Where's 'My Collection'?

• 116 results
whiteagle18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Where's 'My Collection'? (233 votes)

I prefer the old "my collection" page. 95%
I prefer the new "my collection" page. 4%
I don't care about either. 1%

Where's my collection. Don't tell me that stacks replaced it because it sucks. I liked seeing all of my games on one page in a chart format with gamespots score, my score, the platform, and the release date all in one place. Also, where have my ratings gone? Why isn't there a page that lists the ratings I gave to games?

• 
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21695 Posts

I feel the same way. Right now, all of my games are just clustered together in an unorganized mess, and I can't keep track of anything. Why can't I view them by platforms, date of release, or scores in a nice tidy list like before? Also, a lot of my games have been changed and are being listed as japanese versions.

Avatar image for kool_zed_speaks
kool_zed_speaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 kool_zed_speaks
Member since 2005 • 125 Posts

@ Renegade_Fury exactly. I don't just want a game collection viewer where there's a little boxshot of it to the left, just so it looks good. I want a funtional version with all sorts of list sorting options even if it's just text only like the old gamespot. Also we need more games listed per page in a stack. Stacks as I see them now are useless.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Renegade_Fury

@kool_zed_speaks said:

@ Renegade_Fury exactly. I don't just want a game collection viewer where there's a little boxshot of it to the left, just so it looks good. I want a funtional version with all sorts of list sorting options even if it's just text only like the old gamespot. Also we need more games listed per page in a stack. Stacks as I see them now are useless.

Yup, I agree with all of that. I used the game list to keep track of my collection. What am I supposed to do now? Go through my hundreds of games and manually make more stacks out of them? screw that nonsense.

SpookyJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By SpookyJack
Member since 2004 • 711 Posts

I like the new Gamespot design but these Stacks are an absolute mess and an enormous step backwards.

Duck_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Duck_Zero
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts

@SpookyJack said:

I like the new Gamespot design but these Stacks are an absolute mess and an enormous step backwards.

Agreed. I like the way it looks, but there's a lot of important features (as people have mentioned) that're missing. I hate that there's no way to see my ratings, other than to go to the gamepage itself. I hope that's something that they'll change/add in later.

Avatar image for deactivated-639e8b549249b
deactivated-639e8b549249b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 192

#6 deactivated-639e8b549249b
Member since 2010 • 179 Posts

Gamespot is the only place I kept a complete list of every game I've played and rated. Now I can't view a list of my ratings. On top of that I was informed that previously saved decimal place ratings would remain, but it appears they've been rounded down.

mark1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mark1982
Member since 2004 • 425 Posts

This was my favorite feature that gamespot provided me with, I had my collection all up and tidy in list form. I hope they fix it or clean it up, if not then I will have to find an alternate site for this feature. :(

Avatar image for AtheistPreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AtheistPreacher
Member since 2002 • 1130 Posts

Agree with all the comments posted here so far. This was the feature that kept me here more than anything. Now it's effectively gone, since "Stacks" are COMPLETELY useless. You can't even sort by TITLE, let alone score, platform, or release date. "Step back" doesn't even convey it... adding insult to injury, as someone said above, a lot of my games have been randomly changed to the Japanese versions for no apparent reason.

Burner4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Burner4444
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts

Need sorting options, needs to view release date and GS score. What a joke

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10  Edited By Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

The've obliterated a feature I used every single day. I had my phone setup with a custom home page with links where I could select a system to see my wishlist for that system. I'd use it in stores when hunting for deals etc. Now it's totally uselesss AND my collection list is gone.

We were told before the change that our lists would stay, but that is clearly not the case. Had I known ahead of time how crappy it was going to be, I would have done a copy/paste into a Google doc. But instead, my whole collection list has vanished. Now I get to rebuild it by hand by doing an inventory at home. That's 1800+ games. Yeah. Really excited about that :|

Between that, and the ridiculous use of Flash, I've got every reason to stay far far away from the site from now on.

MATI9630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 290

#11  Edited By MATI9630
Member since 2009 • 145 Posts

We've also been told that our old ratings would stay (8.5 = 8.5, not 8) which is also not the case. Oh come on, gamespot doesn't really give a rat's ass about functionality. What matters is: a lots of clicks cause of new -bullshit- review of Bioshock Infinite! YAY! CLICKS!

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Renegade_Fury

@Bgrngod said:

The've obliterated a feature I used every single day. I had my phone setup with a custom home page with links where I could select a system to see my wishlist for that system. I'd use it in stores when hunting for deals etc. Now it's totally uselesss AND my collection list is gone.

We were told before the change that our lists would stay, but that is clearly not the case. Had I known ahead of time how crappy it was going to be, I would have done a copy/paste into a Google doc. But instead, my whole collection list has vanished. Now I get to rebuild it by hand by doing an inventory at home. That's 1800+ games. Yeah. Really excited about that :|

Between that, and the ridiculous use of Flash, I've got every reason to stay far far away from the site from now on.

That's what really bugs me, because, yes, we we were told that our lists would stay. I even asked that question and was answered directly by one of the programmers. If I had known that these "stacks" were going to be such a mess, I would have organized and made my own google docs or word files ahead of time as well. Right now I'm taking it as if what I was told was a lie.

AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AtheistPreacher
@Bgrngod said:

1800? Oh man... I thought I had it bad with 700.

Seriously though... +1 on your comment that if I'd known they'd obliterate this feature so completely, I would've exported it to a spreadsheet.

As it is, I've got lots of time with a clipboard at home ahead of me. Thanks, Gamespot.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

Stacks seem to me as a way to preserve all of our old collection data without doing any work at all. GiantBomb's list code wasn't designed for lists this big. There is no way I can manage my collection now - I mean, there are nearly 900 games in my stack - and it's impossible to organise it.

All this talk of 'rebuilding from the ground up' is a joke. Taking another site's code and moulding it into another website, isn't rebuilding.

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By anarayan
Member since 2004 • 351 Posts

Guys, I had the same thought (dismay) when I first saw the site yesterday, but I don't think the site's contents have fully rolled out yet. Give GS some time. If programmers themselves said that the collections would remain, I'm pretty sure it will. It just hasn't rolled out yet.

I frequent another site that currently underwent a redesign from the ground up. Buckeyeplanet. There, all the features weren't rolled out in a day. It took a couple of weeks. I am sure this feature has been programmed, but just hadn't rolled out yet. Just wait guys. It's not even been 24 hours. Be patient for it, I'm sure it'll happen. I hope.

PS: I thought I had it bad with 100 games on my collection and 140 on my wish list... Boy was I wrong... :lol:

Thisisstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Thisisstupid
Member since 2003 • 43 Posts

I had my collection set up with everything I own all the way back to the NES. The old one was one of the major reasons I ever signed up with Gamespot in the first place. I knew I should have just made a google doc. I hate this new stack collection. It's just a list. Where's all of the functionality of the old lists?

AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AtheistPreacher

Has anyone done much looking around yet to try to find who has the best games tracking feature, now that Gamespot's is effectively gone?

Is IGN's any good?

I suppose if there's nothing good out there, I may actually just start keeping my collection recorded in a spreadsheet. At least I know that can't be taken away.

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#18 beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts

@supermajic said:

Gamespot is the only place I kept a complete list of every game I've played and rated. Now I can't view a list of my ratings. On top of that I was informed that previously saved decimal place ratings would remain, but it appears they've been rounded down.

Me too. I used this site exclusively to organize games played, games wanted, and games interested in keeping track of. I used this site for that reason because it was laid out better than others I could find. Now, not so much. Please fix GS

BradHummr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 BradHummr
Member since 2005 • 1096 Posts

I too am missing the old collection format and features. It was a function of the site that I thoroughly enjoyed. I understand that the new site rollout is in it's early stages, just wanted to express my interest toward bringing back a similar functioning collection system!

sickko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#20 sickko
Member since 2011 • 108 Posts

and i'm another one that is upset about the "collectiion" thingy... for me this site right now is > hard to track games and organize them, missing control over my profile (edit feed, edit image options)

in one word everything is a MESS... i know everything is new and everyone is flipping out but it's not a good start i have about 200 games in my collection and i'm pissed donno how the 1k ones are doing but it's weird around and i'll give it some time if nothing is changed i'll "pack my things" and go...

linkdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By linkdarkside
Member since 2003 • 6279 Posts

in some of my games got changed to that of the japanese version and wend i try and change it it ask me for some valid template.

pizzaboyuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 pizzaboyuk
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts

If Stacking is the way to go. Please include a "Move/Copy To Stack feature".

A way to sort the list and view similar to the old way would also really help. I miss looking at my follows list to see which of my games were going to be released next *frown annoyed look*

Avatar image for PillsberyDoeMan
PillsberyDoeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#23 PillsberyDoeMan
Member since 2003 • 80 Posts

came here to post this EXACT same topic. been coming to gamespot of years and being able to list and organize all games related to me has become a significant reason as to why i'm still here. fix this crap gs.

BloudyHell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 BloudyHell
Member since 2003 • 66 Posts

Stacks is garbage. Please bring back the old lists.

I used to keep a list on IGN as well until 4 or 5 years ago when IGN "re-vamped" their layout. Guess what? It looked like what Stacks looks like now. Just a list with no way to sort or organize. I never went back to IGN.

mark1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mark1982
Member since 2004 • 425 Posts

Anybody know an alternate gaming site that provides collection tracking?

haafie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 haafie
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

Oh dear, so I wasn't the only one shocked. Just proves that if you want it done properly you've got to do it yourself. What a horrible design decision, although it does fit well in the other peculiar design decisions. It looks like the entire site's been designed with tablets in mind. Shame that this site can no longer be used to track games and your own collection. I'll have to find another place to do that from now on.

Sheoldred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sheoldred
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

You guys have to stop using a website you have no control over to store important lists and ratings of games on. You can't trust "THE CLOUD." You have to use something consistent like a database or Excel file stored on your computer where no one can one day destroy it or alter it besides you.

jjbackus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jjbackus
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

I came to GS after IGN screwed up their collectiom/wishlist lists 3-4 years ago. Now its time to move on again. I can't see how any idiot sees the current system as an improvement on what went before.

Avatar image for purple_monkey33
purple_monkey33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 purple_monkey33
Member since 2005 • 262 Posts

Just to add another comment saying I'm also disappointed that this feature seems to have gone

mica6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By mica6
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I'm one more that don't like staks... I don't know if they are making updates yet, but for now, the staks don't show me the informatio that I want...release date, scores... And I can't update my own stacks!! I tried to delete games, add others, create a new stak...I received always the same message that tell me that there occured a problem...come on...

Warpld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#31  Edited By Warpld
Member since 2007 • 132 Posts

Came looking for that topic - found it immediately. I spent a good half an hour trying to understand how the new organization works when I finally realized, the problem is not with me, but with the big freaking mess that Gamespot has become after the update. My Collection is a stinking pile of crap now, as well as the other categories. All my 500+ ratings are gone and I just loved to rate a game immediately once I finished it. It would have been nice if the new "stacks" followed an order, but no - too much of an effort. Now, when I go to my profile, I just stare at a big white page with nothing, and have to scroll up and down to find simple things which were nicely organized in side menus before.

Gamespot, please revert to the last usable version of your site and database before this harakiri happened. New doesn't always mean better. You did back up before "deleting Windows" didn't you?

Avatar image for most_games_r_ok
most_games_r_ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: -1

#32  Edited By most_games_r_ok
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts

I don't even know how these stacks work

There was no reason to not have something similar to the old games list

wolf503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 269

#33  Edited By wolf503
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts

I like the stacks but I would like the features of the old lists to be there. Like you said the ratings, platform release date etc... But I do really like the "Games played stack". What I don't like is that it's not user friendly. Before you used to be able to go through your following, collection, wish list whatever and select the drop down box to either copy to another list or move to another list or delete. The new way is pretty stupid. I also don't like that games and people I follow are in 1 list now. Also when I do try to edit a stack and save it, it says I haven't selected a "valid template style". So not only are the stacks not user friendly, they don't even work the right way, for me at least xD I pretty much like how it all looks just don't like how it functions. Might be going a bit off topic here as well but anyone know what happened to fuse? I thought it was meant to be part of our profiles now.

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 anarayan

I wonder if they will provide the Collections as a feature for subscribers... If so, I'll be disappointed. Tremendously.

I initially thought there would be some people who would like the features that have been implemented, but there are none. Every single person in the forums seems to think poorly of the new site. Seems like the design decisions were made with extremely poor choices.

Thisisstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Thisisstupid
Member since 2003 • 43 Posts

Can you not even add games to the collection other than manually? I tried from a game's page and it only had add to I'm playing, I want, I've finished. But no Add to my collection anymore.

I really hate this new layout and the new collections in particular. Pretty much the only reason I came to gamespot was for my collection and so I could get updates on my games that I'm following which seem to have disappeared.

ggelhsva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ggelhsva
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

@AtheistPreacher said:

Agree with all the comments posted here so far. This was the feature that kept me here more than anything. Now it's effectively gone, since "Stacks" are COMPLETELY useless. You can't even sort by TITLE, let alone score, platform, or release date. "Step back" doesn't even convey it... adding insult to injury, as someone said above, a lot of my games have been randomly changed to the Japanese versions for no apparent reason.

My thoughts E-X-A-C-T-L-Y! Sorting was one of the features is used Gamesport the most for and now is GONE! :( I sure hope it's a bug soon to be fixed and not something permanent!

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 anarayan

@ggelhsva said:

@AtheistPreacher said:

My thoughts E-X-A-C-T-L-Y! Sorting was one of the features is used Gamesport the most for and now is GONE! :( I sure hope it's a bug soon to be fixed and not something permanent!

Not a single GS staff has said anything on the bug fixes forum since the new site rollout. At least, none that I could find. I thought it would be fixed, but for the above reason, I am coming around to the realization that it is a feature and not a bug that can be fixed. HATE the new site. Now I've got to redo all my games collection. SUX BALLS! :(

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

I made good use of the old collection section and had built it to over 500 titles - a nice way to quickly sort by platform, title, score etc.

Stacks might be useful for small lists of 10-20 items, but they seem far too clumsy to deal with large lists, and in their current format give no useful info at all.

Games seem to have been merged so there is only one entry regardless of platform. Scores and release date aren't shown in stack view - just an odd looking narrow column of boxart pics :(

linmukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#39  Edited By linmukai
Member since 2003 • 600 Posts

I'm blown away by how bad this change is. Wow. They just took my favorite feature of the site and destroyed it completely. What is left? A list of icons with zero information next to them, nothing at all. My ratings are gone, the GS ratings are gone, the release date is gone, the platform is gone, sorting the list is gone.

How did that ever pass muster as an "improvement?" I really cannot believe what I just saw. I have over 900 games in my collection and it is just an unsorted mess of icons now, 100 per page I think it was. This display is useless.

I really am shocked that anyone at Gamespot could possibly have thought that was an improvement when what it really is, is gutting the feature entirely.

I won't be using my collection page at all for anything anymore. It isn't worth doing. There's no point to it now. I'm really disappointed by this and hope they fix it by reverting back to what we had or something close to it. I wouldn't have minded the idea of stacks per se if they still included all the same info in a useful arrangement like before but as it stands now I don't know who would use this feature. Maybe somebody with a dozen or so games?

I've been one of the faithful here for many years and even paid for it at one point when there was a subscription. I am just floored by this. I really am.

I forgot to mention that I noticed also that my list of "followed" games is just gone now too. That list was useful for reminding me of games I wanted to keep tabs on that are in development. Now it is just gone altogether.

chad28_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#40 chad28_69
Member since 2007 • 536 Posts

@supermajic said:
Now I can't view a list of my ratings. On top of that I was informed that previously saved decimal place ratings would remain, but it appears they've been rounded down.

You can't order by platform or by rating. Some of my ratings have disappeared. Some of my games were replaced by other versions. For example I had "Final Fantasy X" (normal, non-platinum), now I have "Final Fantasy X (Mega Hits)" with a different cover. Can GameSpot fix this? Why did they add versions? I don't seem to be able to choose the version I want to add to the stack.

SethGeckoWWE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SethGeckoWWE
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

@AtheistPreacher said:

AMEN to that!

There's really nothing more that I can add that hasn't already been said. I like the new site itself, but the main reason to come here on a regular basis was to manage my collection, the feature was awesome, including my ratings. Stacks are a stupid waste, no sorting, no platform, no rating including mine, nothing, worthless. If this doesn't change then it's bye bye to another site where I still can manage my collection. Althoug finding one will be hard, this was the only site I did manage my collection.

ignautius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ignautius
Member since 2003 • 179 Posts

Why build something that's functional or displays information when COLORS AND GRAPHICS! LOOK AT PRETTY AND DESPAIR AT THE USELESSNESS OF OUR MIGHTY "STACKS"!!!!

thevektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thevektor
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I dig the overall site design choices, but this change from informative, functional, easy-to-manipulate collection lists to the clusterfudge that are the "stacks" has left this longtime Gamespot user quite irritated. I'll give you guys some time to work out the kinks, but unless the cataloging ability returns to its previous state (or some well-constructed derivative thereof), that will be the impetus for me to stop frequenting this site. Sad, but true. The ball is in your court, GS engineers.

SavoyPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#44 SavoyPrime
Member since 2003 • 41098 Posts

@dab198 said:

All this talk of 'rebuilding from the ground up' is a joke. Taking another site's code and moulding it into another website, isn't rebuilding.

This all day!!!

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I've been saying, I'm fine with most all of the changes made. But losing the neat easy to sort traditional collection page in favor of these god-forsaken clusterfudge called stacks? Not only is it a messy nightmare, but most of my games list as the Japanese versions of them. I don't want some stupid picture besides all of my games, ok? The collection feature of the old GS was the best damned collection feature of any website I'm aware of, period. Please, restore it as soon as possible, ok?

chad28_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#46 chad28_69
Member since 2007 • 536 Posts

@mark1982 said:

This was my favorite feature that gamespot provided me with, I had my collection all up and tidy in list form. I hope they fix it or clean it up, if not then I will have to find an alternate site for this feature. :(

GameFAQs has a really nice collection feature.

high344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By high344
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts

this needs to be "sorted" out

Dredd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 281

#48  Edited By Dredd6
Member since 2010 • 105 Posts

I really miss my collection view.

I want it back!

Katra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Katra
Member since 2002 • 272 Posts

My Collections/Wishlist/Tracked Games/Avatar/Gamespot Level is all gone! These were my favorite features that kept me to this site all these years. This really sucks because I was a paying subscribing since the beginning of that period and a subscriber before that. I'm not rebuilding that list because I just can't remember all the games. It went back to the NES days. Man gamespot, screwing over loyal consumers. Please bring back my data or I will have to look for other places to get news and I'm sure many others will too once they find out their lists they've been building for years is gone.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#50 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4398 Posts

Just adding my noted hatred for the new stack system. Glad to see I have picked up a bunch of Japanese version of games that I own....what a cluster ****. I do hope they sort things out and correct this "update" so it works better. And by sort out the "update" I mean, fix all the broken stuff the new build has brought upon Gamespot.

She wasn't the best looking site around, but she was mostly functional and easy to navigate. This whole new "let's look like every other site out there" is hard to look at. I greatly dislike the blindingly white background every single page uses in the forums as well.