Vertigood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Vertigood
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I got Dark Souls on PS3. So I started playing as a Warrior or Knight (I don't remember) and been focusing on Vitality, Endurance and Strength. I'm using the Halberd and is currently on +7 with it. I'm aiming for getting lightning for it. My level is 44 and Vitality, Endurance and Strenght are all on 24. Dexterity on 17. So I wonder if I should continue like this or am I wasting souls on maybe Dex or Strenght? I wanna be a strong melee-character. This is my first time playing Dark Souls, and never played Demon souls. I appriciate any suggestion.
rojbin100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 rojbin100
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts
You should focus on only str or dex, not both because each one increases the damage of one group of weapons. For example,for your weapon I think only str. matters not dex. Don't rise anything above 40, as there will be only very little improvements.but you may need to rise some to 50 to use certain weapons. If you only want a melee character then going on like this should be good, but you may also want to rise faith a little to be able to you use some health spells online. Hope I helped.
DarkSlayer21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DarkSlayer21
Might want to raise up your endurance a bit. it is extremely valuable to be able to block and parry without the consequences of low stamina. if your only melee your on a good path. if your planning on doing PVP, investing in faith for spells like force,wrath of gods and heal would be valuable.
Vertigood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vertigood
Thanks for your responses. So I guess I'm gonna stop with Dexterity. Focusing on Strength and Endurance. Would like to raise my Faith also. How much should I have in faith to be able to do some healthspells later on? About magic, I got some staff from a some dude and I have found a glove-thing or what it is (in Blighttown I think it was) And i have a spell but I have no idea what to do with it. When I cast it I turn red and my health start sinking :/ Also have a poison mist. Would like to be able to throw some fire or maybe lightning. And I'm starting to get tired of my weapon which I have reinforced to +9 now..It feels like I need a much stronger weapon now. Yesterday I tried on the big wolf and never got close to killing him. But I've finished Blighttown and now I went to Sen's fortress. Got killed by big boulders... ps. Any good farming places you'll recommend? For souls mainly. The best way I know of right now is the Forest protectors that I force off the cliff :)
Vertigood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vertigood
Might want to raise up your endurance a bit. it is extremely valuable to be able to block and parry without the consequences of low stamina. if your only melee your on a good path. if your planning on doing PVP, investing in faith for spells like force,wrath of gods and heal would be valuable.DarkSlayer21
I don't even know what PVP is :) Where can I obtain spells like those you mentioned? And what do I need to use them? Edit: After some research I've gotten interested in the Golem Axe :) It seems nice.
rsj2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By rsj2
Member since 2005 • 27 Posts

The "glove thing" is a pyromancy flame. Pyromancy is the only type of magic you can use without investing in either faith or intelligence, so it's great for melee characters who are still building strength (like you right now). Did you rescue a man in tattered robes from the Depths? If so he should be in Firelink, he'll sell you new pyromancies (including fireballs) and you can upgrade your glove with him to do more damage. Get Iron Flesh (aka "tank mode") and Combustion, which should help you with Sif (the wolf). Poison mist is useless. The spell that turns you red and hurts you is the Power Within pyromancy, it'll let you do more damage in melee, never used it myself but feel free to try it out.

If you still want a new strength weapon I'd recommend either a zweihander (get it from behind the giant skeleton in the graveyard near Firelink Shrine) or a Man-Serpent Greatsword (rare drop from the snake guards in Sen's). The zweihander has, IMO, the best moveset in the game - the strong R2 will smash enemies into the floor and you can finish them easily. Lightning, normal or chaos are my preferred upgrade paths with it. The Golem Axe isn't great really.

The spells he mentions are available from the miracle trainers Petrus and Rhea of Thorolund, they're at Firelink just below the shortcut to Undead Parish, but Rhea leaves for the Tomb of the Giants at some point so you'll have to go rescue her. The forest protectors is probably the best soul farming place in the game, but you'll exceed it eventually. PvP is player vs. player (ie the invasions system) and it's awesome barring occasional lag - try it out and see if you like it, 'cause if you do you'll have to adjust your build a little.