Sega finally getting their props on E-bay?

SHEATH013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 SHEATH013
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
I just hit e-bay for the first time in over a month to see if I could snag some idiot's Sega systems for pennies on the dollar.  It turns out that everything seems very respectably priced now though.  Did it finally happen?  Are the days of Sega Genesis IIs selling (or not selling) for $5 finally over?  I see Sega Master Systems, Genesis and Sega CD 2s for no less than $40 shipped, no Sega CD games for less than $25 shipped, a 32X going for $50 with cables, and no dearth of supply.  Has anybody noticed this before and I just didn't know it was happening?
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
Prices go up and down all year. I won't stay like that.
Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#3 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]Prices go up and down all year. I won't stay like that.

bingo.
SHEATH013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SHEATH013
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]Prices go up and down all year. I won't stay like that.

I haven't seen Sega systems selling for anywhere near this price for over five years. 
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="SHEATH013"][QUOTE="keiblerfan69"]Prices go up and down all year. I won't stay like that.

I haven't seen Sega systems selling for anywhere near this price for over five years.

it's because of 2 things.
1. Next gen is approching, nostolgia is at it's peek
2. younger people are now learning about segas past and the summer is the best time to play the games. after this holiday season the prices will go back down.
SHEATH013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SHEATH013
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]
it's because of 2 things.
1. Next gen is approching, nostolgia is at it's peek
2. younger people are now learning about segas past and the summer is the best time to play the games. after this holiday season the prices will go back down.

The last two years at this any time of year I couldn't get a Super NES for less than $60 off of e-bay before shipping, buy it now.  Now there are over ten for less than $50 plus shipping.  At the same time, I wasn't able to sell my Genesis 2 in two auctions asking for less than $20 shipped!  Now I can't find an SMS or Genesis console for less than $45 plus shipping, and Sega CDs and 32X are $30-50 as well.  It's definitely only the older Sega stuff that has gone up in value.  I think the problem has been that Gamestop and EB had liquidated their older games and flooded the channel with cheap consoles and carts.  Gmsnpr might be right as well in that everything comes back up in value eventually.  N64 and DC are still dirt cheap online, so maybe they'll go back up in the next five years, who knows.  Time will tell whether
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 waflerevolution
ya gamestop and EB liquidating is definitely partly responcible for the average joe gamer turning to EBAY but short of that prices and condition wish you were always better off on ebay. snpr is right as well, all things gain value in time.
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 waflerevolution
That reminds me that I need to buy a 32x.Chikinware

me too...