You don't need to use intrusive ads

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Please stop. Normally, I'm not bothered by it, but the LBP3 ad was too much. I don't appreciate the ENTIRE page being taken over by Sack Boys and then scrunched up like paper where I can barely see anything. It's bad enough you plaster your backgrounds with upcoming games. You honestly DON'T need ads to be THIS annoying.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

@JustPlainLucas:

Tough luck, really.

Also, you might want to know that you can block images (including entire background objects) with AdBlock Plus, because, seriously, don't expect a solution from GameSpot.

Furthermore, I would be more pissed off about the in-video ads which tend to go into GameSpot UK 's and GameSpot AU's videos - mainly because I can't block these.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#4 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Yeah, but when you're at work, and your administrator doesn't allow you to install plug-ins, then AdBlock is useless. (we're allowed to be on the net during downtime and breaks)

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts
@JustPlainLucas said:

Yeah, but when you're at work, and your administrator doesn't allow you to install plug-ins, then AdBlock is useless. (we're allowed to be on the net during downtime and breaks)

Even tougher luck for you, really.

Also, are you sure that you can't alter any settings on your computer to allow that? Or exploit any Wi-Fi coverage?

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#6 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I'm pretty sure adblock is a basic human right these days. I'd contact your union.