.:: Official Gran Turismo 6 (Sony Computer Entertainment) Thread ::.

Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Redders1989
Member since 2006 • 13410 Posts

photo GT6_zps67906923.jpg 

CREATED BY: Sony Computer Entertainment; Polyphony Digital
AVAILABLE ON: PlayStation 3

RELEASE DATE
December 6th, 2013

FEATURES
- 71 layouts of 33 circuits
- 1,200 cars, including the Nissan Deltawing
- Goodwood Festival of Speed hill climb

----------

Gran Turismo 6 will be the sixth primary release in the Gran Turismo series, and the twelfth overall. A demo is already available, so get playing already!

What are you looking forward to most? What new features will you try out first? Let the discussion begin! 

----------

GameSpot Coverage

PS3 Trophies 

Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Rayrota
Member since 2005 • 1456 Posts
1,200 cars?
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
I hope the full game runs better than the demo, the frame rate was a bit all over the place making me feel a bit sick because it was not running smooth. The handling model feels really good, the difference between the cars works better.
sambob530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 sambob530
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

I hope the full game runs better than the demo, the frame rate was a bit all over the place making me feel a bit sick because it was not running smooth. The handling model feels really good, the difference between the cars works better.Garfield360UK

The handling model did feel fantastic, the recreation of Silverstone is great. About the frame rate, if you set the resolution to 720p on the XMB the frame rate sticks much closer to 60FPS, 1080p mode actually renders in 1080p (unlike GT5 where it ran below that) and that seems to be too much for the PS3.

kipi19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 kipi19
Member since 2005 • 4590 Posts
I thought console was meant for that sort of set-up though lol :lol:
sambob530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sambob530
You'd think that but almost every game this gen has run at 720p or below on both platforms, the exceptions being games like Rayman Origins or a couple of HD re-releases. Next gen should see true 1080p gaming become an reality.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

My biggest question about GT6 is why are they releasing it for PS3 instead of making it a PS4 launch title and undoubted system seller?

If you have a Playstation, and even a vague interest in racing - you want Gran Turismo - it just goes without saying. You make it a launch title, and a huge proportion of those that buy the console will buy a new GT game.

They totally screwed up with GT5 - not because of the quality of the game, but because they took so flaming long to release it. It should have been out at the very least within a year of launch, but instead they fiddled and faffed about with it, while Turn 10 produced Forza 2, Forza 3 a couple of years later, and had just about put the finishing touches on Forza 4 by the time they finally got round to releasing GT5.

As a game in its own right GT5 was decent, but given the amount of time it had taken and the expectations people had it could only ever fail to live up to it. Then Forza 4 came out and showed PD how to do an online side, and blew them away with it - plus you could actually drive inside ALL of the cars, and then provided monthly content updates with new cars, new challenges, club / clan competitions.

GT5 came across as a sequel to GT4, whereas Forza came out trying to be the best racing sim of this generation.

Yet in a few months GT6 will be released, and a few months later get eclipsed by the first of the next gen rivals.

sambob530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sambob530
According to Yamauchi, it's because the PS3 has a much larger install base, which is important for the company. He also said he wasn't ruling out a PS4 version further down the line. I think his logic is that GT6 is simply not impressive enough (in a purely aesthetic sense) to be on PS4, we don't know if there's going to be 700 standard cars again.
SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#9 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

According to Yamauchi, it's because the PS3 has a much larger install base, which is important for the company. He also said he wasn't ruling out a PS4 version further down the line. I think his logic is that GT6 is simply not impressive enough (in a purely aesthetic sense) to be on PS4, we don't know if there's going to be 700 standard cars again.sambob530

Yeah that's what I read - about the install base. Personally quite glad as it means I can get one of the "big 2" next racing games without buying a new console - allowing me to delay my decision on that front :D 

Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Redders1989
Member since 2006 • 13410 Posts
Release date of December 6th announced. Just time time to wrap it up in some form of paper under a tree of your choosing.
SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#11 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
This game coming to PS3 is a big part of the reason I won't be getting a new console this year :)