Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

Maybe you have already heard about the plan of Square to remake Final Fantasy VI after FF4 and FF5.

We all agree that FF6 is grea, but when it is remade and transformed into 3D, the experience will definitely change, especially the gameplay. Are you willing to take the risk (assuming you have the power to decided whether a remake will be pushed through or not) to ruin the known greatness of FF6 in order to experience a 3D version of it?

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts

ff vi is one of my favorites i will love to see a remake of it, i will buy a ds just for it.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
i hate remakes im totally against them. however i like ports, but changing something as dramatic as 2d to 3d is a disaster waiting to happen
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts

ff vi is one of my favorites i will love to see a remake of it, i will buy a ds just for it.

EmperorZeruel
I agree wit hthis except for hte part about buying a DS. I already own a DS
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fantasy_Gamer
I'm very open for remakes, but when it comes to FF6... I'm just not sure. I hope everything will remain as good as the 2D version.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
As long as the story, music,and the gameplay are intact, I don't think it'd be too bad at all, considering that is what made FFVI so great to me.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
I don't know, the 3D style of the DS remakes would seem like a step back from the amazing sprites of the original. I'd rather see a revamp on the PSP as they did with the anniversary editions (I own both a DS and a PSP, so there's no preference there).
cloudman891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 cloudman891
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

i hate remakes im totally against them. however i like ports, but changing something as dramatic as 2d to 3d is a disaster waiting to happenjohngebreadman

I have to agree with you on that one

MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MiracleMir
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts
I think the PSP would be a better handheld for a 3D version of FF6, but i dont think theyd be able cus FF6 was on Super Nintendo.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fs_metal
FFIII on hte DS turned out well
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DJ-Lafleur

FFIII on hte DS turned out wellfs_metal

it was a good game. It would be interesting to see the characters of VIdone in 3-D, too.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fantasy_Gamer

FFIII turned out well in 3D 'coz it is quasi-new game altogether already. It so so much better than the original FFIIIj in the NES.

I loved the experience I had in beating FFIIIj, but it nothing compared to he contents and quality of the FFIIIj remake in the DS. Even if you remove the 3D graphics of the DS remake, it is still so far superior than the original with the improved job system and the inclusion of individual personality to the characters, and iirc, there are quite some new story quests added.

As for FF6, it is already great in 2D. Many people even call it as "flawless". I'm not saying it is impossible to make it, at least, as good as it is now. I'm just a little worried. Changing the world into 3D will definitely affect the gameplay, and gameplay is one of the strongest aspect of FF6.

cloudman891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cloudman891
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

FFIII turned out well in 3D 'coz it is quasi-new game altogether already. It so so much better than the original FFIIIj in the NES.

I loved the experience I had in beating FFIIIj, but it nothing compared to he contents and quality of the FFIIIj remake in the DS. Even if you remove the 3D graphics of the DS remake, it is still so far superior than the original with the improved job system and the inclusion of individual personality to the characters, and iirc, there are quite some new story quests added.

As for FF6, it is already great in 2D. Many people even call it as "flawless". I'm not saying it is impossible to make it, at least, as good as it is now. I'm just a little worried. Changing the world into 3D will definitely affect the gameplay, and gameplay is one of the strongest aspect of FF6.

Fantasy_Gamer

I agree with you 100%

siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts
I don't like remakes very much. Ports are great cause you get to experience the game on a different system but when they completely remake the game I just don't like it as much.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

I think it's great that they are remaking the old Final Fantasies, so that the new generation of players can enjoy these masterpieces as well. I trust Square-Enix can recreate FF6 without screwing up. So far, their remakes have been great.

Even if they DID mess up, we would still have the old version, so I don't see what they have to lose.

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

I'm very open for remakes, but when it comes to FF6... I'm just not sure. I hope everything will remain as good as the 2D version.Fantasy_Gamer

I agree. If they do everything right, then I will buy it, but I just don't see that happening.I wouldn't remake it, even though I love the game.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fs_metal
Well, you're not a developer for Square, so duh :P
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
I think the DS is a perfect handheld for the old school Final Fantasy games if you're looking to expand on the market with the franchise; especially with a remake. But I always wanted to see a remake for Final Fantasy VI as a high profile game for a console, and perhaps a bigger development then any current Square title. I can dream..
Ebi_Furya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#19 Ebi_Furya
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

I'm not sure yet just how I'd feel about them redoing VI as it's such an awesome game as it is. I think I'll have a better idea of how I feel about it once we get a chance to see the changes they made to IV on the DS and if it's better or not. Chances are, if IV looses its charm after being remade in 3D, V and VI will too which is something I'd hate to see.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 johngebreadman

I think it's great that they are remaking the old Final Fantasies, so that the new generation of players can enjoy these masterpieces as well. I trust Square-Enix can recreate FF6 without screwing up. So far, their remakes have been great.

Even if they DID mess up, we would still have the old version, so I don't see what they have to lose.

NWA_31

they do have nothing to lose, but the ffvi fanboys uproar. can you imagine if SE xomletely messed up an ff7 remake? it would be uproar because fans say they love the classic better, but they wont just go play that

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="NWA_31"]

johngebreadman

they do have nothing to lose, but the ffvi fanboys uproar. can you imagine if SE xomletely messed up an ff7 remake? it would be uproar because fans say they love the classic better, but they wont just go play that

If we are talking about the HUGE FFVII fanboys here, then I don't think they would care if any VII game was great or bad. :P

but seriously, I don't think Square-Enix wouls screw up so badly that they would ruin VI for the VI fans...

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fs_metal
DoC sucks and hte hardcore FFVII fanboys defend it anyway
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

DoC sucks and hte hardcore FFVII fanboys defend it anywayfs_metal

Good point. Fanboys will never admit that a FFVII game sucked. :P

MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MiracleMir
Well let me be the first. DoC sucked and so did Advent Children. Cinamatics=A+, Story Progression, Plot, Continuation of my favorite FF game=F. If your gonna sell somethin make sure you put some efort into it (story wise).
MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MiracleMir
I had more fun seeing the charecters in KH.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Fantasy_Gamer
I am a fan of Final Fantasy VII, and I did not like the outcome of Dirge of Cerberus (except for the FMVs... thaty's ALL!). I'd rather play my Call of Duty 1.... Even if everyone else have been screaming CoD4 I won't be ashamed. I'm ashamed of Square tarnishing the name of FFVII with that game.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DJ-Lafleur
I'm a fan of VII, and, I didn't bother buying any VII spin-offs because I did not care to do so...:|
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 johngebreadman
you know what i mean, there are people out there who would bash a remake simply because its not the original. not fanboys i just couldnt remember the word (still cant)
ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ThreeVo
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts

Im against a remake of ff6 just like i was against ff4.

There is somthing about the 2d presentaion of those games taht captrues there world... while still providing a level of maturity.

I think they will loose this when they trun them 3d and give them even bigger heads.. I would have much rather seen a complete reanimated remake for the ps3, presenting ff6 in a much more darker visually characterizing fasion, but that will never happen

Furycliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Furycliff
Member since 2007 • 676 Posts

I dont think FF6 could be properly remade on DS.

DS is a fine system, but id much rather see it being remade on a more powerful system, I just dont think the DS would do it justice.

And if done right, FF6 would be amazing in 3D.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 johngebreadman

I would love a FF6 remake. I don't understand when people are against a game company making something, they dont force you to buy it, its like saying, "OMG I'm so mad this game exist. I don't have to buy it, play it, or even acknowledge it, but you know what, I hate the idea of it!"

7CloudStrife7

lol thats exactly what i meant

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DJ-Lafleur
Well, if the same story, gameplay, and music are still intact, and the game was re-modeling into 3-D, and they added plenty of bonus stuff, then a FFVI remake for the DS would be great in my eyes.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fantasy_Gamer
^ Yeah. Just think of it as a new game altogether 'coz we won't be experiencing the gameplay experience we had before. It will be a totally new experience.
Sty_ether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 Sty_ether
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I'm totally on favor for it,for sure.In this remake,they could enhance Final Fantasy VI A LOT.

They finally could add to the game the parts that were missed in the snes version because of it's memory limitation,like the story of Kefka when he was just a kid,and was an orphan.

They could add more dragons,kefka could be stronger in the final battle,more espers,they could tell show the childhood from Celes and Terra...

It would be TOTALLY AWESOME for me :P

deathknightleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deathknightleo
Member since 2006 • 274 Posts
FFVI remake would be cool. but like yea said i really don't want them to mess that one up by makeing it 2d to 3d. i loved ff6 and for them to make a remake i hope they do a dam good job on it. i am a FF7 fanboy as you want to call it also. and i say DoC sucked Advent Children was OK Voice acting in it sucked to me the japanese voices sounded badass our sounded like fruit loops. the best ff7 remake as of right now is final fantasy 7 crisis core which was badass to me. and if they do remake FF6 i hope it goes to the psp snese the grapics are better then the DS and i hate that dam 2 screen thing. i own a ds btw also i just hate the dam thing but still will buy remakes for it lol. but i hope a FF6 remake goes to psp. psp needs more love >.>
braindead_hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37 braindead_hero
Member since 2004 • 1174 Posts
i would love to see a remake as square know not to mess about too much with their winning formula
chaosmakerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 chaosmakerX
Member since 2006 • 4066 Posts
Since I enjoyed the DS remake of FFIV (very faithful to the original with some cool new elements). I think FFVI DS would be great:D (the remake of V is gonna be awesome too:P)
N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
I just hope it doesnt look like FFIII. I didnt like the visuals on that at all.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Fantasy_Gamer

I just hope it doesnt look like FFIII. I didnt like the visuals on that at all.N8A

Don't worry... Cecil and the rest of the gang have bigger heads as compared to Luneth and friends. :P

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
I don't see how making another game impacts the original game? Yes, the 3D game may not turn out as good but its not going to do any harm to the original game. More importantly is why do you have to remake every game you have every made in the ff series? I personally think its a big waist of time and money. I can see making some games but I don't understand why you have to remake every single game. The smart way to go about this would be to take a poll and see what ff games people want remade and then remake two or three of those games that recieve the highest votes which I probably already know the answer to this and it would be FFVI and FFVII. Instead of waisting your time and money making remakes of very old ff games that really don't even need to be remade because there isn't much demand and you can focus your energy on where the real demand is for a say a new chrono trigger game or secret of mana game for ps3/360. I just don't get how they are running their business. When a business isn't ran as well as what it could be then it greatly effects the potential of how much a business could make and how much more they could please their fan base.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
YES YES YES!! WE DESERVE TO SEE TERRA IN ALL HER HALF-NAKED GLORY!!!! :twisted:
Hershey07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 Hershey07
Member since 2005 • 5634 Posts
I'd rather see them make a FFVII remake. :)
Romen_Guard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Romen_Guard
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts
Thats a hard question, but i don't know things are changeing alot of old games are getting remade and if i had the power i would to just to compiet with them other then that i wouldn't touch it with 10ft poll or longer with that idea in mind.
goodbyethumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 goodbyethumbs
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
i think VI should be remade, if it's for the DS. It looks like soon enough all pre-3D FF games will be available for DS which i think would be brilliant, bringing the older games to a newer generation would be good fun. However, SE also should be trying to get more NEW Final Fantasy games out there other than XIII, and back to the well known turn-based battle system too.
Chezzanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 Chezzanator
Member since 2006 • 291 Posts
FFVI is perfect the way it is. Is doesn't need a remake of any kind. It already has been ported to the GBA, isn't that enough??
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Fantasy_Gamer

The gaming world is evolving and so are gamers. Here in the Philippines, I just noticed that most gamers (especially the younger ones) no longer play 2D games, except for 2D fighters. I remember playing Ar Tonelico (PS2), and my friends are laughing at me 'coz it looks too outdated... How much more if they see me replaying my files of FF1-FF6? They even laugh at how FF7 looks! :evil:

Anyway, whether we like it or not, we know a remake is inevitable... And I'm predicting that FF5-9 will be remade in the enxt 10 years.