Kane1789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kane1789
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts

This game is a waste of money! Save your cash for something better.

The online has 1 lobby of players (only about 4 of them) and you the system cannot find a match for solo ranked. It's tag only.

This is not a joke/troll, I've been trying to play this game since I picked it up and basically, it is the exact same thing as DOA5 with 2 more characters and more DLC they will try to sell you.My internet is fantastic for all the other fighting games I play and never has problems finding opponents. With Ultimate, no one is playing solo ranked and there is only one lobby, this game is a joke!

If you enjoy online fighting games, you will not enjoy this game!

**If you've got any questions about this game, feel free to ask and I'll answer as best as possible. Even the hardcore DOA fans are better off just playing 5, this game brings nothing new except junk netcode and no players!***

VenkmanPHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 VenkmanPHD
Member since 2005 • 443 Posts

1.) The issues with solo ranked matches is a technical issue they are working on. Try playing arcade, and you will get a lot of throw down requests in the meantime.

2.) There are a ton of lobbies, I just got done playing like 15 matches online.

3.) The game has a NUMBER of subtle changes to the fighting system, for instance Hitomi's side-kick is different, You have to learn how to adapt to some of these changes.

4.) The DLC is optional, you don't HAVE to guy and buy the skimpy outfits (Nor do I understand why anyone would

5.) This game is an EXCELLENT update to DOA5, with the training modes specifically being of note. My Hitomi game has increased immensely. Not to mention it's nice to know all the subtleties of how the DOA fight system works. I never understood WTF a critical stun was until this mode came along.

So what you should NOT do is listen to this person.
What you SHOULD do is buy DOA5U and have fun fighting you ass off like I've been doing for the past hour or so.

Did I mention it's ONLY 40$? That's a steal.

EDIT: There are 4 new characters, not 2.

Kane1789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Kane1789
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts
1- On online fighting game launching with solo ranked matches having a "technical issue" rendering it unplayable is a serious problem. Don't be so passive when companies half-ass a game 2- By tons you mean as many as four. That is with the least restrictive search settings that are possible across multiple times per day. 3- Yes, there are many subtle changes, the kind they can make via an update. Some moves are new and different, yes, you do need to learn to adapt to some of the changes 4- Yes, DLC is optional and you're never forced to purchase any. Then again, in older DOA titles, you played through arcade mode to unlock the countless costumes and weren't taunted with the costumes in game that you cannot unlock without dropping some real-world $$$. 5- It is a great UPDATE. It is not a great full game. The training modes are fantastic welcome changes. Ultimate is a $40 patch. Of course you should not blindly listen to me. Do some research of your own and decide for yourself whether or not you deem this patch to be worth the money. Read reviews, forums, etc and come to you own conclusion. I can only offer my OPINIONS as to why this game is lackluster. $40 for a patch is NOT a steal. 66% of the price of a full retail game to add four characters, training mode changes, and character updates is NOT a steal my friend.
DEATH775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 DEATH775
Member since 2005 • 4216 Posts

The game works just fine for me, not a problem here. Got all the online trophies. The only thing that I don't like about this game is that the combo needs to hit at the perfect time. If you are 0.1 second late then it won't register.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f46e0cd82a68
deactivated-5f46e0cd82a68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 deactivated-5f46e0cd82a68
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts

i own this game now it's my favorite fighting game of all time. this game rules.i don't play onlinemuch so the online issues don't bother me at all anyway.