Why is my wall full of updates from random people?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Katzenbalger (764 posts) -

For some reason when I click on the 'Your Feed' tab in my profile, it shows a bunch of updates (like forum posts, images and other stuff) from random people who I'm not following and who aren't following me. None of these updates appear under my 'Your Friends' tab.

Is there a reason for this? Have I accidentally clicked on something to make this happen or is this just how it works? I would have posted this under the Tech Support forum but that keeps giving me a 404 error.

#2 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

I believe it's how it works as it should,remember YouTube,facebook,or some other social medias?

the "wall" worked much like the aforementioned,those who didn't really know you or those that knew you are welcome to post on the wall

and also,everything you do will go under the 'Your Feed' section of your profile,the purpose is to let you know what you did just now

#3 Posted by Katzenbalger (764 posts) -

@Smashbrossive50:

Hm, well none of their updates really relate to me at all. I understand that you can post on somebody else's wall, but i'm getting random things from random people that aren't related or directed to me. I'm getting updates whenever some random person adds a game to their owned list or follows another user or writes a review.

It's become a little bit of an issue since I can't really respond to people who actually do post something on my wall, since the constant slew of random people's updates pushes comments down quickly until they disappear (since it only keeps the last twenty activities for some reason).

#4 Edited by Katzenbalger (764 posts) -

Actually you can see for yourself. Click on my profile and see, my feed is full of random people's stuff.

When I click on other people's feeds it isn't like that, it just keeps their stuff and things people comment directly to them. Mine has a lot of random things. I have no idea why.

#5 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

provide a screenshot and I will look at it

#6 Edited by Katzenbalger (764 posts) -

Image came out a bit blurry, but there you have it. It's my feed, but all those updates are random people's stuff. From looking at feeds from people on my friend's lists, none of theirs has this sort of thing.

#7 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

it's quite weird how your wall got tainted that way instead of having it on 'Your Friends' feed,solve this problem by posting something on your own wall and screenshot it(screenshots give details,so use it as a reference)

probably a bug or a dislocation for the temporary answer

#8 Posted by s_h_a_d_o (1281 posts) -
#9 Edited by edgework (318 posts) -

We know and its getting fixed. In the meantime enjoy being a voyeur and hope your shit isn't too embarasing to be on someone else's wall!

#10 Posted by Katzenbalger (764 posts) -

@s_h_a_d_o: @edgework:

Ah ok. Cool. Just glad to know that I'm not the only one and that it's getting fixed.

#11 Posted by zyxe (4652 posts) -

@Katzenbalger @zyxe

I've noticed similar issues on others' feeds, e.g. http://www.gamespot.com/profile/zyxe/

also, i literally just now received an email notification that you mentioned me, looks like your post was 8 days ago! i don't post anything i don't want others to see, the downside is that it seems that my friends aren't even seeing what i'm posting/blogging! i do hope all ends of this get sorted soon.

#12 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

@zyxe said:

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@Katzenbalger @zyxe

I've noticed similar issues on others' feeds, e.g. http://www.gamespot.com/profile/zyxe/

also, i literally just now received an email notification that you mentioned me, looks like your post was 8 days ago! i don't post anything i don't want others to see, the downside is that it seems that my friends aren't even seeing what i'm posting/blogging! i do hope all ends of this get sorted soon.

Every time you quote someone, even when the person you quote has quoted someone else, sends you a notification that you were mentioned. It appears as GS fixed something in the notification system that allowed said system to work and thus saw and posted all those notifications yesterday, thus letting you know that you were mentioned.

#13 Posted by OmitName (717 posts) -

so that it is known, regarding the feed, it is my belief that seeing feed items that are not your own is contagious. i had heard about it, but until someone posted on my wall, it had not happened to me.

just in case it is a clue for solving the issue. *looms over random users threatening to infect them.

#14 Edited by s_h_a_d_o (1281 posts) -

@OmitName said:

so that it is known, regarding the feed, it is my belief that seeing feed items that are not your own is contagious. i had heard about it, but until someone posted on my wall, it had not happened to me.

just in case it is a clue for solving the issue. *looms over random users threatening to infect them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's not social media as much as it is social disease!

@zyxe said:

also, i literally just now received an email notification that you mentioned me, looks like your post was 8 days ago!

I've barely even received one notification since the change. :|

#15 Posted by zanelli (756 posts) -

@zyxe said:

also, i literally just now received an email notification that you mentioned me, looks like your post was 8 days ago!

I've barely even received one notification since the change. :|

I got all of the notifications it hadn't notified me about emailed to me in one go yesterday. There were a few of them :|