"You posted too many comments in a row."

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Two posts, back to back, in the same thread, and the last one was 10 minutes ago. Apparently, two back to back posts is "too many comments in a row."

Why is this a thing?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Yeah

Though it's been that way since the redesign a year back

I find it annoying

Especially when things are so slow

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dave123321

Introduce a post merge system

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

It lets me post

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thehig1

I just hit refresh first

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JustPlainLucas

@thehig1 said:

I just hit refresh first

I did that. I wasn't able to reply, quote or even use quick reply. I had to wait I don't know how long before it let me post again in that thread, and I did two more back to back replies and it says the same thing. Seriously, by the time I'm allowed to post in that thread, I'll have forgotten what I wanted to say.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thehig1

@JustPlainLucas said:

@thehig1 said:

I just hit refresh first

I did that. I wasn't able to reply, quote or even use quick reply. I had to wait I don't know how long before it let me post again in that thread, and I did two more back to back replies and it says the same thing. Seriously, by the time I'm allowed to post in that thread, I'll have forgotten what I wanted to say.

Are you on desktop or mobile site, all sorts of crazy stuff has happened to me on the mobile version of this site

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@thehig1 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@thehig1 said:

I just hit refresh first

Are you on desktop or mobile site, all sorts of crazy stuff has happened to me on the mobile version of this site

It's not a bug, and it's been here since the redesign. You can't make three posts in a row.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thehig1

@harry_james_pot said:

@thehig1 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@thehig1 said:

I just hit refresh first

It's not a bug, and it's been here since the redesign. You can't make three posts in a row.

oh I see, I have never tried to post 3 times in a row before

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dave123321

I want to share my free flowing thoughts

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JustPlainLucas

@harry_james_pot said:

@thehig1 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@thehig1 said:

I just hit refresh first

I found that out when someone else replied and I was able to reply again. That's a horrible restriction.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#12  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
@JustPlainLucas said:
@harry_james_pot said:

I found that out when someone else replied and I was able to reply again. That's a horrible restriction.

It's basically to prevent people excessively spamming up a single thread - it does have it's issues however, most notably when creating particularly large threads in which you need more than 2 posts for the OP - generally speaking however, that's a pretty rare case. There's a lot of space per post and it's quite easy to cut down quotes and and quote multiple people in a single post as well on a desktop system (the mobile site has..issues, to say the least), so it should be exceptionally rare you ever need to post twice in a row, let alone 3 times.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Part of the awesome redesign.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@robotopbuddy said:
@JustPlainLucas said:
@harry_james_pot said:

It's basically to prevent people excessively spamming up a single thread - it does have it's issues however, most notably when creating particularly large threads in which you need more than 2 posts for the OP - generally speaking however, that's a pretty rare case. There's a lot of space per post and it's quite easy to cut down quotes and and quote multiple people in a single post as well on a desktop system (the mobile site has..issues, to say the least), so it should be exceptionally rare you ever need to post twice in a row, let alone 3 times.

In this past year I needed to make a third post in a row only one time.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@thehig1 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@thehig1 said:

I just hit refresh first

Yes. You have to wait until someone else posts in the thread....

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thehig1

@LJS9502_basic said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@thehig1 said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@thehig1 said:

I just hit refresh first

Yes. You have to wait until someone else posts in the thread....

Doesn't seem to bad a restriction, why would you post three times in a row anyway.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JustPlainLucas

@thehig1 said:

Doesn't seem to bad a restriction, why would you post three times in a row anyway.

Because I hate long quote trees with multiple people quoted. If I'm debating with more than two people, then I have to wait for someone else to reply before I can address the third.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thehig1

@JustPlainLucas said:

@thehig1 said:

Because I hate long quote trees with multiple people quoted. If I'm debating with more than two people, then I have to wait for someone else to reply before I can address the third.

Fair enough makes sense, I was just starting a quote tree then haha I'll try and refrain in future