Is there any soul farming in Dark Souls II ?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Currently i'm under level and getting my ass kicked by engaging the games mini bosses. I remember getting into decent lvl by soul farming before engaging first bosses of past games ( soul farming red knight in demons souls first area or soul farming in the garden of astoria in dark souls before engaging bell gargoyles ).

I thought about farming those monsters in the training area of Dark Souls II which gave 1000 souls if killed , oh my all dissapeared for good after i killed them, i mean no respawns :(

I'm currently lvl 11 sorcerer , how to level up easily or buy good stuff early ?

Please advice folks :)

ZDragonLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 ZDragonLord
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

Welcome to the new souls experience… The game has a very limited farming rate now, as if a single enemy (not type, individually) is killed ~15 times, it will disappear until NG+. Best I can say is get the white soapstone (small or large) early and farm from that. As for good stuff, I would recommend investing in STR and DEX as well as the mage params, as no decent spells show up until later. Also remember to save those spices for the good spells too (soul geyser)!

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By indzman

@zdragonlord said:

Welcome to the new souls experience… The game has a very limited farming rate now, as if a single enemy (not type, individually) is killed ~15 times, it will disappear until NG+. Best I can say is get the white soapstone (small or large) early and farm from that. As for good stuff, I would recommend investing in STR and DEX as well as the mage params, as no decent spells show up until later. Also remember to save those spices for the good spells too (soul geyser)!

damn, i guess i've to level up hard way heh. Thanks for the info, much appreciated :)

Avatar image for Captain_Swosh69
Captain_Swosh69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Captain_Swosh69
Member since 2005 • 1012 Posts

i level up easy by just keep dying and dying. i would get my souls back and get souls the hard way, by progressing thru levels. i remember i kept dying at the pursuer boss fight, i would clean up the area b4 it, and finally, there's no more enemies after nth amount of times. i had to use a homeward bone to retrieve my souls tho from the boss fight, not easy, then i just stuck to killing enemies b4 the boss.

if u ever make it to drangleic castle, dont kill enemies near the soul statue. by the front door. on either sides of it. statues with holes in its chest. so enemies will keep spawing indefinitely. coz u need to kill a guard near the statue, then the souls will go into the hole, activating the lock to open the door to the castle.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 indzman

@Captain_Swosh69 said:

i level up easy by just keep dying and dying. i would get my souls back and get souls the hard way, by progressing thru levels. i remember i kept dying at the pursuer boss fight, i would clean up the area b4 it, and finally, there's no more enemies after nth amount of times. i had to use a homeward bone to retrieve my souls tho from the boss fight, not easy, then i just stuck to killing enemies b4 the boss.

if u ever make it to drangleic castle, dont kill enemies near the soul statue. by the front door. on either sides of it. statues with holes in its chest. so enemies will keep spawing indefinitely. coz u need to kill a guard near the statue, then the souls will go into the hole, activating the lock to open the door to the castle.

garcian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 garcian
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Try using a bonfire ascetic in the area were the enemies have stopped spawning. It worked for me

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

let's dig up this old thread, I actaully want to talk about farming souls early on in dark souls 2.

how many times can you clear an area before it stops respwaning