Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
Woot, just completed FFIX!

I know, you must all be thinking, omg, it's beeen like 7 years or so! lol, yep, i started a game file when it was released, but due to some time constraints and other notable distractions i came back to it last year. And i've just completed the game last night, it was so great i made a video as a memoriam. Now i need to find some time to get on with FFX. ^^

Anyway, peace out.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

Did you get the extra-lines in the ending?

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pangster007

Did you get the extra-lines in the ending?

Fantasy_Gamer
Er...i don't think so. I don't really mind, as long as i play and enjoy the game till the end, then i'm content. ^^
cloudstrife145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#4 cloudstrife145
Member since 2006 • 1051 Posts
Well, done.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
IX is a personal favorite of mine. Fantastic story and characters
UnderHell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 UnderHell
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

I am glad you loved it, I am thinking of re-playing most of the ff games again myself, i dont know if i'll have the time, I will just take it slowly. grats

DaveGamer_05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 DaveGamer_05
Member since 2005 • 18823 Posts
I still haven't beaten it. :(
CornellAdamO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 CornellAdamO
Member since 2003 • 212 Posts
Did you have trouble with the final boss?  It took me forever, and apparently no one else had issues with it.  I believe I spent all day dying, loading the last save, and dying again.  Finally, just before sunset, I won the battle...with three of my characters unconscious...and Zidane with a whopping 73 hp left...and no mp...and the slim hope that the next hit of his sword would be the final blow.  Thankfully it was.  
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fantasy_Gamer

Did you have trouble with the final boss?  It took me forever, and apparently no one else had issues with it.  I believe I spent all day dying, loading the last save, and dying again.  Finally, just before sunset, I won the battle...with three of my characters unconscious...and Zidane with a whopping 73 hp left...and no mp...and the slim hope that the next hit of his sword would be the final blow.  Thankfully it was.  CornellAdamO

:| A very weird experience with FF's EASIEST final boss.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fs_metal
You haven't fought the final boss from X, have you?
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fantasy_Gamer
Yu Yevon is not the real final boss of FFX. It is Jecht. Yu Yevon is a mere props just like Sephy (the ordinary one) in FF7.
Headbanger88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Headbanger88
Member since 2004 • 5023 Posts

[QUOTE="CornellAdamO"]Did you have trouble with the final boss? It took me forever, and apparently no one else had issues with it. I believe I spent all day dying, loading the last save, and dying again. Finally, just before sunset, I won the battle...with three of my characters unconscious...and Zidane with a whopping 73 hp left...and no mp...and the slim hope that the next hit of his sword would be the final blow. Thankfully it was. Fantasy_Gamer

:| A very weird experience with FF's EASIEST final boss.

What level were you Fantasy Gamer, he was actually one of the hardest bosses for me to beat. Weird.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fantasy_Gamer

The first time I beat it, I my Zidane is at about level 65, Vivi at around 60, and my Garnet and Steiner at around 50... I never used the rest (before). I don't know if that's a high level, but when I first beat Necron, I can barely do more than 4000 damage except when Zidane's at Trance (Grand Lethal).

The next time I've beaten it, all my characters are at around level 50, but this time I can do 7000-9999 damamge with my characters.

The last time I've beaten it (and is in my last save memory card), all my characters are at levle 9999 and can do 9999.

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pangster007
The last boss was easy even though Zidane was the only one left standing as the flare attacks couldn't kill me off. My regeneration itself was good enough and sometimes he would miss. The other characters were pretty much useless, i spent magic and phoenix downs for them every time they died but it was more effort than it needed to be just defeat him. My levels were around the 60-70 ish.
HeartBroken13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 HeartBroken13
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

The final boss was not easy... but according to the book it was supposed to be a planet... well, i never got to him, supposedly i was supposed to be a certain rank and when i looked into the stars on the balcony before kuja's battle [trance] but i fought the boss that was the creator and destoyer of all the worlds, i guess he was like god or something, and he took me 1 - 2 years. I had put teh game down to let my mind wander from all the things that i was doing in the battle... hopefully creating another strategy and i beat it...

on to what I want to say about the whole game... this is the best game i have ever played...! ever! i pretended to be sick just to get to stay home and play it for like another 2 hours then i'd go to school saying i felt better. the story had me hooked the WHOLE way through and the characters had my attention the whole time. there was never a dull moment in that whole gme and i wish i did more in the 52 hours i spent on it. Still, nothing can beat the words,

"I want to be your canary."

This is the only game that i'll rate a 10.0!

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fantasy_Gamer

on to what I want to say about the whole game... this is the best game i have ever played...! ever! i pretended to be sick just to get to stay home and play it for like another 2 hours then i'd go to school saying i felt better. the story had me hooked the WHOLE way through and the characters had my attention the whole time. there was never a dull moment in that whole gme and i wish i did more in the 52 hours i spent on it. Still, nothing can beat the words,

HeartBroken13

Ummm... You only spent 52 hours on a game you considered the best for you? :lol: I think that's an overstatement. :P Why not play it again. Btw, you should have played the first FFs first so as to fully appreciate what FF9 has to offer.

eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 eztarg8
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
OK now you need to beat Ozma. BEWARE THE CURSE!
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fs_metal
[QUOTE="HeartBroken13"]

Fantasy_Gamer

Ummm... You only spent 52 hours on a game you considered the best for you? :lol: I think that's an overstatement. :P Why not play it again. Btw, you should have played the first FFs first so as to fully appreciate what FF9 has to offer.

This is true. FFIX is a tribute to the series, really. It wasn't even going to originally be a part of the main series. It was going to be calle Final Fantasy Gaiden
gilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#19 gilbertus
Member since 2003 • 452 Posts
FFIX was GREAT deffinetly one of my favourites! Necron took me 2 tries... i was around lvl 60ish not the easiest final boss, but deffinetly not the hardest ^^.