.:: 2013 Singapore Grand Prix - 20/21/22 September ::.

Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Redders1989
Member since 2006 • 13410 Posts

photo SingaporeF1PU_zps3e61a435.jpg 

DID YOU KNOW: Despite pushing the 2 hour time limit naturally, last year was the first time the race ended as a result of the time limit instead of full laps completed.

POINTS OF DISCUSSION

1. The Singapore Sling is no more - was this the right move?
  2. With Felipe Massa out of Ferrari at the end of the year, will he race for himself or continue to play the team role to help Alonso's title bid?
  3. With a lack of payment being the reason why Kimi left Lotus, is this likely to deter Hulkenberg from potentially joining the team?
  4. Only three men have won in Singapore so far - Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel - will it be one of these three again or someone else?
  5. Will there be a window of opportunity for Caterham to jump ahead of Marussia in the constructors championship for the rest of the season? 

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

1. Yes
  2. Himself if he has any sense
  3. Maybe although he won't command even nearly such a high salary/point bonus
  4. One of these three for sure
  5. I think so
Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rayrota
Member since 2005 • 1456 Posts

1. Oh yes.

2. Didn't he say he wasn't?

3. Possibly.

4. Those three are going to be on the podium.

5. Caterham has been faster Marussia as of late, so it's very possible.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

1 - I think the change was necessary as they do launch over the "sausage" humps. The drivers will take every opportunity to straighten out a corner and it doesn't take much for those curbs to dangerously launch a car.

2 - Massa is one of those drivers that I think just about everyone likes or hopes he does well even if he usually has to play second fiddle to his team mate (much like Rubens). I hope he can continue in F1, but I'm not sure if there is a good seat he can take - Lotus is probably the only potential candidate.

3 - Out of the frying pan and into the fire - Sauber are probably in a worse position, and in contrast he won't be able to demand anything like the salary of Kimi. Lotus should also provide a much more capable car. While it may be cliché to say it - but every driver says they would rather drive to win than just be paid to race - so I think Lotus offers him much more opportunities than "just" millions to drive.

4 - I'd expect one of those to win, and atleast one other podium place.

5 - Always a possibility as overall position for them seems to come down to just a single good race finish.

Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rayrota

2012 Pole Time: 1:46.362

2013 Fastest Practice Time: 1:44.173 

Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Redders1989

There is just no stopping that man. A class above the rest, easily.

Great job from Esteban too, Ferrari's/Di Resta nowhere. 

Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Redders1989
Stewards reprimand both Webber and Alonso for Alonso's lift back to the pits after the race. However, because it's Webber's third reprimand of the season, he gets a 10 place grid penalty for it.
sambob530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 sambob530
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

Things just get better and better for Webber :P

DotD: Kimi Raikkonen had a phenomenal race, nobody was expecting to come that high in the field, very well done to him. Shame about Grosjean though, he looked like he had a podium in his sights. Alonso did well too.

SotD: Vettel, what a dominating performance, on top of his game all weekend. I seriously can't see how he isn't going to win that 4th world title, if I'm correct only Schumacher has won 4 in a row before, or did Fangio do it too? 

Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Redders1989

SotD: Vettel, what a dominating performance, on top of his game all weekend. I seriously can't see how he isn't going to win that 4th world title, if I'm correct only Schumacher has won 4 in a row before, or did Fangio do it too? 

sambob530
Fangio also did it, so Seb would be the third again. Second if he wins five in-a-row, first if he does six.
Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rayrota

Stewards reprimand both Webber and Alonso for Alonso's lift back to the pits after the race. However, because it's Webber's third reprimand of the season, he gets a 10 place grid penalty for it.Redders1989
Why? Drivers have been doing that for years. Webber did the same for Alonso just 2 or 3 years ago.

DotD: Kimi Raikkonen

SotD: Red Bull Racing

CitC(Crying in the Corner): SadPSPAddict

ToTDotD(Tale of Two Drivers of the Day): Sebastian Vettel (Grand Slam) and Mark Webber (Car on fire and 10 grid spot penalty)

MtDTM(Misses the DTM): Paul di Resta

Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rayrota

Stewards reprimand both Webber and Alonso for Alonso's lift back to the pits after the race. However, because it's Webber's third reprimand of the season, he gets a 10 place grid penalty for it.Redders1989

tumblr_mtje0mhxOz1r8kneko1_1280.png 

kipi19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 kipi19
Member since 2005 • 4590 Posts

After seeing the footage, it did deserve some sort of punishment, A fine would of been sufficient enough though :( Good sportsmanship being ever so slightly tainted.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IBByzQBCSXE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIBByzQBCSXE

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SadPSPAddict

DotD : Kimi

SotD : Webber/Rosberg/Hamilton for making the last 10 laps interesting in an otherwise dull as dishwater race

I so hope the new regs next season stop this bore fest of races. Even if I liked Vettel it would be boring I have to say. At least when Schumacher was dominating there was a good chance of his car blowing up but this.........

Pray that more teams are closer next season, however I fear that:

• If Merc get the engine right Hamilton will run away with it
  • If Renault get the engine right it will be Vettel
  • If Ferrari get the engine right it will be Alonso 

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

I hope you are joking, I read in the paper that in 2002 he had a season where he was on the top 3 in every single race. Obviously though it would be nice to have some more competition like we had last season where it was a really interesting season and lots of different teams doing well. Hopefully Marussia and Caterham will do well (but chances are one make the grid, potentially both given how poorly they are doing four years after joining the sport).

As for the penalty, seeing what just got posted it does seem perhaps reasonable given it was a dangerous place to stop. If Alonso had move further down and moved to the side where cars would not go, then I think it would have been a tad unfair given its a sporting thing to do, but to stop in the middle of the track on a corner was kind of a bad move.

DoTD: Alonso, proving he can make a great start, just a shame the ending sort of put a dampner on the whole thing.

SoTD: Raikkonen, putting the Lotus on the podium.

Unlucky of the day: Grosjean retiring due to technical difficulties when he was doing a great job, I hope he can make the podium or even better, win a race before the season ends to prove all the haters wrong.

Oops I did it again of the day: Paul "I will drive for Ferrari/It was my teams fault I didn't get into Q2" Di Resta.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 garfield360uk

Also the:

"Our strategy works" award goes to McLaren, once again leaving their cars out too long and having good points positions thrown away. It did not work in Italy so why they expected it to work here I do not know.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 garfield360uk

[QUOTE="Redders1989"]Stewards reprimand both Webber and Alonso for Alonso's lift back to the pits after the race. However, because it's Webber's third reprimand of the season, he gets a 10 place grid penalty for it.Rayrota

IMAGE HERE

The one with three drivers sat on the car from Mexico '86 would have been appropriate.

Rayrota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rayrota

I so hope the new regs next season stop this bore fest of races

SadPSPAddict

How about this rule? :P

• Cars designed by Adrian Newey are prohibited. 

Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Redders1989
I read in the paper that in 2002 he had a season where he was on the top 3 in every single race.Garfield360UK
Indeed correct. Schumacher's 2004 season came with only one retirement, and that was from a crash. In fact, he went from the 2001 Hungarian GP to the 2005 Malaysian GP without a single mechanical DNF.
kipi19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 kipi19
Member since 2005 • 4590 Posts
[QUOTE="SadPSPAddict"]

Rayrota

I concur this motion!! 

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SadPSPAddict
[QUOTE="Rayrota"][QUOTE="SadPSPAddict"]

kipi19

I concur this motion!! 

Agreed - need to get the FIA on board with this one :lol: