Why can I only see US release dates?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60889f10c3b8e
deactivated-60889f10c3b8e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-60889f10c3b8e
Member since 2002 • 770 Posts

I used to be able to see release dates for ALL regions, including Japan. Now I only see the US. Is this going to be like that episode of Mystery Science theatre where we see a spinning globe with only the US on it? There are other countries in the world, you know! :P

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#3 rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@Raeldor said:

I used to be able to see release dates for ALL regions, including Japan. Now I only see the US. Is this going to be like that episode of Mystery Science theatre where we see a spinning globe with only the US on it? There are other countries in the world, you know! :P

Look to the right of the page in the 'Filter Games" box. There's a 'Region' option. That's what you're looking for.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

@edgework said:

@Raeldor said:

Look to the right of the page in the 'Filter Games" box. There's a 'Region' option. That's what you're looking for.

It would be much more useful if these dates also showed up on the game pages. Maybe even using some geolocation on IP addresses to show the "best" release date instead, or giving us an option to set which region's date we want to see by default. US dates aren't much use to me, except for games that have a worldwide release date.

This wasn't an issue when there were regional GameSpot sites, as you always saw the date most relevant to you.