Where's 'My Collection'?

• 116 results
Posted by whiteagle18 (366 posts) 10 months, 10 days ago

Poll: Where's 'My Collection'? (218 votes)

I prefer the old "my collection" page. 94%
I prefer the new "my collection" page. 4%
I don't care about either. 1%

Where's my collection. Don't tell me that stacks replaced it because it sucks. I liked seeing all of my games on one page in a chart format with gamespots score, my score, the platform, and the release date all in one place. Also, where have my ratings gone? Why isn't there a page that lists the ratings I gave to games?

#51 Posted by addictedtochaos (1130 posts) -

The Stacks are useless, definitely preferred the old collection lists. Doesn't seem to be an effective way to add games to my owned stack. No way of sorting either.

#52 Posted by dcox8810 (37 posts) -

Please return the old features of collections! Ratings especially!!

#53 Edited by Dredd6 (32 posts) -

The new site design just destroyed almost everything i used to love on gamespot... Also I can't choose a version of a game that I give a score. For instance I played a console version and a pc version of a game and I want to give a score to both versions of the game. Now i just can't make it.

Guys, please return the old game lists settings and the old rating system if it's possible!

#54 Posted by bahamut66c (117 posts) -

...i pre-order my games then forget about it until i get called to pick it up or its delivered....

...i always have a hard time remembering which games i bought and which games im suppose to buy...so i used this site as a check list...

...seriously i dont really care about my avatar/signature/posts or even my user level...i just want the collections/following lists back in working order...

#55 Posted by mahdiar_ir (33 posts) -
#56 Posted by Philsb1986 (7 posts) -

@supermajic: Same here- extremely frustrating and disappointing! I'm exploring other options so I never have to deal with this again.

#57 Posted by LunarEclipz (23 posts) -

@AtheistPreacher: I use Raptr and Gamefly, Gamefly's profile is what i use to show people my gameslists cause its an easy ABC order by defualt (( CHangeable )).

#58 Posted by anarayan (314 posts) -

...i pre-order my games then forget about it until i get called to pick it up or its delivered....

...i always have a hard time remembering which games i bought and which games im suppose to buy...so i used this site as a check list...

...seriously i dont really care about my avatar/signature/posts or even my user level...i just want the collections/following lists back in working order...

Ditto.

#59 Edited by sonic-boom (347 posts) -

One of the biggest reasons I use Gamespot was their collection lists and tracking lists as well as lists for game ratings. Now it's a big mess and completely useless. I'm already finding I'm visiting this site less since their make over. Fix it, Gamespot, or I'll just move on.

#60 Posted by beutlich99 (1104 posts) -

TC, exactly. Preach it. It looks like everybody else that posted feels the same way. Overall, I'm please with the new GS look, but losing the well organized "my collection" section is a huge problem. Bring it back GS. Or transfer it over to the stacks section and make it much more organized and easy to sort.

#61 Posted by BloudyHell (66 posts) -

I wish they would give us an actual response as to whether features from our Collection List will be returning or not.

I liked being able to sort my games based on Scores, Release Date, Console, etc.

Stacks is just a list with icons and nothing else. Where's the functionality in that?

#62 Edited by anarayan (314 posts) -

Initially it was just a list with icons and names (some of which were Japanese names too). Now there is the added release date without the year. That is some improvement over the stacks. So I think there is hope. In the future, I can see some functionality being returned so that the stacks are more useful for those that use it to manage our games. Let's all hope (and pray) that that is so.

#63 Posted by stylyy (139 posts) -

We're aware of your guys concern. We're looking into improving this experience.

#64 Posted by numbbaby (119 posts) -

Adding my voice...I joined this site 10 years ago and decided it was going to be my permanent home for all my games I've ever ever played, including my personal scores. You can NOT tell me that the functionality of it is just gone? What the what? Please add the personal scores back and the sorting options, or let us know that you're at least planning for it, because yeah...otherwise I'll need to take the whole damn list and remake it on GameFaqs or something.

#65 Edited by s_h_a_d_o (1275 posts) -

@stylyy said:

We're looking into improving this experience.

Good.

I'd like mine with free pie and beer, please.

:P

#66 Posted by BranKetra (47740 posts) -

I had to manually organize my games. It was a hassle.

#67 Posted by wwlettsome (1313 posts) -

Just want to add that one of the key features of this site was the "following" and I really liked the "collection" feature. But the "following" was how I kept track of various games through the notifications it sent to my profile and frankly with the new layout this site has become almost useless to me and I've been a loyal visitor for many years.

#68 Posted by chad28_69 (241 posts) -

does anyone know how to see the list of the games you are following?

#69 Posted by kkee (1728 posts) -

Just want to add that one of the key features of this site was the "following" and I really liked the "collection" feature. But the "following" was how I kept track of various games through the notifications it sent to my profile and frankly with the new layout this site has become almost useless to me and I've been a loyal visitor for many years.

This is what I miss. It's a lot harder to track updates for specific games.

I was hoping with the new site, there would be an improved way to maintain collections, such as DLC grouped together with the main game or the ability to add specific releases (such as a European Special Edition or North American Greatest Hits or a retail or digital release).

#70 Posted by anarayan (314 posts) -

@stylyy said:

Thank you for addressing this concern.

#71 Posted by bahamut66c (117 posts) -

...so i guess the site is still a work in progress...

...so apparently i just bought 6 digital games...4 physical games...and heard of 3 new titles that im interested in...

...i just remade a new check list at gamefaqs but i guess for the following news/update feature im still screwed...and i have this feeling im suppose to pre-order something soon as well...

#72 Edited by Perth2008 (195 posts) -

Agree with the call to reinstate (or at the very least incorporate in this "stack" concept) the old system which showed the title, year of release, GS rating, gaming platform (PC, PS3, etc) and my rating. Like others I used and relied on this system for recording my owned games, played games and rankings/score (for comparison with my subsequent ratings).

Sure the images in the new "stack" system are fine but without the hard meaningful data that was in the old "My Collection" system these are just pretty pictures and of little use.

#73 Posted by Zenwork21 (90 posts) -

@Renegade_Fury: Bad design.. what can I say.. it doesn't even looks nice , heavy and slow.. you can't filter anything.. I am also a paid subscriber... .. Honestly I do not think they even care..v I am just so upset right now

#74 Posted by SpookyJack (717 posts) -

@stylyy said:

I sincerely hope so, because now one of Gamespot's best features is completely ruined. I used to love managing my collection on here. For nearly 9 years I've been keeping it up to date every week! Everything was so neat and tidy, and you could tell a lot of work was put into it by the staff members as well: European, Japanese & American release dates, different versions, boxart, on which platform, etc. Now it's one big mess. Please restore it the way it was.

Again, I very much like the new design but the "old" collection simply must return.

#75 Posted by jcobb (12 posts) -

Just adding my voice to the many that are disappointed with stacks on the new website. I've been relying on GameSpot for years to manage my game collection, and now nearly all the features I need are gone:

Can't add a game to "Games I Own" stack from the game's page.
Can't choose the platform that I own the game on
Can't see all the games I own in one easy searchable and sortable list with Title, Platform, Release Date, GS Review Score etc.
Can't move games between stacks (e.g. from wishlist to collection to now playing etc.)

Please bring back these features GS, or I'll be using another site to track the hundreds of games in my collection! I can't believe that you thought that stacks in their current form were going to meet the needs of gamers who use this site for their collections. It shows really poor planning and implementation.

#76 Edited by jcobb (12 posts) -

The other problem I'm seeing with the new site, now that I'm playing with it a bit more, is the approach taken with expansions/DLC.

In my old collection I could add these as separate games to track what I owned, what I was currently playing etc. Now it seems that although those expansions/DLC have migrated into the "Games I Own" stack, they link to reviews of the expansions/DLC instead of a game.

Seems the new site only has the original/base game (e.g. "Fallout: New Vegas") as something I can add to stack. Each game has a review for the original/base game and reviews for any expansions/DLC (e.g. "Dead Money", "Honest Hearts" etc. I can't add these expansions/DLC as games to a stack? If I search for, say "Dead Money" on the site it comes up with nothing.

This is a serious problem for those of us that like to track expansions/DLC separately as part of our collections!

#77 Posted by chad28_69 (241 posts) -

One huge problem: when you add games to the stacks like the "Games I'm Playing" stack you can't choose the platform.

And different platforms have sometimes very different games for example Need for Speed Underground has a GBA, PC and PS2 versions which are different from each other. BTW that game had different reviews for all of the versions and now only had the one for the GBA.

#78 Posted by bobbyblain (1 posts) -

OMG my games list is completely wiped out. If this isn't fixed or "rolled out" soon, I am leaving GameSpot for good. I kept track of ALL the up and coming games as well as the ones I haven't purchased yet!

#79 Edited by AtheistPreacher (1112 posts) -

@LunarEclipz: Thanks for pointing me at those.

However, for other people's reference, they unfortunately didn't really do the trick for what I was looking for.

Gamefly I discounted straight away, because I checked it and, unsurprisingly, they do not even have entries for PS1 games, nor for digital-only games.

Raptr seems reasonably complete in terms of the games it lists, but doesn't give you a nice clear list at the end of it. You can quickly sort by title or filter by genre & platform... but there is no way to view a concise list without box shots, there is no score display, there is no release date. Most of all the site seems to be focused on tracking achievements and play time, neither of which I'm interested in at all.

Then there's GameFAQs, which is laid out really great in terms of the data it stores and how you enter that data... but there's no good way to display it! You can filter the list several ways, but it is very slow... dropdowns, not checkboxes, and you have to manually hit update instead of auto-filtering. And the list displays nothing besides platform and title. Damn shame.

Honestly the only solution I've seen so far is doing a spreadsheet myself. I had no idea how great Gamespot's game collection & tracking lists were until they were gone.

#80 Posted by Bgrngod (5732 posts) -

@AtheistPreacher:

I've taken up the arduous task of rebuilding my Wish List and Collection list in Google docs via a spreadsheet, and it still isn't a good replacement for how the old Gamespot did it. I had a custom HTML homepage across all my devices that had a list of each system under Want and Own where I could select the system and go right to the appropriate Gamespot list for my profile. The old Gamespot let you control the "filter by system" box via URL switches as well as control sorting lists by URL switches.

Now, I have to open up the google doc, and then depending on which devices I am using I might be able to select a filter in the "Platform" list I have setup. Unfortunately the mobile phone app doesn't allow selecting of filters so it's not even remotely close to what Gamespot provided before.

I'm just completely baffled about why they would choose to go from something that is unique across the entire internet, to something that is identical to what dozens of sites already do. There are NO other sites that I've found that functioned the way the old Gamespot did. And I spent years regularly looking around to see what might be out there. Every time, I always came up empty handed and just stuck with Gamespot since it was superior. Having already given Giant Bomb's lists a try several times over the years and not liking it, I was more than just a little upset to see the old Gamespot lists tossed out only to be replaced by a Giant Bomb clone (naming them Stacks doesn't change it).

#81 Posted by dicosoul (133 posts) -

My all time favorite page has gone missing :-'( :-'( :-'( :-'( :-'( :-'(

I am Feeling Nostalgic. (Sad-Cry)

#82 Posted by jsmoke03 (12597 posts) -

i want my old collection options with stacks to merge. i get that this rebuilt site is still going through rough patches, but the more options the better with stacks. organize this better

#83 Posted by chad28_69 (241 posts) -
#84 Posted by anarayan (314 posts) -

Y'all should read what edgework (a staff) posted over on the "Where are the ratings?" (currently) stickied thread. This should ease everybody's worries. Thanks @edgework

@edgework said:

@beutlich99 said:

@edgework: Okay, but what exactly does that mean? Will I suddenly have a "stack" called "my rated games" or something like that? It needs to be in ONE single location for quick viewing access at the very least. It would be nice to be able to organize it by date/score/platform/etc. but that's secondary to having ALL of my ratings in one place.

We're revamping the 'Stacks' page(s) so that all your ratings are available, sortable and filterable by platform, game, rating etc. Also your ratings will show up properly in all pages where the given game is featured. When that goes live give it a go and tell us what you think.

#85 Posted by bultje112 (1867 posts) -

I feel the same way. Right now, all of my games are just clustered together in an unorganized mess, and I can't keep track of anything. Why can't I view them by platforms, date of release, or scores in a nice tidy list like before? Also, a lot of my games have been changed and are being listed as japanese versions.

it's a f'n mess. I will switch everything over to gamefaqs. at least they stick to their format. gamespot worst decision I can remember. everyone hates it

#86 Posted by Bgrngod (5732 posts) -

@chad28_69: LOL

I discovered GameFAQS tracking system yesterday and spent a good chunk of the day rebuilding my wishlist and have LOVED it so far. I came back to this thread specifically to say "Oh man.. i was wrong.. there IS another site" at which point I saw your post and laughed out loud. All this time I've been looking for alternatives, and a great one was RIGHT NEXT DOOR.

I'm really digging it. It looks like it will be a totally complete replacement, with extra features. If Gamespot hadn't nuked their lists with this change, I might still have gone over to GameFAQS if I would have ever learned about it. Having the option to pick which retail release is awesome since I collect a lot of CE's and such.

#87 Edited by crimes73 (61 posts) -

It's baffling how this overhaul has made practically EVERYBODY pissed! What were the beta testers doing?

I agree with each complaint and I can't say how annoyed I am for the decision of destroying something that worked so well before. I have hard time understanding how so-called "experts" fail to grasp this simple concept: changing doesn't always mean improving.

#88 Posted by hawkai (25 posts) -

@Bgrngod: My Collection has vanished for me, too! It was the only place that I used to track games. I hope they restore it soon!

#89 Edited by Bgrngod (5732 posts) -

@hawkai said:

@Bgrngod: My Collection has vanished for me, too! It was the only place that I used to track games. I hope they restore it soon!

They most definitely will not restore your collection if it got cleared out during the update. They may change the features around, but if your list is gone, it's most likely gone for good.

I spent a good chunk of my night last night rebuilding my collection list at GameFAQS using their list tool. Worked pretty well using my tablet and standing in front of my game shelves checking off games. Got about 1/4th of it done so far. Rebuilding my wish list is going pretty smoothly as well. Using the Japanese titles that oddly show up in the Gamespot stacks, to do a search in GameFAQS, returns the english titled game 99% of the time.

#90 Posted by anarayan (314 posts) -

@Bgrngod said:

@hawkai said:

They most definitely will not restore your collection if it got cleared out during the update. They may change the features around, but if your list is gone, it's most likely gone for good.

I spent a good chunk of my night last night rebuilding my collection list at GameFAQS using their list tool. Worked pretty well using my tablet and standing in front of my game shelves checking off games. Got about 1/4th of it done so far. Rebuilding my wish list is going pretty smoothly as well. Using the Japanese titles that oddly show up in the Gamespot stacks, to do a search in GameFAQS, returns the english titled game 99% of the time.

Man, stop spreading panic around. @edgework already posted on the "Where are the ratings?" thread that the staff is working towards restoring most of the old functionality in the stacks. Give it some time, a couple of weeks, maybe.

#91 Posted by edgework (318 posts) -

@Bgrngod said:

@hawkai said:

BUZZZZZZZZZ

WRONG!

#92 Edited by hawkai (25 posts) -

It looks like the games that used to be under My Collection are now in the "feed". Does anyone have any idea where the hell that is? I can't find it.

#93 Edited by Bgrngod (5732 posts) -

@edgework said:
@Bgrngod said:
@hawkai said:

BUZZZZZZZZZ

WRONG!

So you're telling me you guys are going to restore the "My owned games" list that we had on the old Gamespot before the update? The other thread you noted restoring the review scores (.5's are in the system), and said nothing about the owned games lists...

#94 Posted by chad28_69 (241 posts) -

@hawkai said:

It looks like the games that used to be under My Collection are now in the "feed". Does anyone have any idea where the hell that is? I can't find it.

yours: http://www.gamespot.com/profile/hawkai/following/?filter=objects

#95 Posted by Bgrngod (5732 posts) -

@hawkai said:

yours: http://www.gamespot.com/profile/hawkai/following/?filter=objects

Assuming just a name change in the URL would pull up mine...

http://www.gamespot.com/profile/bgrngod/following/?filter=objects

I see only two things in there. My old "My Collection" list had over 1800. At least the two things shown are indeed games that I own. So that's something I suppose.

#96 Posted by DigitalDame (3782 posts) -

Hey there everyone. So if your collection is currently missing you're apparently in the group of users who are experiencing data display issues, which is something that is currently being worked on according to edgework. But I will make sure that this is added to the current list of things that need to be fixed.

#97 Posted by hawkai (25 posts) -

I FINALLY found the list of the games I had under "My Collection" on the old site. They are now all under "Feed" > "Following", oddly enough. There were some random games that weren't on the old list. But, I cleaned up the list and added the games I wanted to the new stacks feature.

I have to say that it was pretty cumbersome. You should be able to move and remove games within the lists rather than having to go to the game page each time. Also, the tiny icon to add games to your stacks should be larger, more obvious, and always in the same place on game pages.

#98 Posted by 4p0k4lyps3n0w (2 posts) -

Signed in just to add the "me too" comment. I cannot find any of the games I rated. nor the played or owned list. I just tried looking under Feed->following, and yes, there's the 4 games I'm waiting to release that I'm following. Other than that, everything else missing. gone. VERY DISAPPOINTED. hope this gets fixed. been a loyal user here since 2006. but the best and most useful feature has gone...

#99 Edited by crimes73 (61 posts) -

We are obviously ignored by the staff, despite what's been written.

I think it's time to move away from Gamespot.

#100 Edited by Perth2008 (195 posts) -

Some games I've recently played and scored are appearing as XBox or GS on the summaries ... neither of which I have! Can we please select the version we are scoring/ranking or reviewing? Some of my previous reviews are now showing other than the platform I played it on (though most are correct, being PC only until mid-2013 and then PS3 or PC since).

I am glad that I can now see and sort/filter, in various ways, my earlier reviews and scores but remain puzzled as to why we cannot set the platform on which the game is played, especially going forward.

Personally I won't be writing any more reviews until all this is sorted out ... I'll simply put in the score and hope it ends up related to the right platform.