Do you think this will be a good DBZ game?

#1 Posted by jaykid93 (279 posts) -

if yes please answer why... if no please answer why...

#2 Posted by MangaMasterMenz (0 posts) -
i think it will be a good game, cause it's fresh it's not just another rehash of raging blast, not saying those are bad games but this is a step in different and i think the right direction, from seeing the latest gameplay footage as well it makes me start to believe that they made something a little special here.
#3 Posted by EndlessKombat (811 posts) -
2 years made with the graphics this bad and gameplay this simplified... I have no hope.
#4 Posted by Sasquacz (12 posts) -

Thats my main reason to worry about... Graph looks good. acually its better than RB ( in my opinion) 
Its specific. Somone will say its plastic but to me its got a charm.
Ok main Reason is dumb down controls.
Now i think they overall not dumb down BUT i need to be sure if there is more than one combo.
All i was seen so far was a square mashin and one combo doing.
On example of goku its allways on difrent movies one combo ending on hiting from top to beat enemy to ground. Thats all?
Really one basic combo?
Any one got some proof of this is not true?  

#5 Posted by Sasquacz (12 posts) -

Thats my main reason to worry about... Graph looks good. acually its better than RB ( in my opinion) 
Now i think they overall not dumb down BUT i need to be sure if there is more than one combo.
On example of goku its allways on difrent movies one combo ending on hiting from top to beat enemy to ground. Thats all?
Really one basic combo?

#6 Posted by Sasquacz (12 posts) -

Really one basic combo?

#7 Edited by Saiyan1992 (6 posts) -

@jaykid93: I don't think i'll be buying this one even if it was only for a penny and thats pretty bad cause DBZ games are my favorite but it isnt graphics or game play they say there is no ingame transformations (the same mistake they made in Budokai Tenkaichi) so the only thing that will make me buy it is if it has Goku and Vegetas Super Saiyan 4 forms but they say that wont happen because "some people" dont like GT so from here on no super saiyan 4 no purchase for me oh and screw super saiyan god it can hold a candle to super saiyan 4.Lets be realistic bills is most likely weeker than Super Saiyan Vegito and we all know Cannon or not Super Saiyan 4 Goku or Vegeta greatly outclasses him.

#8 Edited by StevenDaReal18 (7 posts) -

This one isnt looking too good to me either. You guys should check out the dbz game Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle Royale that was only released in Japan arcades. The concept for Battle of Z seems to have come from that game, but Battle of Z seems like a dumbed-down version. The combos look more depth on Battle Royale. Battle of Z has been looking like a overly mashy simplistic mess. As mentioned on here, it looks like characters have one simplistic combo, it makes a big deal out of this slow easy looking "1 CHAIN 2 CHAINS" combo string, and a button for rushing down the opponent after you smash them away appears as a big image on the screen as if it would have been impossible for the player to remember it on their own. Battle Royale looks way more depth, complex, and seems less cutsceney. You can grab people and hold him like Goku did Raditz, combos look more intricate and conscious, and it just looks more polished overall. Developers seem to be slacking on these global release DBZ games looking for quick bucks from kids and "buy it anyway DBZ fans" (I'm a big DBZ fan). When I was younger I got the DBZ Budokais. Those were better quality than these recent releases. But I'm interested in playing more depth DBZ games that don't baby gamers and have a game system that is actually interesting. Why would they jack the Battle Royale concept with a simplified version? C'mon!?

#9 Posted by FojMohsin (2037 posts) -

At first I thought it was going to be bad but then later on trailers and gameplay videos show that this game had potential. And mostly people who played this game on different events told that it's really good.

#10 Posted by ntngx (5 posts) -

I think the game would be great. But, I hate the fact that to this day not one PS3 DBZ game has super saiyan 4 in it. I prefer graphics like the anime, but if everything else was perfect including the battle system I wouldn't mind. In other words, not like ultimate tenkaichi -_-

#11 Posted by abhirockin912 (6 posts) -

ok so maybe its not on the topic but you all should help this petition too :) ^_^

Please sign here. We have reached 143 only but with your support we ca complete this petition

https://www.change.org/petitions/namco-bandai-release-dragon-ball-z-battle-of-z-on-pc-3

#12 Edited by ristactionjakso (5713 posts) -

I think it will be a great game.

After seeing the trailers and gameplay, it looks like it is modeled after the tenkiachi gameplay of sorts. Plus there is 4 vs. 4 mp modes which looks awesome.

There is a story mode (unlike RB2) which spans through the majin buu saga, has some type of what if stories. It just looks like a vast improvement on ultimate tenkiachi. UT sucked ballsack.

EDIT: Ok so I played the demo.......the game sucks ballsack. Triangle is the only attack button, and you literally only have one combo per character..........

No combos = suck, control scheme is awkward = suck, no transformations during battle = suck, no splitscreen co-op or competition offline = suck, the real story mode doesnt tell the real story of dbz = suck (instead, the developers felt like it was a great idea to turn the real story into a what if story)

Why the F can't devs come up with a good dbz game? It would be so fricken easy to do, but they want to keep making sh!tty ones.

Just skip this game and buy Budokai 3 hd remake. Or if you have a Wii/ Wii U get Tenkiachi 3.

#13 Posted by StevenDaReal18 (7 posts) -

@ristactionjakso: Yea, recent Dragon Ball games have been weak. Why are developers releasing games that are this simplistic and uninteresting? Dragon Ball fans are still around but these games are lacking. The Budokai's and Tenkaichi's were more technical than this one.

#14 Posted by ristactionjakso (5713 posts) -

@ristactionjakso: Yea, recent Dragon Ball games have been weak. Why are developers releasing games that are this simplistic and uninteresting? Dragon Ball fans are still around but these games are lacking. The Budokai's and Tenkaichi's were more technical than this one.

I really want a Budokai 4, but it will never happen. They are more focused on making terrible games rather than quality games. You can't even transform in battle in this new one.......

#15 Edited by Brandon9x (2 posts) -

Awful game. People can say w/e about the graphics, some like it some dont. The game play is very boring and bland. The controls are not that great, it is hard to switch to the correct enemy you want. There are not very many moves, there's no combos, and there's no split screen to play with friends or family.

The game had potential, but overall it just is bad. Some good things about it is that it tried a new system for customizing colors of the character, you can buy cards and such (but still very limited customization) and the introduction of multiple fighters at the same time was such a great idea. But everything was executed poorly, and it really feels like theres nothing to the game when you're actually playing it. It is extremely boring and bland.

So, overall, bad game, some good ideas, but they need to find ways to make the good ideas work, and improve on the stupid things they have done. (no split screen, no combos, no abilities (kind of like every previous dbz game, but worse) weak customization STILL.)

#16 Edited by StevenDaReal18 (7 posts) -
#17 Edited by D3m0n1us (1 posts) -

Sorry but i also dont find this game interesting, too much focus for MP and someone who just want to go through the story mode for fun will not make it far, there is no difficulty set but if your just a average gamer you would be lucky to get past the cell games, also the ultimate attacks are restricted to few fighters so its probably assumed that people who discover wich fighters can use it will use it in online battles because its a instant kill (if they succeed in using it of course) and as mentioned above you cant select the correct enemy, etc.....

I can understand why they dont want transformations in online battles, but seriously some character are already overpowered at the in story mode and MP

#18 Posted by RaphEmojis (7 posts) -

@D3m0n1us:

Just Picked it up it's legit however i agree on your point, "ultimate attacks are restricted to few fighters"

Mp will be OP because of these "tryhard" gamers. Story is cool i DO prefer previous tittles like Budokai 1-3 and Tenkaichi series way better mainly because the character list is waaay more beneficial

and another disappointment No SSJ4....

#19 Posted by chasesmith1 (6 posts) -

I just got a free PSN code from http://freepsncodes.cc