Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

Which carries more weight in persuading you to get a PS3?

Honestly, MGS4 is the single most inflential game for me... and will definitely cause me to buy a PS3 once the game is released.

Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jumbo120788
Member since 2004 • 14956 Posts
Its a tie for me, I love both series in a different way.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
MGS4 for me too. I love FF, but MGS4 sounds really awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if that gamebecomes Game of the Year.
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
I'll say Metal Gear Solid 4 at the moment.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#5 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts

Both, but in different ways. This is why I HAVE to have a PS3. I cannot miss these games!

Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shekb
Member since 2005 • 13506 Posts
MGS4 hands down
There's no way anything can get near MY MGS :P
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
MGS4 hands down
Shekb
Hell! Yes! MGS=best series ever
aerisISalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aerisISalive
Member since 2005 • 1155 Posts
Dang, after reading all these other posts I feel like a loser now...but I still gotta say FFXIII AND FFvXIII. I love MGS as much as the next person, but I gotta have my FF. And the trailers for both FFs look freakin awesome.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Amnesiac23
yup like I said. Love both series, but if I HAD to choose one, it would be FF. Soooo....I'm looking forward to FFXIII more
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

I don't know. The graphics of FFXIII is great, but so far, none of the trailers has really amazed me, so until then, MGS4...

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NeoGen85

I don't know. The graphics of FFXIII is great, but so far, none of the trailers has really amazed me, so until then, MGS4...

Fantasy_Gamer

I'll agree to that. I know people don't want things spoiled for them. But Square Enix rarely shows anything. And if they do you have to wait forever. The 15 minute trailer for Metal Gear Solid 4 is enough to satisfy anyone I think. New trailers for FFXIII are way over due! Honestly with the world's current state with foreign policies, military contractors, and the Middle East I can't help but be interested in Metal Gear Solid 4. Simply brilliant that Hideo wrapped the series up in all that mess. The average US soldier makes less then $35K a year but a individual in a PMC can make more then enough yearly or even in a month.

aerisISalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 aerisISalive
[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

NeoGen85

I'll agree to that. I know people don't want things spoiled for them. But Square Enix rarely shows anything. And if they do you have to wait forever. The 15 minute trailer for Metal Gear Solid 4 is enough to satisfy anyone I think. New trailers for FFXIII are way over due! Honestly with the world's current state with foreign policies, military contractors, and the Middle East I can't help but be interested in Metal Gear Solid 4. Simply brilliant that Hideo wrapped the series up in all that mess. The average US soldier makes less then $35K a year but a individual in a PMC can make more then enough yearly or even in a month.

Dont get me wrong, I think the MGS4 trailer looks frickin amazing and I cant wait for it. But that Final Fantasy name just draws me in. Lightning looks sooo cool. She's my desktop background right now :p. The dude in vXIII looks cool too. The trailer reminded me of Akira (mainly because of the chair lol), and it's a Kingdom Hearts battle system with a Final Fantasy story. Could it get any better?
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NeoGen85
[QUOTE="NeoGen85"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

aerisISalive

Dont get me wrong, I think the MGS4 trailer looks frickin amazing and I cant wait for it. But that Final Fantasy name just draws me in. Lightning looks sooo cool. She's my desktop background right now :p. The dude in vXIII looks cool too. The trailer reminded me of Akira (mainly because of the chair lol), and it's a Kingdom Hearts battle system with a Final Fantasy story. Could it get any better?

Yes. Final Fantasy with a God of War combat system: simple and fun. Hehe, but I guess Kingdom Hearts is good too. Final Fantasy XIII is interesting as well.

aerisISalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aerisISalive
[QUOTE="aerisISalive"][QUOTE="NeoGen85"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

NeoGen85

Yes. Final Fantasy with a God of War combat system: simple and fun. Hehe, but I guess Kingdom Hearts is good too. Final Fantasy XIII is interesting as well.

Eh, I prefer to relate it to KH since I've never really liked GoW. I'm definitely getting a 360, but I just cant decide if I'd rather have a PS3 or a Wii.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fs_metal
[QUOTE="NeoGen85"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

aerisISalive

By using a GOOD action battly system instead of the button mashy one from Kingdom Hearts, it could be much much better.

Also, if it wasn't set in a Phantasy Star esque world and was, instead, set in a Final Fantasy esque world

It it didn't use Tetsuya Nomura's tired out and repetitive art that lacks it's own style, it could be better

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fs_metal
[QUOTE="aerisISalive"][QUOTE="NeoGen85"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

NeoGen85

Hell. Yes. GOW kicks serious ass. It would also be better if it had a DMC like battle system
aerisISalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aerisISalive
That would be soo cool if there was a FF that used only Yoshitaka Amano's art as it's basis and just brought that to life, kinda like Okami's graphics.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NWA_31

That would be soo cool if there was a FF that used only Yoshitaka Amano's art as it's basis and just brought that to life, kinda like Okami's graphics.aerisISalive

That's a great idea...

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Amnesiac23

[QUOTE="aerisISalive"]That would be soo cool if there was a FF that used only Yoshitaka Amano's art as it's basis and just brought that to life, kinda like Okami's graphics.NWA_31

That's a great idea...

that's an AWESOME idea. I love his drawings :P

aerisISalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 aerisISalive
[QUOTE="NWA_31"]

[QUOTE="aerisISalive"]That would be soo cool if there was a FF that used only Yoshitaka Amano's art as it's basis and just brought that to life, kinda like Okami's graphics.Amnesiac23

That's a great idea...

that's an AWESOME idea. I love his drawings :P

hehe yeah, that is a great idea. I guess they kinda did it with Dissidia with the Warrior of Light seeing as he was only shown in Amano's art so that's all they really had to go by.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fs_metal
That would be soo cool if there was a FF that used only Yoshitaka Amano's art as it's basis and just brought that to life, kinda like Okami's graphics.aerisISalive
Amano is better than Nomura in every single way
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Amnesiac23
I agree. Amano is genuis. :P
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fs_metal

I love most of hte characters he created as well

I want some creature design from HR Giger, but that is probably a little too dark for FF :P

I WANT MORE SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NWA_31

I love most of hte characters he created as well

I want some creature design from HR Giger, but that is probably a little too dark for FF :P

I WANT MORE SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fs_metal

Same here. Shadow of The Colossus was one of the best games Ive ever played...

ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ThreeVo
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts

[QUOTE="Shekb"]MGS4 hands down
fs_metal

Sure is

This is easy to say mgs4, ff13 dispite being a ff game doesnt have a history like mgs does.. and any one who is any one whos every played mgs knows what im talking about... the epic cinematic story told by hideo kojima. There is not a single game to this date that has been able to present itself cinematicaly like mgs has sinse mgs1 for psx. The story is SO damn powerful it will defenetly touchmost of us who have fallowed the seriesfor more than just the action and espionage (unlike a lot ofdouche bags.."Ya! mgs is awsome dude.. u canknock out people and put them in lockers and @#$%. or break there neck!"). I can only imagine the ending of mgs4 if its truly the end of theseries.All the questions will be answered.

Its like i said, ff games are nice but u cant put them in front of a game that has had u embarked and captivated with a solid story for 9 years.....

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NeoGen85

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Shekb"]MGS4 hands down
ThreeVo

Sure is

This is easy to say mgs4, ff13 dispite being a ff game doesnt have a history like mgs does.. and any one who is any one whos every played mgs knows what im talking about... the epic cinematic story told by hideo kojima. There is not a single game to this date that has been able to present itself cinematicaly like mgs has sinse mgs1 for psx. The story is SO damn powerful it will defenetly touchmost of us who have fallowed the seriesfor more than just the action and espionage (unlike a lot ofdouche bags.."Ya! mgs is awsome dude.. u canknock out people and put them in lockers and @#$%. or break there neck!"). I can only imagine the ending of mgs4 if its truly the end of theseries.All the questions will be answered.

Its like i said, ff games are nice but u cant put them in front of a game that has had u embarked and captivated with a solid story for 9 years.....

We go from a "Manhattan incident" in MGS2 which released about 2 or 3 months after 9/11. And now we're heading to the Middle East in MGS4. It's still a Metal Gear Solid storyline taking somecore elements from the original Metal Gear in terms of the connection between Big Boss's ideology and this new mother company called Outer Heaven(which originally is the name of Big Boss's fortified state). But also how terrorism has becomea excuse to ease the restriction of military intervention in foreign countries. And that's not even the half of it. Everything you see today is discussed in MGS4.

GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GoPhins123
Member since 2005 • 3655 Posts

ThreeVo

Sure is

Yeahstory of theMGS series is truly engrossing.and as Neo said the series has taken up actual issues in the world today. I want both games and both of the series' kick ass.

Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shekb
I feel kinda sad that it's gonna be the end of it all though :|
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fs_metal
I am sure there will be more games after it. Probably not in the official storyline though. Shinta Nojiri might take over the series./ HE tells a good tale
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Amnesiac23
spin-off time lol Sucks that the series has to end :(
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fs_metal
The spin offs have been good though. Metal Gear: Ghost Babel for the GBC is FANTASTIC and worth seeking out if you have not played it. Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2 are fun and unique games
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Amnesiac23

yeah, spinoffs are good generally when it comes to MGS.

Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shekb
I wonder if there were ever a bad MGS game :P
I doubt it :o
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fs_metal
I wonder if there were ever a bad MGS game :P
I doubt it :o
Shekb
Metl Gear: Snakes Revenge
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Amnesiac23

:lol: there is always one out there I guess

Carrillo721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Carrillo721
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
Its a tie for me, I love both series in a different way. Jumbo120788
Yeah me too.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fs_metal

:lol: there is always one out there I guess

Amnesiac23
It's not an official sequel. The real sequel (Metal GEar 2: Solid Snake) is a fantastic game with an excellent story and great characters
Sonic_Wolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#39 Sonic_Wolfe
Member since 2007 • 281 Posts

ThreeVo

Sure is

I hav to agree MGS does a very solid job of building and coalescing many small storylines into one larger, more fluid experience. MGS has brought together some of the best cinematic scenes, acting and characters we hav ever seen. Although FFXIII, like all other FFs will hav its own individual charm, I personally believe to compare FF to MGS is like asking which is better......an apple or a carrot....they are just so different.

l3erserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 l3erserker
Member since 2006 • 468 Posts

Which carries more weight in persuading you to get a PS3?

Fantasy_Gamer

This is such a hard question. I am going to saythat both weigh equally for me having a PS3.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fs_metal
Why did we bump a thread from June?
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Why did we bump a thread from June?fs_metal

The world may never know...

MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MiracleMir
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

I gotta say MGS.

ptpattycakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 ptpattycakes
Member since 2005 • 221 Posts
Well I bought my Ps3 like 6 months ago so that I could get both of them!!
VanCraSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 VanCraSh
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i think ffXIII & ffvXIII because ff's, as rpg's, gives more freedom and play time.... I have played almsot every ff for around 80-100 hours each one, and finished like 6 times the ones i like the most (ff7, 8, 10 and 5.... a MGS is a awesome game, and i've cried finishing them.... but i have never played one for more than 50, or finished it more than 3 times... it's about how much good time can the game give to you.... a ff last much longer in my case (i still play blitzball with ff10 often, after like 7 years... lol)
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 fs_metal
I have lost count of how many times i have finished MGS1. Geez. More than 20
Silicon_Noob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Silicon_Noob
Member since 2006 • 521 Posts
Both games really played a key role in persuading me to buy the system. That said I primarily bought it (in March) with ff xiii in mind, however at the moment I am more excited about mgs4 cuz the release date looks more solid so the end iswithin sight, while ff xiii's release date looks vague and I expect that just as we begin to draw close to the finishline SE will extend it by 6-12 months. Also MGS has always maintained high standards while FF has begun slumming recently (DoC, AC and FF xii were all extremely dissapointing).
Platin_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Platin_ghost
Member since 2006 • 620 Posts
MGS is awesome, but FF.... It's FF....
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fs_metal
MGS is awesome, but FF.... It's FF....Platin_ghost
Which is inferiour to the pure awesome of MEtal Gear
cloudstrife145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#50 cloudstrife145
Member since 2006 • 1051 Posts
sure im looking forward to FFXIII and MGS4.....but I have to say, i'm focused more on GTAIV! Go Rockstar gamez!