Modern warfare 2.. ill be honest, but Im not going to do a review of the game and say its bad and give it a 4.0.

I'll give Modern Warfare 2 a 9.0 and say its an addicting online game.  But the main story is very short, and after that has no replay value.  Its just constant online shooting which makes the game.  But I won't be disrespectful and give bad scores just to lower the overall user score to make it look bad.  You know people are doing that just to be A holes.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 valereth-1

Thought I'd share my opinion on FFXIII: It's a great game, but I feel it's mostly due to the graphics, all the scenery. I think about if this game was in the 16-bit era and realize that it actually wouldn't be all that good. The story itself is sort of confusing if you don't have a speck of background knowledge about the game before you play it (there's no explanation of the terms "Fal Cie" and "L'Cie" in the game, so if you don't know what those are at the start, you'll be wondering what the hell the characters are talking about) and then there is that linear aspect, which is sort of understandable, maybe because of funds, perhaps Square didn't really have the money to make more environments.

magitekk
Since when do pretty visuals make a game good?
SCGhost2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SCGhost2424
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts
well i just finished ff13 a few days ago and.. well i guess you can say this game landed on my 4th favorite of the series with ff12 in front of it. both stories didnt even make me giggle. but the battle system for both is really good. just wish ff13 had more AI control like ff12. i think game spot review for once was very good for the game.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 magitekk
[QUOTE="magitekk"]

valereth-1

It can make up for something bad in a game. It's sort of a sandwich approach, you cover up something bad by 'sandwiching' it between something good. In this case, the linearity (a term you love to use so much) is smooshed between the good graphics and unique storyline.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 valereth-1
[QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="magitekk"]

magitekk

It can make up for something bad in a game. It's sort of a sandwich approach, you cover up something bad by 'sandwiching' it between something good. In this case, the linearity (a term you love to use so much) is smooshed between the good graphics and unique storyline.

It cannot make a game good. The one and only thing that makes a game good is gameplay
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fantasy_Gamer
There is a reason why Video quality is part of reviews and appreciation of gamers...
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 valereth-1
Yes. There is. Good art and sharp graphics can enhance the experience. They CANNOT make a game good. Ever. At all.
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 ffxjunky06
Member since 2006 • 8351 Posts
Wow valereth-1 your kind of black and white with your opinions. You come across as aggressive when you voice it. Although your not, it seems like your bashing. Though i respect your opinions and feel your correct in certain areas, i have to agree with magitekk with the sandwich affect (nice word to describe it). Most of the time i'm looking around in the game and thinking WOW. Its a place i would love to see. Though the colours and flickering from bit to bit in scenes can result in a sore head lol. Experience:). magitekk, i get what you mean about the lack of explination with certain things. It gets alittle destracting in the game. Also some scenes i have heard the characters saying "we've already talked about that". No you haven't and i want to know. But glad to say i pick things up quickly and understand it all. FG don't sweat it mate lol. Trust me you'll be staying on my list. More welcome there than most on my list and thats saying something.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0b77ee3285a
deactivated-5e0b77ee3285a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 deactivated-5e0b77ee3285a
Member since 2009 • 195 Posts
i dont see why people are giving ff13 low scores i gave it a great score you guys should check out my review :)
Xtatic324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xtatic324

i dont see why people are giving ff13 low scores i gave it a great score you guys should check out my review :)altyendings

I know.. Its embarrassing.  Pure hating.  Besides the graphics being great it has a great battle system, which is indeed "Gameplay".  And people making it act like the story is equivalent to a Dr Seuss book. 

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fantasy_Gamer

Wow valereth-1 your kind of black and white with your opinions. You come across as aggressive when you voice it. Although your not, it seems like your bashing. Though i respect your opinions and feel your correct in certain areas, i have to agree with magitekk with the sandwich affect (nice word to describe it). Most of the time i'm looking around in the game and thinking WOW. Its a place i would love to see. Though the colours and flickering from bit to bit in scenes can result in a sore head lol. Experience:). magitekk, i get what you mean about the lack of explination with certain things. It gets alittle destracting in the game. Also some scenes i have heard the characters saying "we've already talked about that". No you haven't and i want to know. But glad to say i pick things up quickly and understand it all. FG don't sweat it mate lol. Trust me you'll be staying on my list. More welcome there than most on my list and thats saying something.ffxjunky06

I completely agree with you buddy. Maybe they could, at least, imagine, playing FFXIII with the graphics of NES Final Fantasy. XD Btw, magitekk's "sandwhich effect" is true... Taking the game in it's entirety is the way to judge a game.

Oh, I really appreciate it junky. I just can't find a shop willing to tinker with my PS3 and replace my hard disc with a bigger one without them freaking out with the risk of them bricking my system. :P

Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Abicus7
Member since 2007 • 2009 Posts
I dont really like the battle system, Characters, and the fact that NPC's never say anything worth while. other than that the game is alright.
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 valereth-1

[QUOTE="altyendings"]i dont see why people are giving ff13 low scores i gave it a great score you guys should check out my review :)Xtatic324

I know.. Its embarrassing.  Pure hating.  Besides the graphics being great it has a great battle system, which is indeed "Gameplay".  And people making it act like the story is equivalent to a Dr Seuss book. 

Opinion

Also opinion

CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts

No1s opinion matters but your own when it comes to gaming.ffxjunky06

I think this goes with any form of entertainment. Whether it's movies or music or gaming...don't let no one tell you, you shouldn't play, hear, or see something because they think it sucks. You might actually enjoy what the next person hates. It's just human nature. Let it be.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 valereth-1
I dont really like the battle system, Characters, and the fact that NPC's never say anything worth while. other than that the game is alright.Abicus7
So you pretty much do not like the game at all
Xtatic324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Xtatic324

[QUOTE="Abicus7"]I dont really like the battle system, Characters, and the fact that NPC's never say anything worth while. other than that the game is alright.valereth-1

Believe he/she said its alright..  So alright is a 4.0? 5.0?   

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 valereth-1

[QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="Abicus7"]I dont really like the battle system, Characters, and the fact that NPC's never say anything worth while. other than that the game is alright.Xtatic324

Believe he/she said its alright..  So alright is a 4.0? 5.0?   

He said the battle system, characters and NPCs aren;t to his liking. That is the gameplay and then some. That is why I said what I did. If the game isn't fun to play, it fails in the sole purpose of its existance
Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Abicus7
Well just because I dont love it doesnt mean I hate it. I find the story interesting, and I dont mind that its linear. The graphics are awesome, And I DO like some of the Characters (Lightning and Fang).
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 valereth-1
Well just because I dont love it doesnt mean I hate it. I find the story interesting, and I dont mind that its linear. The graphics are awesome, And I DO like some of the Characters (Lightning and Fang).Abicus7
I did not say hate dude
Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Abicus7

[QUOTE="Abicus7"]Well just because I dont love it doesnt mean I hate it. I find the story interesting, and I dont mind that its linear. The graphics are awesome, And I DO like some of the Characters (Lightning and Fang).valereth-1
I did not say hate dude

Hey, im on your side here dude. FF XIII was a let down to me, So much that after playing at a friends house I didnt want to buy it for myself. I may some time down the road if / when its allot cheaper.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 valereth-1
That is pretty much the boat I am in. Besides that, I still need to play Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins. They are much better games, I have no doubt
z827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#40 z827
Member since 2008 • 4731 Posts
Like many others had said , it's a matter of opinion. It is very possible that RPG-haters bought that game due to the hype and I personally know some people who are very hard to please. Also , the sudden change in gameplay may displease some retro players. Different people have different likes and dislikes and have different views so even good games may appear to be broken down trash in front of the eyes who dislikes this form of gameplay.
bgranli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#41 bgranli
Member since 2004 • 1164 Posts
FFXIII has gotten a lot of mixed reviews. The two biggest newspapers in Norway gave it 3/6 and 4/6 while one of the biggest national gaming sites gave it 9/10. Edge gave it 5/10, but IGN gave it 8.9/10. Different people, different opinions.
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 valereth-1
Reviews are slipping. There is no doubt about that. There is, most definitely, a reason for it
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 magitekk

FFXIII has gotten a lot of mixed reviews. The two biggest newspapers in Norway gave it 3/6 and 4/6 while one of the biggest national gaming sites gave it 9/10. Edge gave it 5/10, but IGN gave it 8.9/10. Different people, different opinions. bgranli

Not to mention it getting a 39/40 from Famitsu and it being the #1 rated Final Fantasy in Japan right now (over FFVII and FFX, which seem to be the most popular ones here)

You should've seen that list, FFXIII was #1 of course, FFX was #2 I believe, then FFVII, those two are believable, I guess. But then this is where it makes no sense at all. FFIV came next, followed by FFIII, then FFV, then we keep going down, and then there's FFVIII and FFVI at the bottom.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 valereth-1
FFIV, V and VI are all a hell of a lot better than VII and X
GymFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 GymFox
Member since 2009 • 709 Posts

FFIV, V and VI are all a hell of a lot better than VII and Xvalereth-1

opinion valereth-1. And please refrain from trying to "prove" your opinion with bad rhetoric. MANY MANY people hear would disagree with you . Including myself  

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Fantasy_Gamer

FFIV, V and VI are all a hell of a lot better than VII and Xvalereth-1

O

P

I

N

I

O

N

Those are in my top 3 most favorite FFs, with FF7 on top; FF10 on third. FF5 is my fourth favorite, though.

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 magitekk

Okay guys, lets just cool it now. Everyone likes different things, I guess, everything will be okay. :P

Another thing: Valreth, have you even played FFVII or FFX? I haven't played FFX, but I'll say that FFVII is indeed a good game. It's my second favorite 

Then everyone else: Have you even played FFIV, V, and VI? Most people here probably haven't. Bottom line is, lets not be so biased.

I used to think that only those who didn't give the older games a chance pissed me off, but now I realize that people who are closed-minded toward to newer ones make me mad too. Really now, why does it need to be like this?

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Fantasy_Gamer
I've played all main FFs and FFTs, at least, twice... (Except 11).
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 valereth-1

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]FFIV, V and VI are all a hell of a lot better than VII and XFantasy_Gamer

O

P

I

N

I

O

N

Those are in my top 3 most favorite FFs, with FF7 on top; FF10 on third. FF5 is my fourth favorite, though.

I hasve bee nstating that it is opinions all throughout this thread. There is no need to tell me, you know. People are griping because others don't like Final Fantasy XIII. Gripe at them. Not me.
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 valereth-1

Okay guys, lets just cool it now. Everyone likes different things, I guess, everything will be okay. :P

Another thing: Valreth, have you even played FFVII or FFX? I haven't played FFX, but I'll say that FFVII is indeed a good game. It's my second favorite 

Then everyone else: Have you even played FFIV, V, and VI? Most people here probably haven't. Bottom line is, lets not be so biased.

I used to think that only those who didn't give the older games a chance pissed me off, but now I realize that people who are closed-minded toward to newer ones make me mad too. Really now, why does it need to be like this?

magitekk

I have played and beaten FFI, II, IV, V, VI, VII, X and XII. I ahve not beaten VIII and X-2 (Because I could not bring myself to do that because of how much I disliked them) and FFIII (largely because my DS battery overcharged and I cannot get the thing to stay on for more than 30 seconds, even when plugged in).

FFVII is decent but extremely overrated. People act as if it is the beat all end all RPG. IT is far removed from that. None of the characters interested me, save Vincent, Red XIII and Zack. Some of the characters just plain annoyed me (CAit Sith and Yuffie). I did not like the quality of the sound at all. IT had a harsh edge to it that didn't need to be there on the PSone. There were games before it that had much better sound quality. It really dragged down the games musical score for me. I hated how the plot was structured. It felt more complicated than it actually was and was more confusing than it should have been simply because of poor structuring. I also hated that you could not ever actually learn abilities. IT felt like a down graded version of the magic system utilized in Final Fantasy VI to me. I have never been a fan of Nomura's character design. All of his characters look like generic anime characters to me. I think they completely lack in style, save for having a billion zippers and belts. The game was, also, graphically inconsistent. Some areas looked stellar at the time while other areas just looked aweful. The character models were grossly disproportioned as well