aloushi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 aloushi87
Member since 2003 • 2515 Posts

Despite leading both Championships, McLaren understand the importance of beating Ferrari next weekend at a race where the Scuderia are thought to be the favourites

The F1 circus heads to Monza next weekend with McLaren in the lead in both title races. While Lewis Hamilton has a five-point advantage over team-mate Fernando Alonso and a further ten points over Felipe Massa, McLaren are 11 points ahead of Ferrari in the Constructors' standings.

However, it's the latter who appears to have the psychological advantage. Not only is the Italian GP the Scuderia's home race, but they also head to Monza off the back of a 1-2 finish in Turkey last weekend.

McLaren, though, are ready to tackle the grand prix with all guns blazing as they try to extend the gap in the title races.

"Whilst we are arriving in Monza leading both Championships, we are more than aware they are both still very open," CEO Martin Whitmarsh said.

"There are a lot of points to be won over the next six weeks and the determination within Vodafone McLaren Mercedes to take as many as possible is massive.

"Monza is very individual in terms of characteristics and with this in mind, the test this week has enabled the successful proving process of a number of key components and we are feeling cautiously optimistic going into this race."

And after this week's four-day test at the circuit, which saw McLaren fastest on each and every day, Fernando Alonso reckons he can put last year's Italian misery behind him and claim a morale-boosting victory this coming Sunday.

"We spent time testing these on the track this week, and we had some good feedback so I feel positive going into the race," said the Spaniard.

"It is a challenge, but it is a special circuit and it is a great feeling to race here.

"Last year did not give me any good memories, but it is a track that I would really like to win at so hopefully we can make that happen in 2007."

source & pic: planet-f1

atlessky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#2 atlessky
Member since 2006 • 567 Posts
Monza is Ferrari's speciality.Hope they would take home the gold
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts
although i do like mclaren i too want ferrari to win. this will make the title race more interesting