Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Zoomer30
Member since 2003 • 4365 Posts

I am think of the days playing Grand Prix for the PC (back a few years ago).  Really liked how you could tell from the sky where the rain was.  Really made for a technical race, espically when part of the track would be wet and part was dry.  Its like....Do I come in for wets or stay out?  Much better than NASCAR, as cool as the Papy games were, the 500 miles of right turns could put ya to sleep.

Just joined the union, looks good :)

kipi19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 kipi19
Member since 2005 • 4590 Posts

well, first off, welcome to the union old chap, i hope we'll be seeing a lot of you, and secondly, i'm sure the weather will be realistic in the game, the effects look naff bloody good to say the least.

so what your asking could be true ;)

aloushi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 aloushi87
Member since 2003 • 2515 Posts
Welcome to the union! :) Although the weather effects look awesome, I don't think that Studio Liverpool will go the extra mile and include such a high level of technique, eventough it would be awesome!
toptopgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 toptopgun
Member since 2006 • 898 Posts
well i played the 06 f1 game the other day and it was awsome. the weather is relistic aswell on that.
BlaZe_irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BlaZe_irl
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
if i recall correctly, F106 on ps2 has the same sorta weather effects.......i was doing a test with midland at sepang and the sky had black clouds and surely enough it started raining BTW welcome to the union :D theres a great bunch of guys here and im sure u'll enjoy urself :)
Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Zoomer30
Member since 2003 • 4365 Posts

The only bad thing with the F1 games for the PC (think it was Greg Hammond or something who made them) was that it seemed like sometimes youd come in for wets and within a lap it would start to clear up.  You could get perhaps 1 or 2 laps on wets before the racing line would dry too much.  Seemed kinda staged.

They did have very good effects also with the way the track would get wet and dry after the rain.  You really had to stay on the groove that was dry, hit the wet areas and its Hello Sandtrap. 

The video I saw was mind blowing (the one for F1 PS3)  Really hope it comes to the US, if not I will need to get it from overseas.

BlaZe_irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BlaZe_irl
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts

The only bad thing with the F1 games for the PC (think it was Greg Hammond or something who made them) was that it seemed like sometimes youd come in for wets and within a lap it would start to clear up.  You could get perhaps 1 or 2 laps on wets before the racing line would dry too much.  Seemed kinda staged.

They did have very good effects also with the way the track would get wet and dry after the rain.  You really had to stay on the groove that was dry, hit the wet areas and its Hello Sandtrap. 

The video I saw was mind blowing (the one for F1 PS3)  Really hope it comes to the US, if not I will need to get it from overseas.

Zoomer30

lol i think that might just be down to luck :P and i dont see any reason why Americans cant play F106.......the PS3 will be Region-free, and if F106 (or watever they are gonna call it) isnt released in US, as u say u can ship from overseas :)