Keturno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Keturno
Member since 2013 • 44 Posts

Hello guys , i've been playing ds2 for some hours , and i heard the mace was a very good pick this early in the game , as i bought it and upgraded it for little ofc , yet my second weapon is a ultragreat sword (pursuers greatsword) , but it's so slow and does so little damage compared to the mace that i dont feel like being so slow just to look cool , so i came to you guys looking for suggestion on good and fast weapons , maybe a normal sword or a curved one! im open for suggestions!

Thx guys! :)

Xir_Ruzti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Xir_Ruzti
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hey man this is Xir Ruzti, pronounced 'Sir Rusty' and as for a good, fast sword you can use, there are several.

Here are some good swords that are fast and are found early in the game:

- Fire Longsword

- Longsword

- Heide Knight Sword

- Broadsword

Also you can get curved swords like:

- Scimitar

- Falchion

- Black Steel Katana

Those are a small number of Quick weapons that deal some good damage depending on what build you are, either Str or Dex. Maces and great swords do good damage too but they are a lot heavier and slower too. If you have any questions, just ask man!

- Xir Ruzti

Lyrebon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lyrebon
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts

Depends entirely on your build and how you like to play. I don't use shields, instead I left-hand a rapier which is very fast, pierces shields, and has a parry strong-attack. Rapiers and curved swords will be your choice weapons if you want speed. You can get the Espada Ropera by talking to Chancellor Wellager after defeating the Giant Lord. He'll also give you the Royal Dirk which has a 150 physical damage base, fully upgraded, and additional poison.

Whips are also a good off-hand or switch-to weapon, especially the Spotted Whip obtained from Straid in exchange for the Demon of Song soul. Twinblades are also great - they're fast and they deal heavy bleed damage. The Warped Sword you also get from Straid for the Flexile Sentry soul is another good curved blade, as is the Manikin Sabre.

As for katanas, your best bet is the Manslayer - decent damage and poison build-up. I infused my Manslayer with a poison stone to increase the poisoning potential. If you're really dedicated you can try for the Berserker Blade in Belfry Sol, though it's a very rare drop and might require hours of grinding a Black Phantom who only spawns 20% of the time. But it's hands down the quickest of the katanas and deals the most damage, aside from the Washing Pole.