Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
The 2d version is a classic. It cannot be replaced no matter how good the 3d version will be, but I am surely loking forward to this version. This will answer my long question about, "what will be the experience and how will it look like if it was made during this time and not decades ago?" The same goes for FF5 and FF6.
cloudstrife145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#2 cloudstrife145
Member since 2006 • 1051 Posts

nut rili

Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts
im not sure if i would get it already played the original and the gba remake, i don't think there would be anything different other than the 3D graphics, i have mixed reactions about it
Ebi_Furya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4 Ebi_Furya
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

I know i probably wont get it unless I find it used for $10 or something. I've played through the SNES / GBA versions so many times now, that I've seen and done it all and it would just be the same thing only in 3D.

Personally, I'm getting tired of them sucking as much money out of I - VI that they can. Do we really need 10 versions of each game? I don't want to start a huge debate here, but it's time they moved on to the PS games...

ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ThreeVo
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts

Hmmm well.. I say dont fix whats not broken. What i wonder is why they would pour so much mnoney into a ps1 remake and a gba remake just to make another one..for the ds wether it be 3d rendered or not..

My only concern is that given the upcoming games from SE and even the preveious ones that appear on the ds or any other hand held consoles, They will fail to present it in the adultlike mannar that they should.. Im thinking more on the lines of a psp quality mature versoin of the game. seeing as psp is able to capture more life like animations. Im hoping it does not turn out to be another ff3 remake..... a Little people with big heads number... FF4 should be presented in a lifelike way to truly capture the drama. and the ds imo is not able to create that.

Avatar image for hammer_of_thor_
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 hammer_of_thor_
Member since 2007 • 2260 Posts
I'm looking forward to it, there aren't many 2D games that get converted to 3D, and I've always wanted to play some.
duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts

Well, if they're going to remake it, I'd prefer that they go the way that they are with FFI & II on the PSP.  Stick with the 2D graphics but make it look nicer.  Given that they are going 3D, I also question the platform.  It seems a bit of waste to convert it to 3D, and use the weakest system out there right now.  At least put it on the PSP so we can have PS2 quality graphics in the palms of our hands, better yet give it the full treatment and put on the 360 or PS3.

Regardless of where or how, they better not mess with the gameplay.  Please don't tweak anything, just leave the gameplay as is.

ff-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ff-gamer
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts
never knew that they were remaking it so i don't care
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

Well, if they're going to remake it, I'd prefer that they go the way that they are with FFI & II on the PSP.  Stick with the 2D graphics but make it look nicer.  Given that they are going 3D, I also question the platform.  It seems a bit of waste to convert it to 3D, and use the weakest system out there right now.  At least put it on the PSP so we can have PS2 quality graphics in the palms of our hands, better yet give it the full treatment and put on the 360 or PS3.

Regardless of where or how, they better not mess with the gameplay.  Please don't tweak anything, just leave the gameplay as is.

duncanr2n

It's all about the international install base of the DS. But you know these full 3-D conversions come with new gameplay most of the time.

StillB0RED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StillB0RED
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts
I'm happy but I wish they'd remake FF6.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

I'm happy but I wish they'd remake FF6.StillB0RED

Same here :D

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AuthenticM
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts
They should remake Final Fantasy I through VI for the PSP just like the 20th Anniversary editions, and then stop completely from remaking them. How could they improve upon the 20th Anniversary editions anyway? They look perfect. They should just remake FFVII already.
Etheralfayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Etheralfayt
Member since 2004 • 477 Posts
I think its dumb they dont need to be remaking old stuff over and over agian they need to stay focused and create new properties and franchises, the only remake they even sounds any good would be FFVII for the PS3. I dont like the idea of changing FFIV which was great as it was to wat they're making it to be... seems like a waste of time and money.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NWA_31

I think its dumb they dont need to be remaking old stuff over and over agian they need to stay focused and create new properties and franchises, the only remake they even sounds any good would be FFVII for the PS3. I dont like the idea of changing FFIV which was great as it was to wat they're making it to be... seems like a waste of time and money.Etheralfayt

Actually, FFIV is Square-Enix's third remake. The other 2 being FFIII and FF I & II 20th anniversary edition. The rest were all slightly-improved ports.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
I'll probably end up buying it when it comes out. I like FF4 on the SNES and GBA, so playing it in 3-D on the DS could be pretty interesting.  So I'm happy about them remaking FF4, but at the same time, it would be pretty cool if they could focus on other Final Fantasies past 6, as well.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts

[QUOTE="Etheralfayt"]I think its dumb they dont need to be remaking old stuff over and over agian they need to stay focused and create new properties and franchises, the only remake they even sounds any good would be FFVII for the PS3. I dont like the idea of changing FFIV which was great as it was to wat they're making it to be... seems like a waste of time and money.NWA_31

Actually, FFIV is Square-Enix's third remake. The other 2 being FFIII and FF I & II 20th anniversary edition. The rest were all slightly-improved ports.

FFI and FFII are 2 games, and they are also ports
IAMSHAWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 IAMSHAWN
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts

I never played 4 on my snes because it didn't save and I dont have any sony systems so

Hell Ya i'm excited

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NWA_31
[QUOTE="NWA_31"]

[QUOTE="Etheralfayt"]I think its dumb they dont need to be remaking old stuff over and over agian they need to stay focused and create new properties and franchises, the only remake they even sounds any good would be FFVII for the PS3. I dont like the idea of changing FFIV which was great as it was to wat they're making it to be... seems like a waste of time and money.fs_metal

Actually, FFIV is Square-Enix's third remake. The other 2 being FFIII and FF I & II 20th anniversary edition. The rest were all slightly-improved ports.

Oh really ? I didn't know they were 2 games.

But no, they really are remakes.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="NWA_31"]

[QUOTE="Etheralfayt"]I think its dumb they dont need to be remaking old stuff over and over agian they need to stay focused and create new properties and franchises, the only remake they even sounds any good would be FFVII for the PS3. I dont like the idea of changing FFIV which was great as it was to wat they're making it to be... seems like a waste of time and money.NWA_31

No. They are ports
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NWA_31
[QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="NWA_31"]

[QUOTE="Etheralfayt"]I think its dumb they dont need to be remaking old stuff over and over agian they need to stay focused and create new properties and franchises, the only remake they even sounds any good would be FFVII for the PS3. I dont like the idea of changing FFIV which was great as it was to wat they're making it to be... seems like a waste of time and money.fs_metal

No. They are ports

How is it a port ? Everything is new and built from scratch and you cant find a similar version on any other system. Its a remake alright. 

Etheralfayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Etheralfayt
Member since 2004 • 477 Posts
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="NWA_31"]

No. They are ports

How is it a port ? Everything is new and built from scratch and you cant find a similar version on any other system. Its a remake alright. 

If you count the Anneversery  addition a remake then you gotta count Orgins and dawn of souls excetra remakes too. I on the other hand agree that they are updated ports.. they only have slightly better graphics and a few new things such as art gallerys and new secret dungeons the games remain much the same.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NWA_31
I agree that they are pretty much the same thing, but isn't that the point of a remake ? To recreate the game, but with updated graphics ?
ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ThreeVo
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts

Actually..... they are ports sry to say......

they simply remasterd the music and tweaked the graphics alittle on the gba versions but for the most part they are definelty not remakes..... ff 3.. thats a remake

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="NWA_31"]

No. They are ports

How is it a port ? Everything is new and built from scratch and you cant find a similar version on any other system. Its a remake alright.

No. It is hte GBA version upgraded with the CGI scenes from the PSX version added in
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I'd rather a Final Fantasy VI remake.