Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Redders1989
Member since 2006 • 13410 Posts

Formula 1 is set for a 21-race calendar next year, including the return of Mexico but no New Jersey race, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

A first draft of the 2014 provisional calendar has been distributed to teams ahead of this weekend's Italian Grand Prix.

Although the 2014 schedule needs to be approved at a meeting of the FIA's World Motor Sport Council that takes place in Croatia on September 26-28, teams are bracing themselves for F1's longest ever season.

An early version of the schedule, which has been seen by AUTOSPORT, does not include the proposed event in New Jersey that F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone had hoped to include.

However, it will feature events in Russia and Mexico, providing the circuits are ready in time.

As has been widely expected, the season will start in Australia on March 16 for the traditional double-header with Malaysia.

The Korean Grand Prix has been moved from the end of season run of flyaway events to become the fourth race of the campaign, taking place in the week after the Chinese GP.

However, the event is likely to only be made official subject to the completion of a contract with Formula One Management.

The returning Austrian GP is pencilled in for June 22, earlier than the July 6 date that it was originally scheduled for.

The new Russian GP at Sochi will become a back-to-back with Abu Dhabi, while the Mexican GP is being twinned with the USA GP at Austin.

The Spanish GP is set to take place at Barcelona, with Valencia not making it back on to the schedule, while the German GP will return to Hockenheim.

DRAFT 2014 CALENDAR
March 16 - Australia (Melbourne)
March 23 Malaysia (Sepang)
April 6 China (Shanghai)
April 13 Korea* (Korea International Circuit)
April 27 Bahrain (Sakhir)
May 11 Spain (Barcelona)
May 25 Monaco (Monaco)
June 8 Canada (Montreal)
June 22 Austria (Red Bull Ring)
July 6 Britain (Silverstone)
July 20 Germany (Hockenheim)
July 27 Hungary (Budapest)
August 24 Belgium (Spa)
September 7 Italy (Monza)
September 21 Singapore (Marina Bay)
October 5- Japan (Suzuka)
October 19 Russia* (Sochi)
October 26 Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)
November 9 Mexico* (Mexico City)
November 16 USA (Circuit of the Americas)
November 30 Brazil (Interlagos)
* (subject to confirmation of track/contract)
SOURCE: Autosport 
kipi19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 kipi19
Member since 2005 • 4590 Posts
Scrap Korea and I'm happy :)
sambob530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 sambob530
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

Scrap Korea and I'm happy :)kipi19

Really? I have quite enjoyed the Korean GPs so far, much more so than Abu Dhabi or Singapore

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

I was not aware of Mexico trying to host a Grand Prix again, is this a street track or a purpose built circuit?

I am happy, hopefully we will find a race or two added for South America/Central America and maybe South Africa or another country on the African continent can host a race and we will finally have achieved a world wide series.

kipi19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 kipi19
Member since 2005 • 4590 Posts
2010's Korean GP was good, but since it's been boring, and from GP to GP no one cleared up any of the rubbish, ugh lol