will 'unions' ever be a thing again?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeorgeOglee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 GeorgeOglee
Member since 2013 • 44 Posts

i had an account years ago that i used to use on gamespot, and the unions were one of the main features i used, i met lots of lovely people who i've unfortunately now lost contact with, and we'd regularly setup online games to play and such. Will it ever come back in a new rejuvenated form or is there any current alternative to it?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Come on dude, look at this place. Not only union will not be a thing again, this site is simply dying.

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3 s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts
@GeorgeOglee said:

Will it ever come back in a new rejuvenated form or is there any current alternative to it?

Not per se, but there's a list of Unions that were migrated into Forum threads here...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/bug-reporting-feedback-1000006/list-of-union-boards-on-gamespot-30983185/

Originally this (or a similar listing of Union threads) was stickied here, but it seems to have been removed... you might try sending a PM to Synthia @DigitalDame and ask for it to be reinstated (or where such a list now exists).

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

I've repined the topic, not sure who took it down but I have it booked marked for just these occasions.

GeorgeOglee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By GeorgeOglee
Member since 2013 • 44 Posts
@DigitalDame said:

I've repined the topic, not sure who took it down but I have it booked marked for just these occasions.

hmmmm... i suppose it's better than nothing, but it's still a real shame. especially considering the joys of unions was having a small community where everybody knew each other and created unions of our own rather than joining into what are simply forum threads on predetermined topics. that's a huge step back, i know i'm probably very late to the train on this one but yeah, a real shame. I get that the union section was well behind the rest of the site in terms of design, but it they were able to redesign the site it couldn't have hurt to do the same, or even just left it as it was for those that wanted it.

not complaining at all since i know there's nothing that can really be done, but eeeeeh :c