Why is there a 'Sports' board but no 'PC/AV Hardware' board?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by donalbane (15836 posts) -

I see there's a Sports forum here that doesn't it in at all with the theme of all the other content, while the hardware board has been completely removed. Why was this done, and why can't we get a new PC/AV hardware forum back? I can't tell you how many times I used the old hardware board to get help with AV and PC equipment over the years. Why was it removed from this site? Gamers are naturally interested in PCs, displays and other audio visual equipment, so I don't understand.

#2 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (2994 posts) -

@donalbane: Hi, the old board is still here it's just not used much as it's not on the main list anymore.

Computer Hardware discussion was merged with AV and PC Games to create a more active board. The staff are aware of the fact that users want it put back but there are a lot of other things that will come first.

Just use this board for the time being.

Hope this helps

#3 Edited by donalbane (15836 posts) -

it does help, thanks.

#4 Posted by the_bi99man (10916 posts) -

Computer Hardware discussion was merged with AV and PC Games to create a more active board.

I wonder how they feel about the fact that now the hardware and AV boards are gone (or, might as well be gone, since there's no way to get to them without already knowing about them), and the PC Games board gets even less traffic than it used to when it was only meant to be the PC Games board.

#5 Edited by MrYaotubo (2323 posts) -

I´m personally surprised why on a freaking videogames website boards like the Legacy forums aren´t listed but one of the slowest moving boards(sports) is up from the start...

#6 Edited by leon2365 (13038 posts) -

the legacy forum is there, just not listed in the main boards.

#7 Posted by The-Apostle (11913 posts) -

I´m personally surprised why on a freaking videogames website boards like the Legacy forums aren´t listed but one of the slowest moving boards(sports) is up from the start...

They received too many complaints about them not including the sports board. >_>

#8 Edited by Gelugon_baat (18923 posts) -

They received too many complaints about them not including the sports board. >_>

You were being sarcastic, weren't you? Or were there really complaints about a board for sports not being there?

#9 Edited by Master_Live (12262 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

You were being sarcastic, weren't you? Or were there really complaints about a board for sports not being there?

Yes we were. Guys on the Sports Board are very protective and were vocal about keeping that board.

#10 Posted by The-Apostle (11913 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

We actually were vocal about it. We even contacted a few mods and a couple admins via PM about bringing it back.

#11 Posted by Gelugon_baat (18923 posts) -

We actually were vocal about it. We even contacted a few mods and a couple admins via PM about bringing it back.

Now, I have to admit that I am not an avid GameSpot forum mite (phrasing intended) to have known this - I was not aware that the sports bugs in GameSpot hold that much influence here.

#12 Posted by The-Apostle (11913 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

Now, I have to admit that I am not an avid GameSpot forum mite (phrasing intended) to have known this - I was not aware that the sports bugs in GameSpot hold that much influence here.

It's not always about how much influence you have. It's about how loud you are when you really want something.

#13 Posted by Gelugon_baat (18923 posts) -

It's not always about how much influence you have. It's about how loud you are when you really want something.

Tell that to the blokes who want the old site back. XD

#14 Posted by The-Apostle (11913 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

Tell that to the blokes who want the old site back. XD

That's true. And I'd love to see the old site back. >_>