Will there be a dedicated board for VR?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

With the consumer versions of the HTC Vive, PSVR, and Oculus Rift fast approaching, I was wondering if there were any plans in the works for a forum dedicated to VR? This is a huge development in the industry (not only for games) and there's undoubtedly going to be much discussion to be had come launch and long after.

Are we going to get a forum for it, or will the PC board get overflowed because there's no where else to post?

Thanks.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. The other categories are all platforms whereas VR is more of an accessory. There certainly is no shortage of VR news these days, but as for discussion you can feel free to make posts about VR in the usual locations (GD, PC Gaming, System Wars).

-Byshop

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MirkoS77

@Byshop: didn't you preorder the Vive? Do you know how long I'm going to have to wait to get mine if I preorder it within this week?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Byshop  Moderator

@MirkoS77 said:

@Byshop: didn't you preorder the Vive? Do you know how long I'm going to have to wait to get mine if I preorder it within this week?

I'm getting all three. The Vive is shipping in May for new orders, and the Oculus is looking like July at this point.

-Byshop

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MirkoS77

@Byshop said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I'm getting all three. The Vive is shipping in May for new orders, and the Oculus is looking like July at this point.

-Byshop

Right, but aren't all May shipments for the Vive already accounted for?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Byshop  Moderator

@MirkoS77 said:
@Byshop said:
@MirkoS77 said:

-Byshop

Right, but aren't all May shipments for the Vive already accounted for?

Not according to their website. Orders placed today will ship in May. Nothing is guaranteed, obviously.

-Byshop