Would like to speak with a mod who can help out with a few forums

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Blabadon (26547 posts) -

I don't know who to contact directly for this, nor do I want to, so as kind of a general question to a mod out there, I want to help get some forums in better shape like the handheld ones and the Legacy forums.

If you could PM me if you actually want to help (and trust me, it'll be a minimal responsibility), then please do so.

#2 Posted by michaelP4 (16680 posts) -
Report any ToU violating posts. Could try PMing a mod if you have specific concerns but I'm sure the mods keep an eye on those boards since they're main forums.
#3 Posted by Blabadon (26547 posts) -
Report any ToU violating posts. Could try PMing a mod if you have specific concerns but I'm sure the mods keep an eye on those boards since they're main forums.michaelP4
Not a user problem, just how the stickied threads are so old, have no use, and I'm willing to put in some work in helping getting some new material there as long as some moderators are.
#4 Posted by dab198 (3905 posts) -
You probably are better off PMing the mods who you see frequenting those particular boards (assuming there are any), as most mods don't check this board. If you're not sure who to try, I'll see if I can dig up the list of board leaders we've got and point you in the right direction.
#5 Posted by michaelP4 (16680 posts) -
Ah, I see. In regards to Legacy Platforms, Allicrombie would be the person to see then (if she still goes) - I remember she was going to do some sort of a magazine for that board - not sure if it ever happened. Would definitely recommend talking to her.
#6 Posted by Blabadon (26547 posts) -
[QUOTE="dab198"]You probably are better off PMing the mods who you see frequenting those particular boards (assuming there are any), as most mods don't check this board. If you're not sure who to try, I'll see if I can dig up the list of board leaders we've got and point you in the right direction.

Sure, though seeing as you actually responded, I wouldn't mind you dipping your toes into their territory. :P Kidding, thanks though
Ah, I see. In regards to Legacy Platforms, Allicrombie would be the person to see then (if she still goes) - I remember she was going to do some sort of a magazine for that board - not sure if it ever happened. Would definitely recommend talking to her.michaelP4
Will do, thanks
#7 Posted by Blabadon (26547 posts) -
I'm bumping this. Synthia said she could help but has been completely useless and incompetent throughout trying to help me in getting anything done. It's honestly quite frustrating seeing the work the community is willing to put in and in some cases already has only to be shunned by ignorant "community managers" or whatever positions given. If any mod can help me out with this, (and I couldn't give two shits about which subforums an individual mod runs, I'm not here to ruin your guarded land nor do these mods seem to have any presence outside of SW and PGD), it would be highly appreciated.
#8 Posted by dab198 (3905 posts) -
If you're going to ask with that attitude, good luck getting anywhere.
#9 Posted by JP_ (12876 posts) -

Excuse me for what I am about to say as it isn't me.

How dare you say that Synthia the one that is working so hard to make the Site even more awesome now that JodyR has left the Company. Synthia is a Community Manager and She is very busy everyday.  I honestly think that she shouldn't help you out and she shouldn't of even offered her help.

Think about this. Synthia is the Only US Community Manager so she Governs over the rest of the US Gamespot Staff under her.  They have more important task on there hands then just your concern as she is one of the only Staff members that I know Handle the Community Support for when Users contact the Gamespot Staff I suggest you rethink before you even type your next message As Dab said Good Luck Getting Anywhere

#10 Posted by DigitalDame (4061 posts) -

My own emotion pertaining to your obvious frustration aside; I agree that issues like the one you brought up when concerning a community (regardless of its size) falling through the cracks for priority is not appropriate and I apologize to the users who frequent the effected boards for it not being addressed in a time frame in tandem with their expectations.

I will spare the community any excuses since they will likely be labeled as unimportant and get straight to concerns with cleaning up a few boards and dead stickies.

Starting off with the Legacy Forums:
You mentioned that the AdBlock thread is "hopelessly outdated and may confuse new users" and then recommend it being removed. When I went to the board today at 2:00pm PST I saw no such thread so I will assume that that matter is no longer an issue. If it is still there and I happen to be missing it due to some oversight please feel free to link to it.

Next, the PSP/Vita forum:
It was mentioned that the READ FIRST thread was also outdated and "hasn't had a legitimate post in over a year and should also be removed". I do agree that if there is to be a post with similar subject matter that it should hold some relevance. It's been archived and will be tailored then added back to the forum once it has been updated.

You then suggested that the recommendations should not only keep its sticky but should also have the Vita Recommendations thread stickied as well, this has been done. 

The DS/3DS thread.
This one was a little odd since in your original PM you had mentioned that "All three stickies, with respect to the work put into them, are not useful anymore, to the point where one hasn't received a post since July 31st of last year. I would recommend taking them all down". There are currently 2 stickies now, the Forum Rules thread, and the 3DS Official friend code exchange thread both of which I think need to remain stickied. Though I'm sure the Forum Rules thread could stand to be updated.

Game Recommendations Boards:
We currently have a recommendations board in the Primary Games Discussion board, but I do agree that there is value in targeted discussion for specific platforms. That being said I'll put out a request for members of the Ranger community to populate recommendation threads for all platform forums.

I believe per suggestion the boards that had priority were the following: Wii/Wii U, DS/3DS, and Xbox 360. So I will see about those being created. 

Again I would like to apologize to the users who frequent those boards about the delay. 

#11 Posted by Blabadon (26547 posts) -
I have already apologized profusely to Synthia. Like I wrote in an email, after a moment like Ryan Davis' passing, we should all be much more appreciative of what we have and Synthia is a damn good community manager. Slamming her due to frustration was an incredibly immature and rude way of trying to get any point across, if at all. I once again apologize for being so rude on multiple occasions. I'll PM Synthia on getting more of these things done.