aloushi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 aloushi87
Member since 2003 • 2515 Posts

Lewis Hamilton is a "miracle worker" according Bernie Ecclestone, who believes the Brit would make a better Champion than Fernando Alonso

Ecclestone has admitted that following seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher's departure at the end of last season, he was concerned that F1 would face a slump as a new star was sought.

However, the sport didn't have to wait long as Hamilton blazed onto the scene at the start of this year, becoming the most successful rookie ever and giving fans a new hero to support.

"Lewis Hamilton has been a real breath of fresh air and has resurrected Formula One," the F1 supremo told the Guardian newspaper.

"I have been in motor racing longer than I care to remember but I have never seen anyone like him. He has been nothing short of a miracle worker.

"We lost a big hero in Michael Schumacher but in Lewis we have another. But for him I'm not sure where the sport would be heading."

After just 15 grands prix, Hamilton now stands just moments away from being crowned the Drivers' Champion. The McLaren rookie leads the standings by 12 points over team-mate Fernando Alonso with just two races remaining.

And if you ask Ecclestone, Hamilton is the right man for the Champion's job.

"It is painfully obvious to me that the right guy to be World Champion is Lewis," he added.

"In fact my main fear would be if he didn't win it. Kimi Raikkonen barely talks to anyone and as such has done little for the sport, and as for Fernando Alonso, in his two years as World Champion he has done nothing."

source & pic: planet-f1

The_Gabmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 The_Gabmaster
Member since 2007 • 1580 Posts
Yeah... Maybe...... But If both the Mclarens are out, I wouldnt mind seeing Raikonnen win..... NOT
VexxatuVexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 VexxatuVexx
Member since 2003 • 13348 Posts

No he wouldn't. FIA just want to make more money and interest to have this rookie win on his first season and what not. I hope Alonso wins and leaves this team.

krt1811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 krt1811
Member since 2004 • 69 Posts
kimi would be the better champ. mc claren are full of the most arogant people i have seen in a long time. thats why alonso and hamilton don't get on so well. lewis believes he should be put ahead of alonso because he been with the team for so long, while alonso wants to be put ahead because he champ. if they did what ferrari did and had the drivers equally supported then there wouldnt be such a problem. it's obvious to the world that hamilton has the full backing from the team and that's why alonso won't be there next season. come on KIMI!
aloushi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 aloushi87
I kinda agree with Bernie but I don't approve the 'aggressive' way of his statement. Hamilton seems like the perfect champion; great driving skills along with a nice personality that knows how to deal with the press. Whereas Alonso is arogant and Kimi is a man of a few words. The media and fans want an active champion, and Hamilton seems to be the man to fit the profile.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts
I would like alonso to be champ
kalais91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kalais91
Member since 2006 • 146 Posts

nice personality aloushi87

:lol: you spelt "arrogant" wrong

aloushi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aloushi87

[QUOTE="aloushi87"]nice personality kalais91

I didn't find Hamilton arrogant.. until recently. At the beggining of the season he seemed humble with a nice personality. But now, he seems to get a little arogant after his success. :(

At least his personality is better than Alonso.
VexxatuVexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 VexxatuVexx
Member since 2003 • 13348 Posts
[QUOTE="kalais91"]

[QUOTE="aloushi87"]nice personality aloushi87

I didn't find Hamilton arrogant.. until recently. At the beggining of the season he seemed humble with a nice personality. But now, he seems to get a little arogant after his success. :(

At least his personality is better than Alonso.

Alonso is a nice guy but he's pissed now and i would be too... ever since the scandal he is 6 tenths off the pace i wonder why......McLaren are doing stuff to his car.. like wrong tire pressure and so on
cjek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cjek
Member since 2003 • 14327 Posts
All 3 of them would make good champions. They've all achieved similar things this year so far, so it's not like any of them will be a better champion than each other.