Why isn't Youtube a trusted link?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emperiox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 emperiox
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

I mean Youtube does NOT have viruses, hell it's owned by google. So why can't we link to Youtube on the site in the comment section of news articles. It keeps saying pending...how long until it shows up?

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

All embedded video and imagery in the comments has to be approved by a moderator before it'll appear on site, so it'll show up once one of us has reviewed it.

There isn't a trusted list - even youtube videos have been used for abuse in the comment section.

emperiox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 emperiox
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

All embedded video and imagery in the comments has to be approved by a moderator before it'll appear on site, so it'll show up once one of us has reviewed it.

There isn't a trusted list - even youtube videos have been used for abuse in the comment section.

dab198

Yeah but how have they been abused? I mean I think it's absurd to block them as if they have been abused frequently. The whole point of banning certain picture-hosting sites was because of Malware...youtube videos don't have Malware. It's unfair to super-screen the people that are actually following the rules...