Skull_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Skull_Fire
Member since 2006 • 87 Posts

Im majorly confused about the numbered FF games, especially the ones we missed.

I was goin to put it down as I understood it, with some guesses, but then I just got confused again lol

Plus, why are they remaking 4 yet again? Its good, but come on... it was only released on the GBA a few years ago.

Anywho, can someone please explain the number FF games to me? I'dlike to be able to finally say it all makes sense to me and then forget all about it once and for all. :P

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

It's not that complicated, actually.

• Final Fantasy I is the same in NA and Japan.
  • Final Fantasy II was only released in Japan until FF Origins came out. It's the one with Firion and the weird level system. :P
  • Final Fantasy III was also only released in Japan, until the recent remake on Nintendo DS.
  • Final Fantasy IV is the one with Cecil. It came to North America, but since the real FF II and FF III were never released here, they decided to name it Final Fantasy II to avoid confusion. Ironically, it made it even more confusing. :P
  • Final Fantasy V was also never released outside of Japan until FF Anthology. It's the one with Bartz and Galuf.
  • Final Fantasy VI was the one with Terra and Locke. It also came to North America, but since the last FF game released there was Final Fantasy II, which is in reality Final Fantasy IV, they decided to call it Final Fantasy III.

The rest of the FF games were all released outside of Japan and had their "real" numbers.

Hope that helped :P

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts

Japan - USA

FF1 = FF1
FF2 = not released
FF3 = not released
FF4 = FF2
FF5 = not released
FF6 = FF3

every major FF from 7 onwards is numbered correctly, remakes and ports are numbered according to their originals.

GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 GoPhins123
Member since 2005 • 3655 Posts

It's not that complicated, actually.

• Final Fantasy I is the same in NA and Japan.
  • Final Fantasy II was only released in Japan until FF Origins came out. It's the one with Firion and the weird level system. :P
  • Final Fantasy III was also only released in Japan, until the recent remake on Nintendo DS.
  • Final Fantasy IV is the one with Cecil. It came to North America, but since the real FF II and FF III were never released here, they decided to name it Final Fantasy II to avoid confusion. Ironically, it made it even more confusing. :P
  • Final Fantasy V was also never released outside of Japan until FF Anthology. It's the one with Bartz and Galuf.
  • Final Fantasy VI was the one with Terra and Locke. It also came to North America, but since the last FF game released there was Final Fantasy II, which is in reality Final Fantasy IV, they decided to call it Final Fantasy III.

The rest of the FF games were all released outside of Japan and had their "real" numbers.

Hope that helped :P

NWA_31

You hit the nail on the head.

Skull_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Skull_Fire

Thank you both :)
I didnt know that FFV was only released in Anthology, and 1 and 2 being released as Origins. So when people played 5 on the playstation outside of japan it was a new experience, right?

This is now how I understand it.

Here - ***

Nintendo
FF 1 = FF 1
FF 2 = FF 4
FF 3 = FF 6

Playstation
FF Origins (1 & 2)

FF 1 = FF 1 (Origins)
FF 2 = FF 2 (Origins)
FF 4 = FF 4 (Anthology)
FF 5 = FF 5 (Anthology)
FF 6 = FF 6

FF Dawn on Souls (1 & 2) GBA

not released until DS = FF 3

4, 5, 6 now available on GBA as well, weith the proper numbers, just like the Playstation.

That's right, isnt it?

ptpattycakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ptpattycakes
Member since 2005 • 221 Posts
FF IV was released in chronicals (which came with Chrono trigger) and FFV and FFVI were both in the anthology pack for the psone.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts

Im majorly confused about the numbered FF games, especially the ones we missed.

I was goin to put it down as I understood it, with some guesses, but then I just got confused again lol

Plus, why are they remaking 4 yet again? Its good, but come on... it was only released on the GBA a few years ago.

Anywho, can someone please explain the number FF games to me? I'dlike to be able to finally say it all makes sense to me and then forget all about it once and for all. :P

Skull_Fire
They've never remade 4. Only ported it. IT is better than good.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

I didnt know that FFV was only released in Anthology, and 1 and 2 being released as Origins. So when people played 5 on the playstation outside of japan it was a new experience, right?

Here - ***

Nintendo
FF 1 = FF 1
FF 2 = FF 4
FF 3 = FF 6

Playstation
FF Origins (1 & 2)

FF 1 = FF 1 (Origins)
FF 2 = FF 2 (Origins)
FF 4 = FF 4 (Anthology)
FF 5 = FF 5 (Anthology)
FF 6 = FF 6

4, 5, 6 now available on GBA as well, weith the proper numbers, just like the Playstation.

That's right, isnt it?

Skull_Fire

That's right, but FF6 was also in FF Anthology, if I remember correctly.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fs_metal
[QUOTE="Skull_Fire"]

Here - ***

Nintendo
FF 1 = FF 1
FF 2 = FF 4
FF 3 = FF 6

Playstation
FF Origins (1 & 2)

FF 1 = FF 1 (Origins)
FF 2 = FF 2 (Origins)
FF 4 = FF 4 (Anthology)
FF 5 = FF 5 (Anthology)
FF 6 = FF 6

That's right, isnt it?

NWA_31

That's right, but FF6 was also in FF Anthology, if I remember correctly.

V and VI were Anthology. IV and CT were Chronicles
coldness6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 coldness6
Member since 2005 • 610 Posts

V and VI were Anthology. IV and CT were Chroniclesfs_metal

True,that's correct..

ptpattycakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ptpattycakes
Member since 2005 • 221 Posts
hahaha I said that like 4 posts up.
Skull_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Skull_Fire

IV and V were anthology, not 6...

IV was was actually remade, there is more in the GBA version PS1 version is harder than the SNES, or NES whatever it was on. I assume IV's difficulty on GBA is same as the Playstation.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fs_metal

IV and V were anthology, not 6...

IV was was actually remade, there is more in the GBA version PS1 version is harder than the SNES, or NES whatever it was on. I assume IV's difficulty on GBA is same as the Playstation.

Skull_Fire
No, IT was enhanced and ported. V and VI are in Anthology., I own them duyde. I know you are wrong
Skull_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Skull_Fire

Enhanced and ported.. in other words, remade. Ported is only if the game is exactly the same. THe playstation version is harder.

The first time I played IV and V was on the Playstation 1 in Final Fantasy Anthology, later I rented VI but didnt play it as much, dont know why just didnt really get that into it.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fs_metal

Enhanced and ported.. in other words, remade. Ported is only if the game is exactly the same. THe playstation version is harder.

The first time I played IV and V was on the Playstation 1 in Final Fantasy Anthology, later I rented VI but didnt play it as much, dont know why just didnt really get that into it.

Skull_Fire

No. There is a difference.You wouldn't say Windows XP w/ Service Pack 2 is a remake of XP would you? Nope. Of course not. Same thing applies here. Same thing. Better. More features. That's it. It's like saying Subsistence is a remake of MGS3

VI-=best RPG ever. Period.

Skull_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Skull_Fire

Ok, good point.

I looked up anthology to show you its IV and V. Wiki said V and VI, but I know I rented it and it was IV and V. Then I checked pages from austrlia in google and there it was. At this site http://home.iprimus.com.au/Wedge009/games/ the person says 'Anthology (IV and V)' its in the third paragraph. So they must have released it differently here in Australia.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fs_metal
Possibly. My version is V and VI
aries8269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aries8269
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts

Possibly. My version is V and VIfs_metal

Same with mine. I see where the confusion comes in. The PAL version was IV and V. The US version (NTSC) was V and VI. If you do a search here on gamespot for Final Fantasy Anthology, it will show the US release and the PAL release.

I looked up FF Chronicles on RPG gamer and it only shows a US release

This sitemight clear up some confusions about Final Fantasy Anthology.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fs_metal
I don't care enough
ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ThreeVo
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts

Ok, good point.

I looked up anthology to show you its IV and V. Wiki said V and VI, but I know I rented it and it was IV and V. Then I checked pages from austrlia in google and there it was. At this site http://home.iprimus.com.au/Wedge009/games/ the person says 'Anthology (IV and V)' its in the third paragraph. So they must have released it differently here in Australia.

Skull_Fire
nope.sry man. everywere in the world... FF ANTHOLOGY IS 5 AND 6, that is fact, ff4 and CT was in the chronicles pack, and by the by, the ff4 for ps1 (chronicles) was released at its ORIGINAL difficulty, when it was branched over to the states as ff2 (because it was the 2nd final fantasy that the american gaming audience ever saw, Square america wasent sure of its futrue success and did not want to confuse players) It was toned down severely and made easy.
ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ThreeVo
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts
And there is no debating neccesary, know ur games or simply dont post