Magic In dark souls II is under powered.

B3GV5M63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 B3GV5M63
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

Everybody so far that I know that plays dark souls 2. about 2/3s of most of them use magic. and when I say that magic is overpowered. because you know its pretty much impossible to win a battle against a guy with moonlight great sword. blueflame. and has a soulmass over him. i've played dark souls for 250 hours. beaten every boss. played a whole playthrough in dark souls II. and from what i've experienced. the only good pyro attack is flame swathe. still. limited range and slow cast speed. you can pretty much run away before it even initiiate. magic attacks have homing abilities. thats only some. they kill in 1 hit. that goes to many of them. and PEOPLE STILL FACKING SAY THAT ITS JUST AS GOOD AS PYRO AND MIRACLES. THEN WHY FACKING EVERYBODY USES IT. WHY. in dark souls. magic was not OP except for hackers. which boosted damage. and 1 particular spell called Pursuer. it was really OP. kills you with 1 hit. even with a shield. unless you had the best magic shield. now. about 10 spells are as strong as Pursuers. some weapons can cast magic (what??). and the int has an unlimited damage increasement to the spell's damage. how is that not OP.. how am i supposed to avoid an attack times and times faster than me with all the lag and the delay. even with 90% magic block shield i get like 75% damage with many attacks. how am i supposed to fight against it. i've lost every fight against magic users. never won. and yes i roll. it never works. side step. do it all nothing works. they hurl attacks at you. i can avoid miracles and pyro. anyone can and none of them do a lot of damage really in 1 hit. am not a noob who just came here not playing any souls game. did i also mentioned that i played demon's souls. magic was OP there too. but no where as OP as it is now in Dark Souls II. just look around. how many people USE MAGIC. the percentage is like 60% out of all players. i bet. i wont most of my fights against pyro. miracle. strength users. except magic. am not a bad player. its just so little of a chance to win.

ZDragonLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ZDragonLord
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

So you just explained how magic was OVERPOWERED, yet in the title it states UNDERPOWERED. Not to mention the massive run-on, separated by periods not commas, made it fairly harder to read. Anyway, on with my reply...

Magic is not OP, FromSoft really tuned it down in this game. The spells have HALF the number of casts as they did in DS1 (soul spear for example had 4, now it starts at 2 and goes up with ATN). The damage has been DRAMATICALLY decreased. Funny how you say "how am i supposed to avoid an attack times and times faster than me with all the lag and the delay." because there are a few shields that can parry spells now with practice. I have made a 100% pyromancer in DS2, and used nothing but fire weps, and did fine.

The main reason magic is so prominent is because it can be accessed right from the start, as miracles start about 30% through and pyromancy not until after the wharf. Magic has the most spells in the magic classes, and the most variety of types (offense, defense, etc).

If you hate magic players so much, A) don't PVP B) respec your stats to get higher def against magic C) you must fight magic with magic...

There are many defenses against magic, you just have to decide to complain, or actually do something in game to combat them.

ZDragonLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZDragonLord
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

Language sir. I did say I have, and seeing I have maxed the game as well as NG+d 5 files all with a different attribute, I can safely have a broad opinion on most of the posts on here. If you are going to use such crude language, you don't deserve to be posting on here. These forums are here to help others and get opinions on various topics, not be a total jerk to someone who does not agree with you.

I bet you play as one of those "let me max my offense and care nothing about defense" kind of people. The only reason you are complaining and raging on a specific class is because you do not know how to deal with it. Let me help you with that:

Spell quartz ring increases res by 50/75/100, dispelling by 60, magic/great magic barrier miracles by 150/250 temporarily, various armors and shields have a high defense, and your INT param.

There are plenty of defenses against the class you so hate, you are just too lazy or stubborn to make use of them. Go ahead, cuss us out for disagreeing with you, but it is you who is stupid enough to continue online knowing what awaits, and have nothing to deal with it. Then come here complaining and raging because of it. You have Souls tenure, by now you should know how to deal with these kinds of things, but apparently not. If it bothers you that much, then you need to learn, and grow up.

PrinceRhymz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PrinceRhymz
Member since 2013 • 96 Posts

I personally refuse to use magic. I think its utter bullshit

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@b3gv5m63: Easy, flaming is a no go.

Cyrona3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Cyrona3
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

I've just rolled a spellcaster after finishing the game pure strength build (Seriously, Bastard Sword is OP, need better late game Great Swords)

Tbh, they are useless until around level 50 when you get the Sunlight Staff and Hexers Hood, Soul Spear takes around 3 shots to kill some enemies, thats 10 enemies between bonfire, added to scarce drops of wilted herbs and other consumables that make boss fights very tense when you reach them with only 10 casts left and one herb.

I've just picked up the spells from (Insert No-Man's Wharf guy's name here) and tbh they don't jump up in damage as much as i'd hoped. Tbh, I think you've just found your arrow to the knee, try making them come to you, hide round a corner and melee the crap out of them when they stupidly get close

Cy