Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts
A recent post forced me to reflect on the pitifulness of my Genesis collection.  Happily, I have recently found a store with a ridiculous supply of Genesis games.  If I could be so indulgent as to invite any interested parties to review my Genesis collection and let me know what essential, or even fun, games I am missing please let me know.  I bought a Genesis about 4 years after it ceased production (I blame my foreignness), so I am pretty much clueless when it comes to the system.
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#2 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts
A recent post forced me to reflect on the pitifulness of my Genesis collection. Happily, I have recently found a store with a ridiculous supply of Genesis games. If I could be so indulgent as to invite any interested parties to review my Genesis collection and let me know what essential, or even fun, games I am missing please let me know. I bought a Genesis about 4 years after it ceased production (I blame my foreignness), so I am pretty much clueless when it comes to the system. aspro73
Genesis is pretty much my main shooter system. It has some of the greatest shooters of all time, check out digitpress.com in their shooters section. You wont be disappointed AT ALL if you like those types of games.
Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#3 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
the Streets of Rage series is your best bet as well as any Sonic game. all the RPGs are awesome and like fal said, shooters (vectorman, tuxton, gunstar heroes, metal slug, ect.) there are some big picks like shadowrun, Pirates Gold, Mega Bombeerman, General Chaos but the big thing is if you like sports, almost every Genesis exclusive sports game was the best of the time... (Soccer included)
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts
I would add Herzog Zwei, Revenge of Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, and Shinobi III to the list.  I also like Eternal Champions, though the CD version is better.
Sonicgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Sonicgod
Member since 2003 • 967 Posts

sI could find tons and spam you with text for hours listing them all but I will just say the 2-4 I can see from one of the stacks

Sparkster and "rocket knight adventures"  these are some of the best sonic mario type games nobody played and highly rated when ever they are mentioned. only  words need to be said to show how sweet the game is (possom, knight, and jetpac.

Contra hard crops

comix zone

ninja gaiden on genesis game gear and sega master system totaly new games

dinosuar's for hire

james pond

dynamite heddy

crusader of centy

beyond osasis

Ristar

earthworm jim's (sega cd, snes and saturn version better.)

ecco games (sega CD is better)

out if this world )sega cd better

strider

kid chemleon

thunder force anything

outrun/ hang-on OR any of sega's arcade to genesis ports you can find that's why the genesis existed it' was labeled as such and that is what you played until the war with sonic and mario came it came boxed with arcade altred beast.

mutant league hockey

golden axes

toe jam and earl anything

that tiny toon game

teenage muntant ninja turtle games.

99% of the only good x-men games are on the genesis and this is years after. (rember you must hit the reset button on the system at the end of the game when it ask to win xmen1 I am serious)

splatter house tg16 or gen matters not.

Yes sparkster and most genesis versions are totaly new games from the SNES versions get both. and when they are not most of the time the SNES version looks and plays better get the SNES 99% of the time. 

But with sparkster the SNES version is like sparkster 2 and gen is like sparkster 1 both are must haves.  Sparkster is the 2nd game to "rocket knight".

All genesis collections must have zero wing for genesis for it's popular status even if you have a USA or japan machine as of when that whole music video started. (and the music in the game is really good anyway) and mike jacksons moonwalker for its total cheese and bad assness at the same and how it is even more easy to laugh at it now.

and yes I will confess up my love for the TAIL spin game and some of the disney games at the time when they was at least good then like ducktales on NES. and even go as far as the jurassic park games that fill my simple dinosaur human killing needs. but I am sure you will hate them. 

and no collector cares about sports games they exist to get the non collector to buy the machine and make money that is why I find them for dimes everywhere I could go on why I hate them. A collection of sports games is about as impressive as a toe nail collection to game collectors looking to buy.

My collection of sega arcade to genesis ports gets far more looks  from people looking at the sega colletion and "Ohh can we play this one ?" than the real sports games from EA there a dime a dozen .

The only real sports game I have ever seen to bother collecting is NHL 94 because of that movie it was in i got it for 25 cents in a bin. 

metal slug is neo geo or higher

amorphe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 amorphe
Member since 2005 • 382 Posts
4 words ....
Toe Jam and Earl

you must get these.  there are 2.  Toe Jam and Earl and Toe Jam and Earl: Panic on Funkitron.
Sonicgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sonicgod

Anybody who does not have compleate set of toe jam and earl for there genesis should be sacrificed to the SEGA gods.

4 words ....
Toe Jam and Earl

you must get these.  there are 2.  Toe Jam and Earl and Toe Jam and Earl: Panic on Funkitron.
amorphe

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 waflerevolution

Anybody who does not have compleate set of toe jam and earl for there genesis should be sacrificed to the SEGA gods.

[QUOTE="amorphe"]4 words ....
Toe Jam and Earl

you must get these. there are 2. Toe Jam and Earl and Toe Jam and Earl: Panic on Funkitron.
Sonicgod

I only have the first one and ready aim tomatoes.... I only got the first one a year ago...
Sonicgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sonicgod

ready aim tomato's was like the only game for my mencer i liked i forgot what else came with the light gun I might hook it up and see.  I liked the roach hunting game though.

T2 the arcade game is what we played i got the meancer for 2 player at my friends house since he only had a genesis and i was not going to buy him a light gun.

but I always liked using the SNES and super scope on t2  at home(it looks better and is blue like the movie.. but genesis is red like the arcade T2. so none wins)

and yoshi safari battle clash series and the pack in games are better than sega's light gun and the super scope is like the most amazing light gun ever made just holding the thing is fun I hope it comes back in smash bros WII.

Sega's gun is secound place in the fun to hold contest if only they made more than 2 games for it. I think I will try and see if it works for snacher on SEGA CD I have had it for years never tried.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 waflerevolution

ready aim tomato's was like the only game for my mencer i liked i forgot what else came with the light gun I might hook it up and see. I liked the roach hunting game though.

T2 the arcade game is what we played i got the meancer for 2 player at my friends house since he only had a genesis and i was not going to buy him a light gun.

but I always liked using the SNES and super scope on t2 at home(it looks better and is blue like the movie.. but genesis is red like the arcade T2. so none wins)

and yoshi safari battle clash series and the pack in games are better than sega's light gun and the super scope is like the most amazing light gun ever made just holding the thing is fun I hope it comes back in smash bros WII.

Sega's gun is secound place in the fun to hold contest if only they made more than 2 games for it. I think I will try and see if it works for snacher on SEGA CD I have had it for years never tried.

Sonicgod
I wish I didn't rent.... anyway, look at this.
Sonicgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sonicgod

Ya sega Had 2 light guns the offical mencer and Konami's light guns (I don't have the konami guns.) I am going try to get the mencer to work with konami light gun games. I don't think it will work but I will try. I guess I have to buy the genesis T2 I always played my firends and try snacher.

Lethal enforcers might be a good reason to get konami light guns if the mencer don't work.

if snacher don't i think all konami light gun games won't work 

I did not know tinstar and x-zone worked with the super scope there the only 2 that look worth having I am missing I think ill try to get them.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 waflerevolution

Ya sega Had 2 light guns the offical mencer and Konami's light guns (I don't have the konami guns.) I am going try to get the mencer to work with konami light gun games. I don't think it will work but I will try. I guess I have to buy the genesis T2 I always played my firends and try snacher.

Lethal enforcers might be a good reason to get konami light guns if the mencer don't work.

if snacher don't i think all konami light gun games won't work

I did not know tinstar and x-zone worked with the super scope there the only 2 that look worth having I am missing I think ill try to get them.

Sonicgod
the menacer doesn't sub in for the justifiers... I've tried... the SS6 doesn't either...
GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#13 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts
A recent post forced me to reflect on the pitifulness of my Genesis collection. Happily, I have recently found a store with a ridiculous supply of Genesis games. If I could be so indulgent as to invite any interested parties to review my Genesis collection and let me know what essential, or even fun, games I am missing please let me know. I bought a Genesis about 4 years after it ceased production (I blame my foreignness), so I am pretty much clueless when it comes to the system. aspro73
I wonder, how many genesis games do you own so far? :p

A Sega Genesis is a game collector's must. A lot of those games are so darn fun, and worth playing even today. Sega Genesis had awesome platformers, the best sports games (and a good host of them are worth playing even now), awesome rpgs, jaw dropping shooters, and some nice fighting games. Sega was rolling in every genre, and when it was at it's best, it was truly dominating the industry.