Yet another "Bonk! is back" topic...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Crulex1369 (2769 posts) -
Posting works, but the inbox is still messed up. It comes and goes rapidly between minutes.
#152 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

This site is falling apart rapidly. First the leveling isn't working, and now I'm getting BONKs all over the place... *sigh*

Seriously, I love using the forums here but in my 3 years here I've been astounded by how long it takes for these technical issues to be sorted out, especially for a site of this size.

#154 Posted by The-Apostle (12189 posts) -
I go to check updates and sure enough I get bonk. :(
#155 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10136 posts) -
It's come back, and I ain't happy...
#156 Posted by thom_maytees (3669 posts) -

This site is fallen apart rapidly. First the leveling isn't working, and now I'm getting BONKs all over the place... *sigh*

Seriously, I love using the forums here but in my 3 years here I've been astounded by how long it takes for these technical issues to be sorted out, especially for a site of this size.

Vari3ty

Double posting.

I have never seen in my 16+ years of Internet use a site plagued with glitches and bugs as GameSpot. Perhaps it is time for GameSpot to start using proven third-party software as I believe these problems are the result of using proprietary material.

#157 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

This site is fallen apart rapidly. First the leveling isn't working, and now I'm getting BONKs all over the place... *sigh*

thom_maytees

Double posting.

I have never seen in my 16+ years of Internet use a site plagued with glitches and bugs as GameSpot. Perhaps it is time for GameSpot to start using proven third-party software as I believe these problems are the result of using proprietary material.

Yeah, sorry about that. After I posted that I got another BONK and didn't bother to check back until now.

#158 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58109 posts) -
Bonk isn't that bad, dudes. Just click the back button and then refresh.
#159 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]Remember this is the weekend folks!worlock77

What does it matter if it's the weekend?

Nobody here to attempt to fix anything.
#160 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -
This is happening for every post now.
#161 Posted by dalger21 (1146 posts) -
This is happening for every post now. Dracula68
Could this be FUSE related? I didn't get any type of error when FUSE was down for a few days.
#162 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6571 posts) -
Every. Single. Time. It wont stop. GRAAAAAAUGH.
#163 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

every post i'm making today is coming up with this Bonk issue, someone please work on fixing this

#164 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

Hello.

I have an issue with the game lists: every time I try to add, move or delete any title from my lists, I get a "BONK" message that tells me "feel free to try again", but this has been going on for the last 5 days. I'm using Google Chrome.

I'm getting this message exactly:

bonk!

An error occurred (UDL04AoPQiMAAGZ@SC4AAAAS) while loading this web page.

Sorry about that! Feel free try to again.

#165 Posted by darkspineslayer (19708 posts) -
I'm getting Bonk!'ed after just about every post...On both my Mac and my iPad :Evil:
#166 Posted by The-Apostle (12189 posts) -
Yeah... Bonk sucks... >_>
#167 Posted by StatusShuffle (1747 posts) -
[QUOTE="Dracula68"]This is happening for every post now. dalger21
Could this be FUSE related? I didn't get any type of error when FUSE was down for a few days.

or maybe the 50 threads talking about the same thing every day on every forum?
#168 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -
GameSpot has been breaking several times every fortnight for years now. I don't care about trolls when I can't even post without getting errors.
#169 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -

lol, I got that message just now while posting in this thread. :lol:

#170 Posted by jakes456 (1437 posts) -

seriously gamespot change your forum software. I don't think people are going to stick around much longer if this keeps happening.

BONK / OOPS every time you post.

#171 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -

seriously gamespot change your forum software. I don't think people are going to stick around much longer if this keeps happening.

BONK / OOPS every time you post.

jakes456

Already told them to. I remained ignored.

#172 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -

Got bonked. :lol:

#173 Posted by jakes456 (1437 posts) -

there are many great forum software choices... Vbulletin, myBB, phpBB, etc.

This forum software is beyond terrible, not just because of these bonk errors. It's also ugly.

#174 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -
I posted that thread back in 2010. Issues were around long before that. GameSpot needs to change, and it needs to make haste in doing so.
#175 Posted by jakes456 (1437 posts) -

they are probably really proud of this terrible forum software.

Keeping the site the way it is = more important than users leaving.

#176 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -

they are probably really proud of this terrible forum software.

Keeping the site the way it is = more important than users leaving.

jakes456
That's the gist I got. Oh, and that it would be too difficult. I was about to play the violin for them.
#177 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

I would love to know how it can even suddenly occur in the first place, what's going on with Gamespot, it's literally broken now.

#178 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

This is going on for almost a week now. F*ck this forum really, they can't even be bothered to make a decent forum yet expect full ad revenues from us.
You should move over to GiantBomb.com in which the actually real reviewers hang out, not this ad-plastered bullsh*t of a site.

#179 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42904 posts) -
Site is a mess with all these 504 errors, and bonks. :[
#180 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

Yeah, I am getting more and more 504 errors now. Ridiculous really.

#181 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

Yeah, I am getting more and more 504 errors now. Ridiculous really. I got one while trying to post this.:roll:

#182 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42904 posts) -
I perhaps suggest taking down the forums in their entirety for a week stretch if need be to get these things in order.
#183 Posted by Mr_KMG (2971 posts) -

The site is BORKED, taking the site down would be an improvment, in that waiting 15 seconds for page to load is unacceptable in 2012

#184 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42904 posts) -
I remember the days when I just got HTML errors, oh those were the days.
#185 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

Here is a good illustration of Bonk! rearing it's ugly head:

Bonk!

#186 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

This site is falling apart. And no one on the staff seems to care or even acknowledge it. The community is dying because of crap like this.

#187 Posted by jakes456 (1437 posts) -

This site is falling apart. And no one on the staff seems to care or even acknowledge it. The community is dying because of crap like this.

Vari3ty

this it's beyond pathetic.

#188 Posted by Amster_G (4290 posts) -

SERIOUSLY, these 504 GATEWAY TIME-OUT messages are getting ridiculous. Why do such errors occur? Do these things happen gradually over time or is it because staff are tinkering with the forums while it's still live? I left GameTrailers because of how dead the forums became after the buggy revamp of the site. Right now, GameSpot isn't looking so clean either. Please get these bugs out soon!

#189 Posted by Wanderer5 (25702 posts) -

I think there was a bonking rampage in the last few minutes. The bonk stopped me from entering the forums, then I could but couldn't enter the threads. Then one time it look like I was restarted, like no avatar, white theme, nothing in the tracking games list, and 20 posts per page (I use 50 per page). It back to normal now through.

#190 Posted by CountBleck12 (22906 posts) -

I think there was a bonking rampage in the last few minutes. The bonk stopped me from entering the forums, then I could but couldn't enter the threads. Then one time it look like I was restarted, like no avatar, white theme, nothing in the tacking games list, and 20 posts per page (I use 50 per page). It back to normal now through.

Wanderer5
Happened to me as well.
#192 Posted by biggest_loser (24055 posts) -
Anyone thought about boycotting the site till they fix all this stuff? lol I mean I just tried to make a thread on this board and low and behold it didn't let me post it.
#193 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -
Anyone thought about boycotting the site till they fix all this stuff? lol I mean I just tried to make a thread on this board and low and behold it didn't let me post it. biggest_loser
this site is complete crap. blame the Techs and CBS Interactive.
#194 Posted by CountBleck12 (22906 posts) -

Anyone thought about boycotting the site till they fix all this stuff? lol I mean I just tried to make a thread on this board and low and behold it didn't let me post it. biggest_loser
I wouldn't mind actually.

#195 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Boycott? I'm seriously thinking about just stopping.

Someone will probably bring up the argument about it being free so I shouldn't complain, but my god, who in their right mind would start paying for Gamespot when the site is in the current condition?

The technical support on this site is a joke. A flat-out joke. I don't know any other way to put it. It takes ages for anything to get fixed, and when something else finally does new issues pop up that take just as long. A site of Gamespot's size should be fixing these bugs within days, but instead it's weeks, hell even months.

And what does the staff do? Occasionally someone from higher up will come in here, offer a reassuring post, and then disappear just as quick as they came. Meanwhile the site continues to be crumbling before our very eyes, the dedicated community is mostly ignored (the Soapbox removal, the focus on Fuse anyone?).

I know I'm sounding like a hater but I really like the site - and it's hard seeing this place in this broken state. Something needs to be done, and done SOON, if Gamespot wants to retain the community it currently has. Because the internet doesn't wait - and I won't be either if this keeps up much longer. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure others feel the same way.

End of rant. Your move Gamespot.

#196 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -
For a site as big as Gamespot to be this broken for as long as it's been is pretty embarrassing.
#197 Posted by anihimz (14242 posts) -
For a site as big as Gamespot to be this broken for as long as it's been is pretty embarrassing. JML897
Truuu Oh and +respect for Frankie O avy:D
#198 Posted by Wanderer5 (25702 posts) -

And the whole site got bonked it seems a few minutes ago...

Edit: Ugh it happened again.>_>

#199 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -

And the whole site got bonked it seems a few minutes ago...

Edit: Ugh it happened again.>_>

Wanderer5
it gets worse and worse everyday here. this site will crash before the weekend is over, it is sad and true.
#200 Posted by super600 (30667 posts) -

The bonk issues and the profile glitch have been driving me crazy today.